homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Looking for Love   » Le sigh

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Le sigh
Smokeblue
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4574

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted November 12, 2005 01:02      Profile for Smokeblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, all my fellow sad saps. Just another geek wallowing in the void of forlorn solitude :-). After spending a fruitless twenty minutes perusing disappointing personals sites, I wound up here. Figured I might as well stop in and vent. But this should be a place of hope and promise, ne? So maybe I'll abandon my sorrow for a bit and share in the camaraderie of my people.

But lest the entirety of this post be pointless, let me ask a question of you all: where is the common North American geek supposed to find a mate, anyhow? We're not exactly the type to gather in a more corporeal manner than is afforded by internet forums, and dating a computer screen is a sad substitute for direct human contact (blasphemous though that might be). Granted, if you knew the answer to that, you probably wouldn't be here in the first place, but perhaps there's a wizened one amongst you that has some wisdom in which I might partake.

Anyhoo, I’m gonna retire to the comfort of warm covers in the hopes that my dreams might offer a brief respite from the ache of loneliness. *holds a hand to his forehead as sappy violins play*

Jaa mata, ne.

EDIT: Heh...disregard the latter portion of the above; amazing what one finds when he extends the show-forum-posts past the last thirty days ^_^;;.

--------------------
ahiru no kokoro

Posts: 12 | From: Temporary Rochestrate | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 12, 2005 09:52      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howdy Smokeblue.  - Welcome to the GC Forums. Thanks for the introduction and nice job on the member profile.

Stick around and have some fun. There's always room for another geek willing to discuss topics here, including the whole "love-lorn" thing.

Post often.

[thumbsup]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2005 13:42      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Smokeblue

Welcome to the forums. If it's not such a crashing bore, do you think you may possibly find a little time for further posts? That would be awfully decent of you. [Big Grin]

Have fun, join in, and enjoy [Smile]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Matias
Highlie
Member # 4216

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 12, 2005 13:46      Profile for Matias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smokeblue...Welcome. If you keep visting, you will find reason to post. So check in when you can [Big Grin]

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Posts: 516 | From: The Land of the mouse.... | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 12, 2005 15:08      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by garlicguy:

Stick around and have some fun. There's always room for another geek willing to discuss topics here, including the whole "love-lorn" thing.

[thumbsup]

As long as it isn't another serishima or 4everdateless incident. *shudders*

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 12, 2005 16:51      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, I'm on the east coast, and it seems that you're in Seattle. But Wilkommen, Bienvenue, Welcome!

Well, even if you are lovelorn, at least you are more eloquently lovelorn than some others here. [Wink]

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Smokeblue
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4574

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted November 12, 2005 21:16      Profile for Smokeblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow--thanks for the warm welcome. Damn decent of you. I've got a bad habit of forum neglect, so forgive me if I suddenly disappear for a few months without warning ^_^;. I'll try and make home here, nonetheless. Anyway, this thread is getting ever closer to being in the wrong place, so I'll dispense with the formalities and move onto something more on topic.

But thanks again, guys. I'm touched. *tear*

--------------------
ahiru no kokoro

Posts: 12 | From: Temporary Rochestrate | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
saelri
Newbie Larva
Member # 4597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted November 14, 2005 20:08      Profile for saelri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, just go to places other geeks hang out. Meet some geeks in your region. There's definitely going to be some, and they do congregate once in a while.

If it can happen here in ol' Hicktown, Indiana, it can happen where you are.

Posts: 5 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture