homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Looking for Love   » GeekHarmony (dot) com (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: GeekHarmony (dot) com
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 14 posted May 16, 2007 18:34      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, so far I count 4 women and 8 guys. I can't wait to see you
juggle this one Jess. [Big Grin]

Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted May 16, 2007 19:48      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not really juggling as much as consolidating. About every two or three weeks, someone complains there's no one around. This thread is so that a person can look and make friends or try something more.

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 3 posted May 26, 2007 13:39      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe Snaggy or Nitro can sticky it.
Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted May 27, 2007 05:39      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why the hell not. This could be interesting.

Handle:Jace Raven

Kids: ABSOLUTELY! Perhaps in a couple years.

Residence: Currently in the Middle East. Will be on the East Coast (US) next year some time and shortly there after I'll be going back to San Diego for a couple years. LDR's are inevitable in my profession.

Interests/Hobbies: I'm an adrenaline junkie. I love snow boarding, rock climbing, hiking and camping. The outdoors is where I belong. I'm into computers pretty heavily as it is my occupation, I love to work out and I love take pictures. I've done a lot of fighting in the past which only led to injury, though fun, and I've found myself getting in a lot of wrench time on my car, when I'm around it. I'm a writer but mostly I write for me and I'm a thinker but my thoughts usually get me in trouble.

Seeking: Happiness, Companionship, Loyalty... but mostly a woman who would be willing to share these with me.

Quirks: :-D Get to know me to find out. Some would say they know themselves and others will say they know you better.

Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 27, 2007 09:45      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just interesting in seeing what Jess can do with this. [Razz]
Not to say that I'd decline anyone interested...

GC Handle: Astronomer Jedi (MSN - captain_croker[at]hotmail(dot)com )

Occupation: Accounts Clerk, Family Technical Support Guru, Failed Student Physicist

Kids: Yes, one or two, once I have a good, long-term full time job.

Area of the World you Live (and if you could stand an LDR): Perth, Western Australia; I'd certainly give it a go

Interests and Hobbies: Sci-Fi, Gaming, Science, Computers, Reading, Physics, Astronomy, Movies, Hockey, Australian Rules Football, Rugby Union, I'm sure there are more that people can find out about.

Looking for: A woman, the only real prerequisite is a sense of humour. Friends are welcome too.

Something quirky: I spout geeky quotes at random, particularly Star Wars and Star Trek. Since growing a goatee I also, to my own annoyance, play with the hair of my soul spot with my teeth. Yeah, it's weird I know. I'm sure I have plenty of other quirks too. "Assimilate this!" [Wink]

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 27, 2007 10:04      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Just_Jess already mentioned this is more consolidation. A place to put the random "How do I meet people like me?" types of posts.

Now go and peruse the selection males and females and make a friend people.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted May 27, 2007 17:49      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CommanderShroom:
I think Just_Jess already mentioned this is more consolidation. A place to put the random "How do I meet people like me?" types of posts.

Now go and peruse the selection males and females and make a friend people.

Exactamente.

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 27, 2007 18:19      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure, I'll even put mine in here:

GC Handle: WinterSolstice

Occupation Dev/DBA/SysAdm

Kids: Got'em, thanks. Available for rent!

Area of the world you live in (and LDR OK): Orange County, Ca. Sure, but LDRs are hard to cycle with [Smile]

Interests & Hobbies Cycling, running, rock climbing, drumming, programming, art, literature, Xbox 360.

Looking for: Friends, cycling buddies, climbing buddies, people to hang out and play with on Xbox Live, etc.

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jessycat

Member # 1171

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 27, 2007 19:54      Profile for Jessycat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GC Handle: Jessycat

Occupation Theatrical Wardrobe

Kids: Someday!

Area of the world you live in: NYC, NY
(and LDR OK): No (except friends of course)

Interests & Hobbies hmmm... reading, crosswords, taking walks, rummage sales, cooking (in my teeny tiny kitchen), acting silly

Looking for: Not sure, really. Friends, always. I'm sort of in a relationship, but it's not serious for either of us. I don't think. Like I said, I'm not sure.
[Confused] [Smile]

Quirks: Damned if I know. In my opinion, I'm perfectly normal. [Wink]

Posts: 490 | From: NYC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 16:56      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, any hook ups, yet? [Smile]
Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 07:06      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't heard anything . . . which could be good or bad.

My advice right now? Don't sit waiting for someone. PM a person or two or three. At worst, people can do the regular friend-email thing.

Also, if you get PMed? Don't reject the person just because they're not who you wanted to PM you. If you want a particular person to notice you, freaking PM them, already.

Erm, no, it's not a schmoopy 29 dimensions of jolly-jolly happy guy speech, but I'm not feeling particularly emo. [Wink]

--------------------

Lost1soul
Geek-in-Training
Member # 8387

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 20:37      Profile for Lost1soul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not really sure if I'm looking but if nothing else, I can always use more friends!

GC Handle (for PMing): Lost1Soul
Interested in Having Kids (and when in your life, if yes): well, I have one already but I do want more eventually (you know, when I'm married and have money and stuff)
Area of the World you Live (and if you could stand an LDR): Hampton Roads, Virginia
Interests and Hobbies: movies, music, singing, cooking, mild geekiness, theatre
Looking for (man/woman): a man.....wait........no, definitely a man

And something quirky about you that's cute interesting or funny:
I don't really quite know what to say............I'm loud. Does that count?

Posts: 33 | From: Hampton Roads, Virginia | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 21:10      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Lost1Soul. [Smile] Your name makes me sad though. Welcome to GC. There's an introduction forum where you can introduce yourself officially, if you're so inclined. If not, just keep posting. Glad you found us. Time will tell if you feel the same. [Big Grin]
AntonTakk
Mini Geek
Member # 4686

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 21:11      Profile for AntonTakk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh why not...

GC Handle (for PMing): AntonTakk
Interested in Having Kids (and when in your life, if yes): probably, when i/we are ready
Area of the World you Live (and if you could stand an LDR): Denver, Co.
Interests and Hobbies: computers, cars, reading, music, movies, electronics, robotics, video games, peace and quiet
Looking for (man/woman): woman

Well, I haven't done this in a while now, but when i was younger i would make electro magnets out of a nail and what ever lengths of wire i could scrape togather. the two i remember ended up being about two inches in diameter and worked when pluged directly in to the wall socket (everything else on that circuit didn't work so well thou). and they worked, i never found out how long they would last as the smoke from the melting insulation always stung my eyes, nose, and throat.

--------------------
`My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair!' - Percy Bysshe Shelley

Posts: 83 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 21:19      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AntonTakk:

Well, I haven't done this in a while now, but when i was younger i would make electro magnets out of a nail and what ever lengths of wire i could scrape togather. the two i remember ended up being about two inches in diameter and worked when pluged directly in to the wall socket (everything else on that circuit didn't work so well thou). and they worked, i never found out how long they would last as the smoke from the melting insulation always stung my eyes, nose, and throat.

^^^ This is why I love geeks.
[Big Grin]

nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2007 09:24      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AntonTakk:

Yay for inductive reactance!

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2007 09:45      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jessycat:

That could get really intersting... [evil]
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 07, 2007 14:22      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jace Raven:
quote:

Jace only joined the marines because he likes to play dress-ups. [Wink]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lost1soul
Geek-in-Training
Member # 8387

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 08, 2007 17:54      Profile for Lost1soul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by boo:
Hi Lost1Soul. [Smile] Your name makes me sad though. Welcome to GC. There's an introduction forum where you can introduce yourself officially, if you're so inclined. If not, just keep posting. Glad you found us. Time will tell if you feel the same. [Big Grin]

Well, thank you Boo. I haven't quite decided yet.......but I'm a geek lover at heart so I should like it just fine.
[Big Grin]

Posts: 33 | From: Hampton Roads, Virginia | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2007 21:48      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
quote:
quote:

HEY! What happens in my room stays in my room!
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 08, 2007 22:28      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Then you should remember to turn off your webcam

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Ste
Geek Larva
Member # 8907

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 09, 2007 16:18      Profile for The Ste     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GC Handle (for PMing):The Ste
Interested in Having Kids (and when in your life, if yes):Yes and perhaps now if the right lady was stupid enough to agree!
Area of the World you Live (and if you could stand an LDR):Dublin, Ireland
Interests and Hobbies:Soccer, the craic, Soccer, computers, soccer, beer, soccer, ladies and erm..soccer. (bet u didn't see that coming
Looking for (man/woman):Lady

Fun peeps only pm or reply!

Posts: 23 | From: dublin | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 09, 2007 18:24      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ste, you mentioned soccer five times and women, only once.

Course, there's that cute Irish accent to consider ... [Big Grin]

Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted June 09, 2007 20:40      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Then you should remember to turn off your webcam
I debated clicking on that link but in the end I'm glad it didn't resolve.
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 10, 2007 03:40      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I kind of want to register that.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture