homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Looking for Love   » Cute Geek Girl Seeks Same in a Boy (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Cute Geek Girl Seeks Same in a Boy
Wendy Lady
Newbie Larva
Member # 4763

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 02:32      Profile for Wendy Lady   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah Geek Love...

Well, for one you have to match me in a battle of wits on Trivial Pursuit DVD Pop Culture Edition 1 or 2 or both. And SceneIt! Cuz that one is fun too.

Here's the rest of my criteria. Skinny nerdy guys in glasses who like to wear their worn out converse (or checkerboard Spicoli Vans) and their boxer briefs when they are trying to seduce me is incredibly HOTTT!

A-Team must be one of your favorite television shows of the 80s....well, basically you have to love all 80s television culture.

Family Guy love. [adult swim] love. Photoshop love. html love. superhero love. tattoo love. zombie movie love. guitar love. muskrat love.

I must want to jump your bones when you sing me Tenacious D's F'er Gently...because you will want to jump mine when I sing it to you!

You must also be my date for San Diego Comic-con. Cuz, it is necessary.

You must like my nerdy kids. I have two whom are named Anakin (7) and Kal-El (4 1/2)....if you don't know who those two names are in reference to YOU FAIL!

You living or wanting to move to Seattle area would be cool too.

This offer is good in the United States only...if you are from the Ivory Coast and want me to send you money to fly you here or to rescue you from the plight of your country....screw yourself. Screw yourself right in the cornhole with a piece of rusty wire coathanger.

--------------------
There's always whiskey at www.wendyladydesign.com

or Get your Daily Dose of Iron and Protein at www.iheartrobotchicken.com

Posts: 6 | From: Bremerton/Seattle | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 08:56      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wendy Lady:
Skinny nerdy guys in glasses who like to wear their worn out converse (or checkerboard Spicoli Vans) and their boxer briefs

You might be narrowing your search a bit much here with the wardrobe requirements.

Might I suggest Craigslist?

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted December 29, 2005 09:46      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You had me up until the rusty wire coathanger.

Spungo might still be interested though. [Big Grin]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 10 posted December 29, 2005 10:07      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huhuhuhhh cornhole huhhhuhhuhh

I haven't heard anyone (but me) use that word for 10 years.

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 12:31      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:

You weren't in my 8th grade sex-ed class, then.

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 18:31      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's got to be the most entertaining singles ad I've seen posted around here in a long time.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 18:42      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should check out craigslist. That's where the really weird personals ads come out to play.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 20:21      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nerdwithnofriends:
quote:

You weren't in my 8th grade sex-ed class, then.
Um, I was in grade 8....25 years ago [weep]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wick
Mini Geek
Member # 4608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 30, 2005 03:28      Profile for Wick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Demosthenes:
quote:
Skinny nerdy guys in glasses who like to wear their worn out converse (or checkerboard Spicoli Vans) and their boxer briefs

You might be narrowing your search a bit much here with the wardrobe requirements.

Might I suggest Craigslist?

Yeah, I was getting excited, I almost fit the description...I however do not wear worn out converse....

--------------------
-= "There comes a time in a man's life when he must roll the dice and except the outcome" =-

Posts: 80 | From: OH | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2005 03:34      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about Vans?

--------------------

Ugurcan

Member # 4746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 30, 2005 03:42      Profile for Ugurcan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Since I'm not very familiar with american slang, I thought I should look up for a definition in UrbanDictionary..

Oh Boy! I had a bad feeling about that word from the beginning, but I was not expecting an anatomy lesson! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Constants aren't, Variables won't..."

Posts: 219 | From: Under a 110 ft satellite dish... | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2005 08:29      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FireSnake wrote:
You should check out craigslist. That's where the really weird personals ads come out to play.

No need. I have a friend who has a profile on match. She shares the worst emails and profiles that she gets contacted by for our mutual amusement. A couple of nights ago, some guy she had never talked to before sent her an email suggesting they get together and use erm... "bodily secretions" as glue for a crafts project. Surprisingly, she wasn't quite won over by his charm.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2005 08:34      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His secretions or hers? [Eek!]

--------------------

Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2005 09:24      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
His secretions or hers?
Whichever is the stickiest, I presume.... [Eek!] [shake head]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 30, 2005 09:55      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grummash:
quote:
His secretions or hers?
Whichever is the stickiest, I presume.... [Eek!] [shake head]
You're supposed to combine them for the best effect.

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2005 10:05      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Won't that take your attention away from the crafts project? [Wink]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Richard
Geek Apprentice
Member # 2868

Icon 6 posted December 30, 2005 10:10      Profile for Richard   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ah Geek Love...

Well, for one you have to match me in a battle of wits on Trivial Pursuit DVD Pop Culture Edition 1 or 2 or both. And SceneIt! Cuz that one is fun too.

Well I seriously doubt I'd be able to do that with anyone who wasn't at least 3 or 4 years younger than myself...

quote:
Here's the rest of my criteria. Skinny nerdy guys in glasses who like to wear their worn out converse (or checkerboard Spicoli Vans) and their boxer briefs when they are trying to seduce me is incredibly HOTTT!

Wow, your not being specific there, I do have an old pair of Converse but I'm not even sure they fit. Oh yeah, and I don't wear glasses. 1 for me as I prefer boxer breiefs.

quote:
A-Team must be one of your favorite television shows of the 80s....well, basically you have to love all 80s television culture.

That's 1 for me, I loved a great deal of the 80s TV Shows... Alf, A-Team, Airwolf, Benson, Silver Spoons, Family Ties, etc...

quote:
Family Guy love. [adult swim] love. Photoshop love. html love. superhero love. tattoo love. zombie movie love. guitar love. muskrat love.

2 More for me, Family Guy is the bomb, as is [adult swim]. Photoshop is all you. 1 for me with HTML, I do most of my edits in vi or pico, in actuality though I'm more of a server kind of guy, I don't mind doing my own pages, but I'd rather my work be behind the scenes. If you can't notice something wrong then I've done my job correctly. A good zombie movie can cure a lot of ills.

quote:
I must want to jump your bones when you sing me Tenacious D's F'er Gently...because you will want to jump mine when I sing it to you!

Well, who wouldn't want to jump the person who sings them F'er Gently?

quote:
You must also be my date for San Diego Comic-con. Cuz, it is necessary.

Hmm, I seem to recall having plans in July... something to be discussed...

quote:
You must like my nerdy kids. I have two whom are named Anakin (7) and Kal-El (4 1/2)....if you don't know who those two names are in reference to YOU FAIL!

Very interesting choice in names... We can only hope they have someone to look up to as a decent role model, and that they find geeks of their own when they grow up. Oh yeah 2 more for me, Love kids [Smile]

quote:
You living or wanting to move to Seattle area would be cool too.

Seattle is like a treasure trove of 'geekness' (there are many other places like this too, but none that I would choose.)

quote:
This offer is good in the United States only...if you are from the Ivory Coast and want me to send you money to fly you here or to rescue you from the plight of your country....screw yourself. Screw yourself right in the cornhole with a piece of rusty wire coathanger.

Wow, okay so um 10 out of 19 isn't all that bad right? ... right?
Posts: 49 | From: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2005 10:19      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe the actual text was "and use our *** for glue", so the implication would be both mixed together, but I think any interpretation of it is creepy when coming from a stranger.

Aside from that, he was also wrong on the mechanics too. I'm pretty sure nature intended for all that stuff to prevent sticking and excessive friction. We should all be thankful for that, as conjoined twin clothing styles have never really been considered fasionable. [Smile]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 30, 2005 10:22      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh no...not again...

(re: Richard)

Edit: Oooh, 5353 posts - that's just a cool looking number!

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Richard
Geek Apprentice
Member # 2868

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2005 10:29      Profile for Richard   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
Oh no...not again...

(re: Richard)

:Blinks: Me? Well, I tried... /me crawls back into the corner...
Ugurcan

Member # 4746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 30, 2005 12:22      Profile for Ugurcan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grummash:
quote:
Won't that take your attention away from the crafts project? [Wink]
Who cares? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Constants aren't, Variables won't..."

Posts: 219 | From: Under a 110 ft satellite dish... | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2005 15:42      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm afraid I've never tried sticking popsicle sticks or whatever together with the stuff. I can see where it might dry as a superadhesive though. Like you would never think of shaving cream as an adhesive, but let me tell you, when you combine that stuff with face whiskers and let it dry, you could use that stuff to hold the tiles onto the space shuttle.

--------------------

Wick
Mini Geek
Member # 4608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 30, 2005 21:02      Profile for Wick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
FireSnake wrote:

No need. I have a friend who has a profile on match. She shares the worst emails and profiles that she gets contacted by for our mutual amusement. A couple of nights ago, some guy she had never talked to before sent her an email suggesting they get together and use erm... "bodily secretions" as glue for a crafts project. Surprisingly, she wasn't quite won over by his charm.

Hmmm, interesting. Anyone wanting to try this? I want to know how it works. [Big Grin]

--------------------
-= "There comes a time in a man's life when he must roll the dice and except the outcome" =-

Richard
Geek Apprentice
Member # 2868

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2006 10:08      Profile for Richard   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wick:
Hmmm, interesting. Anyone wanting to try this? I want to know how it works. [Big Grin]

I don't think I'm alone when I say that's all you...
Wick
Mini Geek
Member # 4608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 01, 2006 18:30      Profile for Wick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Richard:
quote:
Originally posted by Wick:

I don't think I'm alone when I say that's all you...
Nah, everyone here is curious, admit it!
[Big Grin]

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture