homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Looking for Love   » Where is the Love? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Where is the Love?
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2006 17:24      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 20, 2006 07:17      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So Jace. When you guys finish the "Simon says, 'Touch your toes game'" do you go right to Musical Chairs with those pretty orange items? [Razz]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 20, 2006 07:22      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jace Raven:
So you like safety equiptment?

Okay:

-

That's got to be worth a caption competition... On a side note, I'm wondering why the guy outside the box is carrying what appears to be a riding crop [Wink]
Posts: 1143 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 20, 2006 07:45      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stibbons:
That's got to be worth a caption competition...

Here's my entry: "Faster! faster! You have to BURY your head in the sand!"

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 20, 2006 07:48      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stibbons:
On a side note, I'm wondering why the guy outside the box is carrying what appears to be a riding crop [Wink]

I'm pretty sure they call it a ramrod and it's intended to help any slow-movers to straighten up from their present posture.

Caption suggestions:

Is that a real dime?

-or-

I saw it first!

-or-

Anyone gotta match?

--------------------

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted December 20, 2006 08:47      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I looks like a cattle prod to me. [Eek!]

And a caption:

"We're not worthy! We're not worthy!"

Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted December 20, 2006 08:53            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like an antenna, but it reminds me of Boba Fett ...
IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 20, 2006 09:19      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More caption suggestions:

"Now there's somethin' you don't see everyday."

-or-

"He's mine - I saw him first."

-or-

"Hemorroid Inspection!"

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 20, 2006 11:47      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Now kiss your ass goodbye..."

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted December 20, 2006 11:52      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Based on where the lads in the backround seem to be staring, I'd say "don't ask, don't tell" should be a pretty good caption [evil]
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 20, 2006 18:26      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"You dudes are SO hot!"

-or-

"Bitchin' camos, dudes."

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted December 20, 2006 18:31      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Due to budget cuts, we can't afford tear gas for training... but we did serve bean burritos for lunch earlier."

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
never_ask_why333
Geek
Member # 6340

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2006 00:29      Profile for never_ask_why333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
"Due to budget cuts, we can't afford tear gas for training... but we did serve bean burritos for lunch earlier."

this one, and GG's "Hemorroid Inspection!" are the best. [Smile]

--------------------
I haven't forgotten
and I won't forget
I just haven't gotten
around to it yet

You can call me Eternity :)

freja42
Mini Geek
Member # 6685

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 26, 2006 16:15      Profile for freja42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Okay:

-

That's MOPP 4. Nuclear, Biological, Chemical protection suit.

This image is just giving me kinky vibes for some reason.
I mean, really!

Posts: 93 | From: Sweden | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
freja42
Mini Geek
Member # 6685

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 26, 2006 16:16      Profile for freja42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zesovietrussian:
Based on where the lads in the backround seem to be staring, I'd say "don't ask, don't tell" should be a pretty good caption [evil]

My thoughts exactly! [Big Grin] GMTA...
Posts: 93 | From: Sweden | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
The real Stealth
Geek
Member # 4615

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 31, 2006 16:50      Profile for The real Stealth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If only I had a picture of when I helped insulate a roof... I was the Nebraskan Puff Ball... in August... I had an old respirator cause my boss had not gotten the new ones yet and then I got to crawl in and blow cellulose into the roof... This was for the art building at my old school. (long story) But guess how bad I looked with 1/4 inch of cellulose stuck to my entire body... I had to take 2 showers after dinner.

--------------------
The one and only "§†eal†h the Fallen One"...Between Your life And mine are Three realities, Yours, The real one, and Mine. They they form a bridge shapped in the letters D-O-_-N-O-T-_-C-R-O-S-S.

Posts: 141 | From: Battle Creek, MI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Emcha
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 6989

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 25, 2007 13:27      Profile for Emcha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Okay:

-

That's MOPP 4. Nuclear, Biological, Chemical protection suit.

Nowadays we call them Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (CBRN) protection suits.

--------------------
"An amateur thinks it's really funny if you dress a man up as an old lady, put him in a wheelchair, and give the wheelchair a push that sends it spinning down a slope towards a stone wall. For a pro, it's got to be a real old lady."-Groucho Marx

Posts: 4 | From: Port Jervis, NY | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 25, 2007 19:57      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did the guy in front tell them to grab their ankles, or was that the guys in back? (Hope that wasn't too blue.)

--------------------
"As in repeating a well-known song, so in instincts, one action follows another by a sort of rhythm; if a person be interrupted in a song, or in repeating anything by rote, he is generally forced to go back to recover the habitual train of thought..." (Darwin, The Origin of Species)

Posts: 540 | From: Vernal, UT | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 25, 2007 21:37      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An organized cluster-fsck...isn't that an oxymoron?

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 28, 2007 13:01      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I was far from too blue. I just looked at some of the other responses to that picture. I'm just trying to get a feel for what the community standards are in the Geek Culture Forum so that I can refrain from being offensive when I don't want to be. I mean, I like being offensive, but not so much on accident. So, what are the rest of you wearing... I've got the top button of my shirt unfastened... (That's the ScholasticSpastic equivalent of nudism.) [blush]

--------------------
"As in repeating a well-known song, so in instincts, one action follows another by a sort of rhythm; if a person be interrupted in a song, or in repeating anything by rote, he is generally forced to go back to recover the habitual train of thought..." (Darwin, The Origin of Species)

Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 28, 2007 15:34      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my, do you have a lot to learn...

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 28, 2007 15:59      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes me does. His am only just a Sophomore being. Much B.S. to get before my pH D. [crazy]

--------------------

Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 29, 2007 11:55      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was referring to GC. [Razz]

--------------------
- The Decemberists

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture