homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Looking for Love   » Geek Guy Lookin' For Geek Love...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Geek Guy Lookin' For Geek Love...
Mordok
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3975

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 16, 2006 02:16      Profile for Mordok   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, everybody...

Well, it seems damn near impossible to find a cool geek chick to get serious about around where I live, so I thought I'd try here....

I'm really a nice guy and I'm fun to be around...I like all manner of geekdom including (but not limited to) Star Wars, Star Trek, comic books, video games, movies, etc.

I'm 27 and I live in Sumner, WA....so, if any nice geek ladies are interested, please feel free to reply or send me a PM or an IM or email...

I look forward to hearing from you...

--------------------
30 years in the same location I have stayed. There I am right next door to Willy's Fun Arcade. I've got tough competition, but I'm not afraid. Cuz it's my destiny to be the King of Suede.

Posts: 19 | From: Washington | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2006 19:50      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Mordok, stick around, post frequently. Maybe hang in IRC. It's not exactly common, but definitely not unknown for geek love to spring to life here. Remember, these are geek chicks, and far more likely to be impressed by the content of your posts than anything else. Good luck.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mordok
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3975

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted February 16, 2006 21:22      Profile for Mordok   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the words of advice. I'll be sure to check in frequently...Hopefully, I can give some hope to my love woes...lol

--------------------
30 years in the same location I have stayed. There I am right next door to Willy's Fun Arcade. I've got tough competition, but I'm not afraid. Cuz it's my destiny to be the King of Suede.

KatharineLK
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 4912

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 17, 2006 01:52      Profile for KatharineLK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi!

How do I sound sincere when I say that I love geeky men?? b/c I really do! How do I meet them???? that's the biggest question!

feedback, appreciated! [Smile]

Kat

Posts: 1 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 17, 2006 01:57      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to GC, Kat.

For meeting geeky guys, try book shops, game shops, other geeky hang-out joints. If you're at college or uni, scout out the geeky departments like Computing, Maths and Physics. Plenty of geeks to be found there.

Stick around and you might even find someone here. It's not unheard of.

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 17, 2006 09:15      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Astronomer Jedi:
It's not unheard of.

..on the singles' network!

Anybody else hear that in their head too? Hmm, come to think of it, I think the slogan's "It's not uncommon on the singles' network."

/me watches too much late-night TV.

Oh, right, new people here: Welcome to GC! Pull up a chair and stay awhile (and if you meander over to our IRC channel, beware DNM's wet trout!. Wow, that almost sounds kinky. [Eek!] ).

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 17, 2006 09:33      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
... beware DNM's wet trout!). Wow, that almost sounds kinky. [Eek!]

I don't appreciate your ruse, ma'am.
[Razz]

Welcome, Mordor.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
llell
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 4914

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 18, 2006 05:35      Profile for llell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ello.

quote:
Welcome, Mordor.
...lol

Mordok, if only you were 10 years younger (or I 10 years older), we might have had a chance. I do like Star Trek (note the siggy) though. And Star Wars is right cool, but video games beat all! Do adults really play video games? If so, what type? I thought you were all too busy working or studying or what have you.

Anyways, I have a slight dilemma. You see, there is a certain geek guy I like, and I don't know what to do! (btw, he's a junior, I'm a sophomore, we're in the same physics class. just to give you some background info.) What do geek guys like? What should I do? Is it rude to borrow a very good video game from him right before the weekend and return it the first day back and tell him you "NoCD-ed" (what's the verb for that?) it, or is that a completely normal thing to do? I just don't want to offend him. Please help meee!

--------------------
LLAP

Posts: 3 | From: In front of the computer | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 18, 2006 07:25      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome llell.

I think this sort of thing has been said many a time before, but think Geek when trying to charm your geek. Ask him for help with some computer related problem, or talk to him about games, or work together on a school project, etc. You get the idea.

By all means return his game after only the weekend. Tell him that was all you needed to finish it.

Or try something supergeeky and yet completely non-geeky. Act like a Klingon woman on the hunt. Be forthright, walk right up to him infront of anyone and everyone, grab him roughly and put the fear of Fek'Lar in him if he refuses. [evil]

Qa'pla!

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
llell
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 4914

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted February 19, 2006 07:34      Profile for llell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would certainly be fun. I'm not sure if he's a Trekkie at all, most Trekkies here tend to hide it for some reason. He's more of a computer/gaming geek. I'm thinking of inviting him over to my house (along with a couple of other guyfriends) for a physics study session, only there's no test to study for. Ah well, one will probably come soon. But he's so smart, I don't even know if he studies :S. Well, even if he doesn't, he's still coming. I'll figure something out. Plus, I have insiders [Big Grin]

--------------------
LLAP

Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 19, 2006 08:35      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or you could be the seductive Tal'Shiar agent, dropping subtle hints and vague intimations. Intice him into your love nest. Give with one hand and take with the other. Make him so crazy he doesn't know whether he's coming or going and then pounce. [evil]

Jolan True, loyal servant of the Romulan Star Empire.

--------------------

llell
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 4914

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 20, 2006 08:23      Profile for llell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a plan to me. (I was already planning on the pouncing bit, but the love nest is certainly a nice touch.) He shall have no means of escape... Maybe I'll try to do this before the end of Thursday.

--------------------
LLAP

SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 20, 2006 08:40      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best advice I can give you is to talk to him, this is the only way to get to know what he likes, what he does on the weekends and if he is interested.

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mordok
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3975

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 20, 2006 15:08      Profile for Mordok   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I concur...find out what he's really into...get into his twisted little mind and go for it...

--------------------

zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2006 20:23      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a tip for the OP: why don't you try a local ice rink? If you're a semi-decent skater, teach some chick to skate or rescue her from making a permanent impression of her face on ice or boards, and you're pretty much guaranteed a phone number and whatever else might come with it. If you can't skate, walk around looking really helpless and frustrated, and make sure to fall on der arsch every now and then - some chick might take pity of you and try to teach you, in which case you might alse get the digits. There will be plenty of people walking along the boards though, so make sure you look more helpless and frustrated than the rest [Wink]

PS: Demosthenes is single [Wink]

Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 20, 2006 22:07      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'know, someone tried the seduction on skates thing on me once. He knew the plan was foiled as soon as I answered the door with my figure skates in hand.

OTOH, we played several lovely games of tag.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted February 21, 2006 07:48      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
Y'know, someone tried the seduction on skates thing on me once. He knew the plan was foiled as soon as I answered the door with my figure skates in hand.

OTOH, we played several lovely games of tag.

Bet Mr Life [Wink] had you figured for a badass hockey-playing chick, not some lame figure skater.
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 21, 2006 09:06      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually he said I was the first girl he'd ever met who could skate at all...

I ceased to be a lame figure skater after I quit and my ankles healed up. [Razz]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Thorned0Fortress
Geek
Member # 4435

Icon 1 posted March 05, 2006 19:24      Profile for Thorned0Fortress   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just like Ms Katherine up there ^^^ (which happens to be my name , as well) I LOVE geeks!
Posts: 235 | From: texas | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 05, 2006 20:38      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thorned0Fortress:
Just like Ms Katherine up there ^^^ (which happens to be my name , as well) I LOVE geeks!

Well, that's cool, I suppose. Too bad I don't see many such individuals in NY. Also, I like a girl who's a bit younger than 105. [Big Grin] [Razz]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Evltree
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 4955

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 06, 2006 17:22      Profile for Evltree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I concur with the loving of the geek male. I just moved /was exiled to Florida and find myself at a loss on how to locate them here. You think that women who actually prefer geeks should take to wearing subtle, but universal advertising....well aside from the Aqua Teen Hunger Force t-shirts? [Wink]

--------------------
How to be a hardass 101...repeat after me: "I'm the best there is at what I do, and what I do ain't very nice."

Posts: 3 | From: Miami | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
d3m057h3n35
Mini Geek
Member # 2378

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 06, 2006 23:25      Profile for d3m057h3n35     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zesovietrussian:

You'd think then that d3m057h3n35 would be 5i|\|613, preserving symmetry between your reality and the 1337 universe. But he is |\|07, which indicates that physical law is more complex than previously thought.
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 07, 2006 12:33      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by d3m057h3n35:
quote:

You'd think then that d3m057h3n35 would be 5i|\|613, preserving symmetry between your reality and the 1337 universe. But he is |\|07, which indicates that physical law is more complex than previously thought.
Yeah, but you don't count. [Razz]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Maggs
Geek
Member # 4682

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 16, 2006 18:30      Profile for Maggs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

BTW Demosthenes Happy St. Patrick's Day tommorrow.

Too bad she lives in MA. Oh well, I have my eyes on other geek, and I think it's working out.

We have to do a group project together in Java. I asked her if we could meet up since I need to understand Java better, since I have just the basics, and she said ok, just set something up on the weekends.

[JINX]
This might turn into something.
[/JINX]

Posts: 193 | From: NYC | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mochan
Geek
Member # 5035

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 04, 2006 16:38      Profile for Mochan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KatharineLK:
Hi!

How do I sound sincere when I say that I love geeky men?? b/c I really do! How do I meet them???? that's the biggest question!

feedback, appreciated! [Smile]

Kat

I honestly never thought it would be hard to meet geek men. I mean, they're everywhere! I have no trouble finding geek men. Too bad I'm not gay! If you need tips on how to meet them, I can give you all the tips you need.
Posts: 118 | From: Manila | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture