homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Looking for Love   » Insert funny topic here :) (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Insert funny topic here :)
Shredder565
Mini Geek
Member # 12594

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 25, 2007 09:26      Profile for Shredder565   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I kept it simple [Smile] .

Well, after browsing the board for a bit, there seem too be generally knowledgeable people here....so I'll give it a shot.

First, Pictures:
http://www.myspace.com/animationfan

Second: Description

Being a geek, I've tried and failed miserably at relationships. I've been on three dates total with two women...first two was way too nervous...third went better but no second date.

Online has been a bust. EHarmony showed no matches for a month...match.com just had replies saying they where not interested. Free sites had people checking out my profile, but no replies, heh.

I'm way too shy and image conscious in real life too just approach someone out of the blue. No real success too back up confidence with and all [Smile] . I'm a tad better in groups, because conversation have been started....but still no luck. And of course, friends are too busy too help out and set someone up on a blind date.

So, I'm still out here looking [Smile] .

I'm 5'6", Brown Eyes, Black hair. I'm a Nintendo fan for life, and formerly an Atari junky(still have it and it works!). I'm easy too shop for at Christmas because there is always a new technology out there too get [Smile] .

I'm a Stooges fan. Ghostbusters is a fan favorite, and I know allot about the Ninja Turtles universe. Have even chatted with the cast at various anime conventions...

I love getting down too the beach. If you are at Jenkinsons: Point Pleasant NJ during Memorial Day weekend, you can spot me at the annual WPLJ Kickoff too Summer Blastoff. I'm currently getting very close too a job there, I hope [Smile] .
You can check out some of my past work over at http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

If you've gotten this far in this book, thanks! As far as who I'm looking for... She should be about the same height, at least athletic in shape and likes too workout (currently lost 30 pounds myself). A Good relationship with her family and a generally mellow personality. Girl next Door type and all that....

If she's an 80's kid, or would rather buy technology than a dress or Jewelry, it's a major plus,hehe. Must not in the past or now smoke or have done drugs. And of course, no divorcee's please. My first time, I'd love too find someone on equal footing for a relationship.

Later!
Neil

--------------------
The Un-Official WPLJTV channel..

http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Posts: 54 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 25, 2007 16:01      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My advice:

1. If that myspace pic. is the one you use for every site then you should get something a tad nicer.

2. Be adventerous (sp?), what do you have to lose? so at your next convention don't just hang out with the cast - go try and make some more female friends. Even if most will just stay as your friend (nothing wrong with that), one (or more) might like you.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Shredder565
Mini Geek
Member # 12594

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 25, 2007 18:06      Profile for Shredder565   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh, yeah, it's not the best picture in the world, but I don't have all that many after the gym work [Smile] . The rest all look even more rounder in the waist line, heh. Will have too take another one in the future..

Hopefully without the stiffness look that happens when you try too take your own picture with a camcorder remote [Smile] .

zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted November 25, 2007 18:23      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why not have somebody else take one for you? Or, in the worst case, you can always use a self-timer, most cameras have that feature. Also, you might want to be a bit more clear about the "at least athletic shape" part - are you simply looking for someone who likes to be active, or do you refuse to settle for anybody who happens to be in worse shape than an average olympic figure skater?
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Shredder565
Mini Geek
Member # 12594

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 25, 2007 19:37      Profile for Shredder565   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In this case, a little of both. Carrie Fisher in the SW movies, for instance... Someone who's fit enough too not head too the gym every day, but does so anyway.

--------------------

zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted November 26, 2007 08:00      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carrie Fisher, eh? Princess Leia and a funny topic... The lad is practically asking for it, but I'll try to be a nice guy this time and keep my mouth shut [Razz]
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 26, 2007 08:54      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't fit on many points, so let's get that aside. Instead, let me offer you a bit of feedback from a woman's point of view.

Quite frankly, your post makes you come out somewhat shallow: you admit to losing 30 pounds, but you'll only take a chick who's already fit. And to exclude altogether anyone who have made a mistake in their life (never smoked, never done drugs, no failed marriage; you didn't mentioned, but I'd guess single mothers are excluded too)... I think you may be discarding a lot of great girls (and I don't say that for me: I'm clean on that count).

I also worry your wants are contradictory. I might be wrong, but a woman who likes to workout regularly must have quite a will for herself, and strong-willed women are rarely mellow...

Another thing: in the photo, there are three guys, yet you don't say which one you are. (Unless I've missed something.) Giving a photo of yourself only would help. Either get another one, or crop the one you have so you're the only one on it.

My overall feeling is that you should reassess what are your core-wants, then clearly label the candy-coating. Good luck!

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 26, 2007 09:20      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well you know the big comic fanboys are always getting movie star like tail.....

Hate to cut it to you like this. Your chances on a perfect 30 yr old virgin are slim to none. More than likely, if she is 30 and never gotten any. She probably has enough issues to do a psych study about.

Never smoked, drank, did drugs..... Are you Amish?

And come on seriously, bro. You are not exactly as my girl says "yummy." I am just plain ol' average and damned lucky I have gotten girls that look as good as they do. So unless your wallet weighs more than you do, you should definitely go through that list of wants and reassess.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted November 26, 2007 10:35      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All right, now that the others have given the guy a much-needed beating with a clue-by-four, here's my turn. He was looking for a funny title, so how about this one? "Jabba looking for Leia." Lower your standards (a lot,) or you'll find yourself posting this message till the day you migrate six feet under. Either that, or find a way to get your hands on a Manhattan townhouse and a Ferrari.

PS: Your post is to depressing, you need too lighten up a bit [Wink]

hal9000
Geek
Member # 9896

Icon 1 posted November 26, 2007 10:54      Profile for hal9000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From my point of view you may want to reassess your goals here... sorry for being blunt, but I donít have too much time today to fluff up the answers to sound nice.

I know that their a lots of women out there and some are prudes and some are slutty and a bunch in betweenÖ The one that has been around the block once or twice in my opinion is the better choice.

There is a huge difference between fat and ugly, fat women / men can lose weight.... you canít change ugly... so lose the gym reference.
Physical attraction is nice, but brains are better.

2. I wouldnít state that you have only been on two dates and never got to a third date.....

3. A picture is worth a 1000 words, so think about the background etc. Whatever you do, donít monkey with the picture to cover up a belly etc. that is consider lying, and itís a really bad way to start a relationship.

4. Think deeply about what you want out of the relationship.... for example will this person be someone you want to marry, friends with benefits, or just a dinner date.
You didnít come off with much in the way of a clear goal.

5. Things in common, if youíre looking for a "soul mate" make sure you have lots and lots of things in common,

6. Try to be within the same age bracket, it really helps.

7. 25 to 40 the Big Ben of biological clocks are ringing in womenís ears, so if youíre not ready for that instant family, get your nuts disconnected. Make sure sheís on board with this decision too otherwise you could be out on the street corner.

8. You should try having a nice steak dinner with a bottle of wine, then smoke a good Ashton. Then swing by Amsterdam and get lit for a night or two.

Your body is going to kill you from boredom. Remember you donít get out alive!!! Just live every day like itís the last day and have fun.

If I was to make the choice here, I ideally would look to see if she was previously married, and has had children, I will tell you these women are the best, because they are independent, have learned a lot of lifeís lessons, can cook, are awesome in bed, and a little attention goes along way, simple things make them very happy!
Alot better than high mantanince super fit chicks!

Even though this video is funny, take it to heart. it has allot of good advice hidden in it.
dating

I hope this helps

--------------------
P.E.B.K.A.C. if you can fix this, you can fix anything.

Posts: 183 | From: VA under a bridge living in a van. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Shredder565
Mini Geek
Member # 12594

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 26, 2007 11:41      Profile for Shredder565   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stereo:
I don't fit on many points, so let's get that aside. Instead, let me offer you a bit of feedback from a woman's point of view.

My overall feeling is that you should reassess what are your core-wants, then clearly label the candy-coating. Good luck!

Ouch, leave it alone for a day, and you get lambasted [Smile] . I'll try and explain myself here so it doesn't come off as harsh as it seems..

Picture: I found a slightly better one that I'll change it too..... I'll edit it later to include only me.

Relationship: Well, I come from a family that used too have allot of smokers, and my sisters current boyfriend smokes as well. I just can't stand the smell...so I don't think I'd last very long dating a smoker. As far as drinking, I don't drink at all, but I obviously don't mind someone who does it socially. Binge drinkers, on the other hand might be pushing it [Smile] .

As far as relationships go, as I said if anything worked out, this would be my first serious relationship. I'd like too have someone on equal footing and we figure it out as we go along. I'm obviously not expecting a '30 year old virgin' at this stage, however. I don't think there are that many left [Smile] .

I really do have a great humorous side too me, but I tend too be a bit too blunt on first posts like this. Maybe I'll re-edit that first post in another reply.

stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 26, 2007 11:52      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to have to agree with hal9000 on the part of maybe your ideal woman is someone who has been married and has a kid.

But honestly you don't necessarily need to lower your standards but just change them to fit your age category better.

But like I said before you should try and put yourself in situations where there are women around who you would like to have as a friend. Don't go searching for a wife. Instead go make some female friends and maybe one of them will like you as more then a friend and maybe you will find someone you are looking for through them. Either way you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Shredder565
Mini Geek
Member # 12594

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 26, 2007 12:06      Profile for Shredder565   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hal9000:

There is a huge difference between fat and ugly, fat women / men can lose weight.... you canít change ugly... so lose the gym reference.
Physical attraction is nice, but brains are better.

There are quite a few fat women that I do think look great, obviously. but thin is where it's at for me. Brains are also high on the list. She could be as hot as, I dunno, Pam Anderson but if she's dumb as a rock, nah, heh.

quote:

3. A picture is worth a 1000 words, so think about the background etc. Whatever you do, donít monkey with the picture to cover up a belly etc. that is consider lying, and itís a really bad way to start a relationship.

Definetley not. That's why I'm trying too get one that's a bit more recent. It's not too much of a difference, but I think it's enough too be noticeable.

quote:

4. Think deeply about what you want out of the relationship.... for example will this person be someone you want to marry, friends with benefits, or just a dinner date.
You didnít come off with much in the way of a clear goal.

Eventually, marriage will be in the future. But for now, I'm hoping too just get out there and enjoy the dating life and social scene for a while with someone special.

quote:
6. Try to be within the same age bracket, it really helps.

Agreed. My age range is creeping up, but I think 25-32 would be a safe area.

quote:
7. 25 to 40 the Big Ben of biological clocks are ringing in womenís ears, so if youíre not ready for that instant family, get your nuts disconnected. Make sure sheís on board with this decision too otherwise you could be out on the street corner.

Heh, that's one thing that scares me. I'm starting the dating process a tad late in life, as it wasn't really a big priority back in the college age. Back then I let fate handle it, and since fate didn't work out, I'm trying too get back in the groove. Definetly not looking too be a baby making machine this early into it. A few years of dating at least before any talks of marriage would probably come about.

quote:
Just live every day like itís the last day and have fun.

That's what I've eventually come too the realization of. If you don't take chances, nothing will happen. Playing it safe doesn't always help...

Ahh Mr.Bean.....yep, I did see that Rowan Atkinson skit a fe years back. I wish they had done one on 'how too get that first date' rather than the actual date itself [Wink] .

--------------------

Shredder565
Mini Geek
Member # 12594

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 26, 2007 12:12      Profile for Shredder565   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stevenback7:
I'm going to have to agree with hal9000 on the part of maybe your ideal woman is someone who has been married and has a kid.

But honestly you don't necessarily need to lower your standards but just change them to fit your age category better.

But like I said before you should try and put yourself in situations where there are women around who you would like to have as a friend. Don't go searching for a wife. Instead go make some female friends and maybe one of them will like you as more then a friend and maybe you will find someone you are looking for through them. Either way you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

I had quite a few female friends in highschool. We tend too chat on Myspace even too this day, but obviously they are too busy with their own life too want too want too hang out anywhere. Most of my other friends tend too be married, or engaged.

There is one good opportunity for friend making coming up, though. I may have two weddings too attend too next year with lots of people too chat up. One of them is a tad close too another May event, but easily fixed.

--------------------

Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 26, 2007 12:57      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to see you have a sense of humour, Shredder.

My comment about "no mistakes allowed" was from your "must not in the past ..." - what if the girl had taken on smoking as a teen (to lose weight, to fit with the cool kids, family habit or whatever), then decided it's bad for her, and put much effort into kicking out the habit? Same could happen for alcool and drugs. Errors of the past, wisdom for the future, I say! Plus, many say that ex-smokers are the most anti-smoking crowd (although there are dissenting voices about that).

And if you like athletic gals because that's how your hormones reacts, then going to the gym might just be the place to find a date. Warning: don't flirt right away. I've started exercising this summer, and I would be creeped out if someone, no matter how good looking, would just start flirting with me out of the blue. On the other hand, there's this nice guy working at the gym, who always salutes me by name with a great smile... (Well, it seems to be the business' practice to always greet you when you come in, but he also did a couple of times on the floor, even though he was talking with someone else.)

So here's an example of what could work: do some light first approaches - ask if she's done with the machine, "accidentally" cross her way (and apologise), then just let slip a "we seem to run into each other pretty often". Don't forget to smile! Then for a few more times, just smile at her when you meet. This allows you to avoid the "creepy guy" label. Only when she starts smiling at you when she sees you can you go the next step: "hey, I always wondered (insert question/comment about training/fitness)". And you have gotten yourself a chatting buddy. Then, you get to know her more, and see if you want to ask her to meet you for some activity - could be as easy as "hey, I love doing (team/competitive sport), but none of my friends (are into that/have time/whatever excuse). Would you like to do some with me? You could bring some friends too!" Then hang out with her friends, and later move on to a face-to-face outing. Yep, that's a lot of work, but you probably already know that it takes efforts to get results! (Plus, if she happens to be taken, she could have friends who aren't, and having someone doing the introduction would speed up the process.)

Best of luck in your quest!

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
hal9000
Geek
Member # 9896

Icon 1 posted November 26, 2007 13:08      Profile for hal9000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow done with the meetings... snore fest.... anyways It wasnít my intent to be harsh, rather I just wanted to point out some things that I had to figure out already.

Humor goes along way, I am sure youíre going to meet allot of women along the way, some prudes, some slutty, some smoke, some drink.

Friends is a great start and is the best way to find a gal you like.
The ones you donít like well just block their email [crazy]

From what I have read here your seem to have your act together, and can at least hold a conversation (better that me).
When meeting that gal, just remind yourself the worst thing she can say is ďNoĒ. Then you say "NEXT!!"

I donít think you will have a problem meeting people you seem to have a pretty good attitude even with all the criticisms you got here.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that everyone that has posted to this, in their own way just wants to see you succeed and be happy! [Applause]

--------------------

Posts: 183 | From: VA under a bridge living in a van. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Shredder565
Mini Geek
Member # 12594

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 26, 2007 13:16      Profile for Shredder565   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heya,

Does that approach work allot? Too me, it just seems like something you'd see in some bad 80's romance movie or something. Or it comes off as so obvious she knows what it is and will ignore it [Smile] .

I've tried chatting people up at the gym before. Most of the time, they are just too busy listening too music and don't want too be bothered. The rest of the time they are too busy helping someone out if they are a trainer. I've tried chatting up both guys and gals in friendly conversation, and most of the time I only get a hi back as they head off to their next duty..

As you said, the clerks being nice is obviously part of the job description...but I did have one pretty decent conversation with a lady at the protein shake area serving drinks. Have not seen her around lately, though heh.

When I get home from work, will do a re-write on the first post. But hows this for an engaging topic? 'Titantic looks for Iceburg....' Perhaps not as funny as the Jabba one posted earlier [Smile] ...

--------------------

hal9000
Geek
Member # 9896

Icon 1 posted November 26, 2007 13:32      Profile for hal9000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
'Titantic looks for Iceburg....
hmmm, a bit depressing. how about something soothing like "A stepping stone to your patio"
or "i want to be the Amp to your Ohm"
oooh "check out my Lightsaber"
oh boy... "may the swartz be with you"

Ok their all bad. i give up. LOL

--------------------

zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted November 26, 2007 17:11      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
'Titantic looks for Iceburg....
hmmm, a bit depressing. how about something soothing like "A stepping stone to your patio"
or "i want to be the Amp to your Ohm"
oooh "check out my Lightsaber"
oh boy... "may the swartz be with you"

Ok their all bad. i give up. LOL

better yet, "may my schwartz be in you" [evil]
Shredder565
Mini Geek
Member # 12594

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 27, 2007 07:32      Profile for Shredder565   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I originally went searching for geeky dating sites, I found a five year old thread and registered here.

It mentiond that allot of you had found luck on OK cupid, so I decided too start up a profile there before registering. Here's the re-worked version of my first post above [Smile] .

http://www.okcupid.com/profile?u=YouTubeGuy

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted November 27, 2007 11:34      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First bit of advice: stop typing "too" when you mean "to"

Seriously... it makes your profile look less appealing to anyone who spots it. It's one thing to make a few mistakes while posting to a forum like this. The same mistakes on something you are supposed to have spent time on makes you look either sloppy or uneducated, which is the last thing you want to do.

Second bit of advice: Take a good look at what you want in a woman, then date some women who don't fit that description at all. Be honest with them about the fact that you're just dating casually and not looking for anything other than pleasant company for the evening. You'll be a lot less shy and self-conscious with someone you aren't trying to impress and you can have fun. Later, when you do find a woman you like, you'll be used to dating and more able to present yourself as someone she would actually want to go out with.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted December 02, 2007 18:52      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMFG, this is exactly what you're looking for.
Shredder565
Mini Geek
Member # 12594

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 02, 2007 19:09      Profile for Shredder565   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps, but she does not like fat folk [Smile] . Besides, I wouldn't trust Craig's List as far as I could throw it..

--------------------

Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 02, 2007 19:19      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I also worry your wants are contradictory. I might be wrong, but a woman who likes to workout regularly must have quite a will for herself, and strong-willed women are rarely mellow...

I'm strong-willed but pretty mellow. I have my buttons but I very rarely allow them to be pushed. Or maybe people are just afraid to push my buttons because they think I'll deck them (I'm not sure why - I've never actually done that to anyone, but there's no accounting for imagination).

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted December 02, 2007 19:27      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
quote:

I'm strong-willed but pretty mellow. I have my buttons but I very rarely allow them to be pushed. Or maybe people are just afraid to push my buttons because they think I'll deck them (I'm not sure why - I've never actually done that to anyone, but there's no accounting for imagination).
People are simply afraid that you're going to use your evil black belt magic to smash them headfirst into a brick wall and decapitate them with a swift kick to the neck. [Smile]

Shredder: It's much easier for a chubby guy to lose weight and gain muscle mass than for a skinny guy to gain muscle mass. And contrary to popular belief, chicks really do dig short muscular guys.

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture