homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Looking for Love   » Sexual orientation (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: Sexual orientation
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 06, 2006 19:32      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
As for me, I'm 99% sure I'm straight. However, I have been attracted to a guy as of late, so now it's got me wondering. Ah well...

Whoa! That's news! And you were going to tell me this when?! [Frown]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2006 20:52      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
csk: The good news is it doubles you chance of getting laid....now if you are really open minded there is a whole animal kingdom [Wink]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 06, 2006 22:33      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
quote:
As for me, I'm 99% sure I'm straight. However, I have been attracted to a guy as of late, so now it's got me wondering. Ah well...

Only a fairly mild level of attraction, by comparison to others. And I don't think I'll pursue anything, but it just exists, that's all...

And it greater than doubles your chances, since understanding males as a male is much easier than understanding females [Razz]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2006 23:01      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
quote:

Only a fairly mild level of attraction, by comparison to others. And I don't think I'll pursue anything, but it just exists, that's all...

And it greater than doubles your chances, since understanding males as a male is much easier than understanding females [Razz]

That's because it's actually possible to understand males.

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

jordanv
Assimilated
Member # 3189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2006 00:15      Profile for jordanv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
csk: The good news is it doubles you chance of getting laid....now if you are really open minded there is a whole animal kingdom [Wink]

Why stop at the Animal Kingdom? What about Minerals?
Posts: 364 | From: a house (in Sydney) | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
fanboy_uk

Member # 2132

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2006 01:08      Profile for fanboy_uk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since we are on the subject, there is of course the third of the triumverate... Animal, mineral and vegetable.
There's nothing wrong with a good root vegetable.

But to the original subject for my own part I'm happily married with kid number two on the way; but I've had interesting thoughts about what it would be like to have a gay relationship. I even went so far as snogging a guy once, just see what it was like.

Some of my closest friends (male and female) are gay, bi or have had gay relationships.

--------------------
A woman walked into a cocktail bar, took one look at the drinks menu and asked the barman for a Double Entendré.
So he gave her one

Posts: 161 | From: Brighton, UK (50.8389, -00.1876) | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2006 02:50      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fanboy_uk:
There's nothing wrong with a good root vegetable.

"There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne se quoi - oh so very special about a firm young carrot." - Uncle Monty

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2006 05:12      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About a year and a half ago, one of my best friends came out as being bisexual. Since then, he has exclusively gone out with or pursued guys. Once in a blue moon he will say that one girl or another is pretty, but that's about it. Bearing this in mind, I asked him if he was actually gay or bi. He told me that he is 90% into guys, 10% into girls, so he figured he may as well just say he was bi, but, to be honest, he couldn't be bothered to work out an exact position, just to satisfy the curiosity of other people.

Since then, I've maintained the same thing. Does it even matter what label you put on yourself? By my friend's own standards, he is bi; by someone else's standards, he might be considered gay. I call myself straight because, to me, the distinction lies in whether you could form a romantic attraction to a member of the same sex or not, regardless of sexual attraction or even experimentation. So, even if I did find myself attracted to a woman one day, I would still say I was completely straight, unless I wanted to be in a relationship with her. But of course, someone else might say I was bisexual or lesbian if I even entertained the idea.

But then, I'm currently in the middle of writing a dissertation on fluctuating gender roles and the "artificially assigned" categories of 'masculine' and 'feminine', so you might not want to listen to a word I say [Wink]

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2006 06:52      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only true way to know your orientation is to make love on a float in a pool. Most people end up aligning north-south, but some go east-west. A mismatched couple can end up spinning like a motor.
Posts: 2901 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2006 07:37      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
Well , aren't we a mature group. It seems every post after the original, contained a joke. Maybe we should change the forums name from "geek culture" to "adolescent teenage boy jokes". That is unless someone can post a non-joke in this thread.

Looky here sonny boy, I have boils on my ass older than you, and given that you've been here, what, oh 5 minutes, I seriously doubt you are gonna make any hay by telling us what we should think is appropriate.

I can see from your *yawn* blog that you are an American in Europe. Do you prance around over there telling everyone has things should be done.....like they are back home? I bet that makes you popular, doesn't it? Hear all that snickering behind your back? Well it is for good reason.

GC was just fine waaaaay before you blessed us with your presence/attitude and it will be just fine long after you are gone.

Simple solution: You don't like it, there is the door.

Oh you have me all wrong. I don't mind the jokes and even posted one myself. I was just making the comment that up until the time I posted noone seemed to be able to duscuss this topic with out joking. A sign of immaturity.

And as for your comments about me being an "Ugly American" in the William Lederer sence of the word you couldn't be further from the truth. And If you domn't get the reference its because the reference comes from a really thick book.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2006 08:07      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
...yatta yatta... blah blah... I was just making the comment that up until the time I posted noone seemed to be able to duscuss this topic with out joking. A sign of immaturity.

And what, an inability to type isn't? Listen, pal - we don't take kindly to strangers showing up just to slag everyone off. Good idea that, insulting the entire thread - good move, Junior. Just who the f*ck are you - King Shit floatin' down Piss River? Why don't you just unhitch yer pony there, and mosey on outta town - yer startin' to stink the place up some.

--------------------

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2006 08:59      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If you domn't get the reference its because the reference comes from a really thick book.

Thick as in: 'your skull' or as in: 'the calluses on your mothers inner thighs'?

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Thorned0Fortress
Geek
Member # 4435

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2006 10:13      Profile for Thorned0Fortress   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jordanv:
quote:

Why stop at the Animal Kingdom? What about Minerals?
wtF is this about doing minerasl ?!
Posts: 235 | From: texas | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2006 10:18      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And why have we not included fruit yet?

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2006 10:18      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't you know he is the very model of a modern Major General?

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2006 10:25      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mac D:

Don't you know all fruits are gay?

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2006 11:21      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

So the girl on the chiquita label is really a dude in drag?

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2006 12:40      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

I think the idea is that she would be more interested in the Sun-Maid Raisins girl than the Jolly Green Giant.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2006 13:31      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sxeptomaniac:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I think the idea is that she would be more interested in the Sun-Maid Raisins girl than the Jolly Green Giant.
Have you seen his little green sprout?

-

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2006 13:45      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
quote:
...yatta yatta... blah blah... I was just making the comment that up until the time I posted noone seemed to be able to duscuss this topic with out joking. A sign of immaturity.

And what, an inability to type isn't? Listen, pal - we don't take kindly to strangers showing up just to slag everyone off. Good idea that, insulting the entire thread - good move, Junior. Just who the f*ck are you - King Shit floatin' down Piss River? Why don't you just unhitch yer pony there, and mosey on outta town - yer startin' to stink the place up some.
Oh, I’m not here to insult people, post flamebait, or slag (??) people off. I was just interested in some actuall discussion . I wasn’t insulting the entire thread. Just making on an observation about the quality of a few posts. (Those from you, vic, and DNM, at the beginning of this thread.) Speaking of which, I seem to have hit close to home with the word maturity. I,m sorry. You show your quality in all your posts. I guess I’m here because I liked how many of the people here think and what they post. I’m sorry to bring my unwanted views to “your” geek culture site.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2006 14:18      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you met uilleann?

You'd get along famously; no personality or sense of humour. Dislike of people, a desperate need to flaunt all of your greatness and intelligence *snicker*

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2006 14:36      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a better idea - why don't we all have a big hug? There we go. That's better. C'mon - you too, girls. Get nice 'n' close... don't be scared, now - it's just a hug... that's right - don't be shy... don't mind that... uhhhh... oh yeah... uhh... there we go... keep still fer a second, will ya? Oh, yeah... that's it right there... mmmm...

--------------------

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2006 14:58      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
D'ya have any liquor.....ya know...to loosen me up wif?

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Colonel Panic
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2006 15:24      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My former wife and I had female friends with your interests, we preferred to call these ladies, "Very close friends."

And yes, sometimes, "Lovers."

CP

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2006 16:01      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cap'n Vic and Spungo

You are both well respected here by everyone, myself included. I aso like the fact that no discussion here, however serious is immune from smutty jokes and off topic idiocy, but I am more than a little surprised (and rather disappointed) at your absurdly aggressive and completely over the top reaction to one slightly ironic comment. I can't say that I have noticed this poster being snippy or hypercritical in other threads. Maybe I have missed something, but if I haven't I think you now owe him an apology. I would remind you that our esteemed leaders have asked us to play nicely.

Last thought - perhaps he did hit a nerve, maybe you both do need to grow up.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture