homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Looking for Love   » Sexual orientation (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: Sexual orientation
Thorned0Fortress
Geek
Member # 4435

Icon 1 posted April 05, 2006 16:53      Profile for Thorned0Fortress   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to let everyone know that I like Females *almost as much as males. I do not put myself into a catagory such as "curious" or "bi" and I sure as hell am not "straight-gay"( VERY gay). Could I be considered a lesbian?

Anyways, I wanted to post this so everyone can say what they think on this subject. If you wanna come out, support gay marriages, or hate .... here's the time to let it out.

BTW any um.... girls-that-like-other-girls on here? lol It would be so cool to talk about my "internet GIRLfriend!"

Posts: 235 | From: texas | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted April 05, 2006 20:37      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not a girl but I've played one on the internet before [Wink]

Oh, and BTW:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/longspanner/images/your_all_gay.jpg

{edit to add: thx for fixing my link Snag)

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted April 05, 2006 22:12      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

lol Cap'n [Big Grin]

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 06, 2006 02:11      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a bisexual transvestite lesbian trapped in a man's body... but actually it's more complicated than that.

/Izzard

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 06, 2006 02:58      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thorned0Fortress may I ask a personal question? I notice from your Xanga profile that you are 105 years old. Would you say that your flexible attitude to sexuality has helped you keep your youthful good looks? [Smile]

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 06, 2006 07:43      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's nothing wrong with it.

As long as I can watch.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 06, 2006 07:50      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think to be considered a lesbian you have to seek romantic relationships exclusivly with women. If you seek romantic relationships with men and women that makes you bisexual. Of my gay friends (all of them men), they all had an experimental phase where they explored taking relationships with other men farther. I think to be "gay" you have to have beyond this phase, realized who you are , and be seekingor having a relationship with the same sex. If you are not there yet, you are not gay.

Though if you are at this point, you are welcome to explain in detial your romanitc relationships with other girls.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ugurcan

Member # 4746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 06, 2006 08:07      Profile for Ugurcan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pubic hair on keyboard?!?! [Eek!]

I found some nasty things in my keyboard, but that goes beyond my imagination. One wonders how it did get in there..

--------------------
"Constants aren't, Variables won't..."

Posts: 219 | From: Under a 110 ft satellite dish... | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 06, 2006 08:38      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
I think to be considered a lesbian you have to seek romantic relationships exclusivly with women. If you seek romantic relationships with men and women that makes you bisexual. Of my gay friends (all of them men), they all had an experimental phase where they explored taking relationships with other men farther. I think to be "gay" you have to have beyond this phase, realized who you are , and be seekingor having a relationship with the same sex. If you are not there yet, you are not gay.

If you're male and you put a penis in your mouth, butt, or hand, (aside from your own), or kiss a guy. You're gay.

Period.

End of case.

I'm sorry.

Goes for women too -- replacing the requisite body parts.

littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 06, 2006 09:20      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If you're male and you put a penis in your mouth, butt, or hand, (aside from your own), or kiss a guy. You're gay.

Period.

End of case.

I'm sorry.

All those doctors/nurses must be gay!
Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 06, 2006 10:12      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
If you're male and you put a penis in your mouth... You're gay.

Even if it's not human? Or attached?

--------------------

drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 06, 2006 10:28      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
quote:

We've missed you around these parts.
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2006 10:46      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
quote:

We've missed you around these parts.
We don't want to hear about your "Parts".

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted April 06, 2006 12:13      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well , aren't we a mature group. It seems every post after the original, contained a joke. Maybe we should change the forums name from "geek culture" to "adolescent teenage boy jokes". That is unless someone can post a non-joke in this thread.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2006 12:22      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well , aren't we a mature group. It seems every post after the original, contained a joke. Maybe we should change the forums name from "geek culture" to "adolescent teenage boy jokes". That is unless someone can post a non-joke in this thread.

Are you trying to be funny?

I don't get it [Confused]

--------------------

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 06, 2006 12:29      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Gee, fella - anyone ever tell you you're a regular day at the beach? Lighten up already. Sheesh.
[shake head]

--------------------

drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 06, 2006 12:29      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Would you like some cheese with that whine?
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2006 13:53      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Looky here sonny boy, I have boils on my ass older than you, and given that you've been here, what, oh 5 minutes, I seriously doubt you are gonna make any hay by telling us what we should think is appropriate.

I can see from your *yawn* blog that you are an American in Europe. Do you prance around over there telling everyone has things should be done.....like they are back home? I bet that makes you popular, doesn't it? Hear all that snickering behind your back? Well it is for good reason.

GC was just fine waaaaay before you blessed us with your presence/attitude and it will be just fine long after you are gone.

Simple solution: You don't like it, there is the door.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2006 14:01      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cap'n Vic

Very succinctly put.

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
magefile
Highlie
Member # 2918

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 06, 2006 14:02      Profile for magefile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Period.

End of case.

I'm sorry.

Or bi. Or questioning. Or pansexual. Or non-cisgendered.

There's a lot of options out there.

--------------------
Let them be stupid - the market will sort it out.

Posts: 743 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2006 14:03      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cap'n Vic your only 1 post from 5k

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2006 16:27      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thorned0Fortress wrote:
I would like to let everyone know that I like Females *almost as much as males.

Could I be considered a lesbian?

I think to be considered a lesbian, you'd at least have to like women more than you like men.

That said, you can call yourself whatever you want. It's just a label and labels are nothing more than a way to provide a basic set of assumptions about the object of the label. If you want to try to tell others what category you belong to and what assumptions are to be made about you, that's your choice. From the tone of your post, however, I suspect you may dislike labels.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2006 17:27      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd dub myself a pansexual...I've liked men, women, gender ambiguity, Vulcans, Nexus 6s, hell, I've been turned on by music and concepts.

Um. I get along best with guys, though.

Either way, "coming out" hasn't ever been a thing for me. People can figure it out on their own, I don't feel a need to draw attention to myself and what goes on in my bedroom. It's not particularly anybody's business but mine and my vibrator's. [Razz]

Thorned0Fortress
Geek
Member # 4435

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2006 18:21      Profile for Thorned0Fortress   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In regards to Demo... I, too, have gooten turned on by stange things (if you were even seriosu about that). Myabe we should change this catagory to "turn-ons" ( hopefully, though, not any gross fetishes.)
Or If someone thinks that we could get a lot of feedback on that subject, by all means, start a new topic.
I w ould , but I don't want to draw to much sexual attention.

Posts: 235 | From: texas | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 06, 2006 18:48      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Demosthenes:
It's not particularly anybody's business but mine and my vibrator's. [Razz]

Your ideas intrigue me, and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter [Wink]

Hmm, my own picture on the bi/gay/lesbian thing is that lesbian means a woman exclusively sexually attracted to other women, gay means a guy exclusively attracted to other guys, and bi is a a guy or girl sexually attracted to both guys and girls. Then there's bi curious which I've heard is someone who is attracted to other same sex people, but hasn't umm .. got off with another person of the same sex, but I think that's a pretty meaningless distinction. I mean do they call straight virgins straight curious?

As for me, I'm 99% sure I'm straight. However, I have been attracted to a guy as of late, so now it's got me wondering. Ah well...

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture