homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Looking for Love   » Meeting geek girls in NYC

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Meeting geek girls in NYC
Maggs
Geek
Member # 4682

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2006 19:10      Profile for Maggs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey does anyone know of a good place to meet geek girls in NYC.

I'm planing an outing for Sunday. I have the day off so I might as well have some fun, and meet some interesting people.

Any suggestions?

Posts: 193 | From: NYC | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2006 21:07      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if you do find such a place, let me know!!!111!!!! one-ity-one-one!!!!

[Wink] [Big Grin] [Razz]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted April 15, 2006 02:39      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dman - what, you didn't suggest Carmine's to him?

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 15, 2006 09:59      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FireSnake:

Superfans only location. [Wink]

Besides, I 'met' geek girls there....but none of them would have been there but for proper m00tage. Did you really see any geek girls there that weren't at our table?

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted April 15, 2006 12:02      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
quote:

Superfans only location. [Wink]

Besides, I 'met' geek girls there....but none of them would have been there but for proper m00tage. Did you really see any geek girls there that weren't at our table?

Well.. we did have 3, though. And it was a big restaurant, there might have been more...

--------------------

drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 15, 2006 15:50      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
naked + beer.

That is all.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2006 12:23      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any coffee shop in Williamsburg area should do the trick, as long as you're into artsy hipster types.
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 16, 2006 14:53      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zesovietrussian:
Any coffee shop in Williamsburg area should do the trick, as long as you're into artsy hipster types.

You're right...but that's not NY proper. SoHo ought to be alright for those purposes...except you might get some unwanted attention as well. [Wink]

--------------------

Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 16, 2006 15:05      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brooklyn isn't part of NY?

I know some people who might want to discuss that with you. In detail.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 16, 2006 15:12      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:

You know what I mean. [Smile]

I'd happily take the debate up with one person you might be thinking of...but she's not in Bklyn anymore... :-/

--------------------

zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2006 16:12      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:

You know what I mean. [Smile]

I'd happily take the debate up with one person you might be thinking of...but she's not in Bklyn anymore... :-/

Xanthine, are you trying to pimp thecancercuringpartyanimal to poor dman? It won't work out - as you no doubt would know, she prefers fat balding future MDs [Smile]
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 16, 2006 16:24      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think dman is referring to my sister, who once lived in Williamsburg but now lives in Seattle.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2006 16:47      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your sis was a hipster? Aw, how cute!
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 16, 2006 17:02      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh. No. You met her around graduation time at the UR, fool. She didn't like the hipsters because they were driving the rent up.

She was a student at NYU, and she found a cheap place to live in Williamsburg. Kind of on the fringes of it. She lived next door to a Penecostal church. They were very loud on Sundays.

--------------------
- The Decemberists

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 16, 2006 17:08      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sisthine a hipster? ROFLMAO!

--------------------

zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2006 17:22      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Xanthine: oh yeah, I remember now. Didn't she also think I was an ass? [Smile]

Feels like it happened about a million years ago...

Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 16, 2006 17:47      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you are an ass... [Smile]

Only joking - as I am sure you are aware...

?8=8P

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2006 17:49      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why thank you very much, Mr Obvious [Smile]
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 16, 2006 17:50      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bugger you not only beat me to the edit but my silly "emoticon" came out all wrong too...

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2006 19:07      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try the NYC 2600 meeting.

--------------------

Maggs
Geek
Member # 4682

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted April 19, 2006 16:44      Profile for Maggs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 2600 Meeting... You mean hackers' expo [Wink]

I think they'd throw me right out on my ASCII [Wink]

It's the 1st Friday of every month.

Posts: 193 | From: NYC | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted April 19, 2006 19:56      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They take everyone, And they have at least one girl.

--------------------

drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 20, 2006 06:53      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Try the NYC 2600 meeting.

But that's not for another 594 years!

</bad-joke>

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture