homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Looking for Love   » Geek Woman Wanted

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Geek Woman Wanted
Maggs
Geek
Member # 4682

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2006 16:43      Profile for Maggs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know of places inside New York City, where one can find a geek woman? I've tried eHarmony, and a lot of the matches are straight down my alley, but it takes too long for some of them to respond.

Any suggestions? I wouldn't mind someone who has a Phd even, that's fine with me. Fact if you are smarter than me that's better, always something new and interesting to learn.

Thanks everyone.

Posts: 193 | From: NYC | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2006 17:23      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You haven't looked at craigslist? I doubt you're /really/ going to find a geek girl there...but make a posting and maybe one will click it!

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Maggs
Geek
Member # 4682

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2006 17:33      Profile for Maggs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been to Craigslist, hmmm. I'll try again. But how does one word a posting to weed out the crazy people.

I had luck there before, really GOOD luck. But I ended up screwing it up. Never hurts to take another shot though, just not MMRs [Wink]

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2006 19:59      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one ever said she's a geek...but:
http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/w4m/190605612.html

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2006 00:06            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 06, 2006 00:19      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*phwoar*!

--------------------

HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2006 16:43      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$10,000 dollars!

Forget it! I'll just get a 4th feline and finally cross the line to, 'crazy cat guy'.

Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Maggs
Geek
Member # 4682

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 06, 2006 18:02      Profile for Maggs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That Craigslist posting is gone.
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2006 18:44      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Give OKCupid a whirl. I've met a bunch of friends and one most righteous significant other on there, the "matching algorithm" is pretty accurate, and the tests that they run you through to determine your personality type are actually fun.

Also, there's tons of geeks on it, at least in my area. Lots more than on, say, Match.

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture