homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Looking for Love   » Love Hurts...Got A Helmet?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Love Hurts...Got A Helmet?
Crewgeekette
Mini Geek
Member # 4506

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted October 24, 2005 21:04      Profile for Crewgeekette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok so I'm sixteen and know (mostly) nothing about love. In fact I've never even kissed a guy yet...but...and this is a big but(t) (ok bad joke...lol but I like it!) I do know a LOT about crushing and being in like with someone. Being in like with someone or lust with someone is just as bad as being in love I think. Not that I would know or anything...

I'm crushing on a crew guy right now...I have no idea if he even knows I'm alive. [Frown]

They should call it crashing...not crushing...

--------------------
SHOUT OUTS TOO: KD my sister, my friend...my alarm clock. lol

Posts: 71 | From: Under an apple tree in fall | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 24, 2005 21:28      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty sure that if he thought you were dead, he'd want you cleared out of there quickly as you'd be dead weight to the rest of the team. [Wink]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Crewgeekette
Mini Geek
Member # 4506

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 24, 2005 21:33      Profile for Crewgeekette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
I'm pretty sure that if he thought you were dead, he'd want you cleared out of there quickly as you'd be dead weight to the rest of the team. [Wink]

Lol, your funny. That actually made me laugh:D [Applause]

--------------------

Posts: 71 | From: Under an apple tree in fall | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 25, 2005 01:55      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:

Unless she's referring to Spungo...

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alephcat
Alpha Geek
Member # 2617

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 25, 2005 05:43      Profile for Alephcat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
any warm hole is a good one [devil wand] [evil]

--------------------
"You have the right to search in silence. If you give up the right to search in silence, anything you say can and will be modded down in a court of public opinion."

Posts: 300 | From: Chester | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Crewgeekette
Mini Geek
Member # 4506

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 25, 2005 06:49      Profile for Crewgeekette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alephcat:

Lol I think all the Harry Potter has fried your brain. lol
GameMaster
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 25, 2005 08:10      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Wasn't it "Every sperm is a good sperm" -- Monty Python, Meaning of Life.

--------------------
My Site

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Crewgeekette
Mini Geek
Member # 4506

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 25, 2005 11:13      Profile for Crewgeekette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GameMaster:
quote:

Wasn't it "Every sperm is a good sperm" -- Monty Python, Meaning of Life.
I think so...

--------------------

Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 25, 2005 13:21      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every sperm is sacred... Every sperm is good...
Every sperm is needed... In your neighbourhooood....

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1936 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 25, 2005 13:53      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
There are Jews in the world.
There are Buddhists.
There are Hindus and Mormons, and then
There are those that follow Mohammed, but
I've never been one of them.

I'm a Roman Catholic,
And have been since before I was born,
And the one thing they say about Catholics is:
They'll take you as soon as you're warm.
You don't have to be a six-footer.
You don't have to have a great brain.
You don't have to have any clothes on. You're
A Catholic the moment Dad came,

Because

Every sperm is sacred.
Every sperm is great.
If a sperm is wasted,
God gets quite irate.

Every sperm is sacred.
Every sperm is great.
If a sperm is wasted,
God gets quite irate.

Let the heathen spill theirs
On the dusty ground.
God shall make them pay for
Each sperm that can't be found.

Every sperm is wanted.
Every sperm is good.
Every sperm is needed
In your neighbourhood.

Hindu, Taoist, Mormon,
Spill theirs just anywhere,
But God loves those who treat their
Semen with more care.

Every sperm is sacred.
Every sperm is great.
If a sperm is wasted,
God gets quite irate.

Every sperm is sacred.
Every sperm is good.
Every sperm is needed
In your neighbourhood!

Every sperm is useful.
Every sperm is fine.
God needs everybody's.
Mine! And mine! And mine!

Let the Pagan spill theirs
O'er mountain, hill, and plain.
God shall strike them down for
Each sperm that's spilt in vain.

Every sperm is sacred.
Every sperm is good.
Every sperm is needed
In your neighbourhood.

Every sperm is sacred.
Every sperm is great.
If a sperm is wasted,
God gets quite iraaaaate!

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 25, 2005 14:18      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some people just have too much time on their hands!

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 25, 2005 14:40      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
Some people just have too much time on their hands!

It's a quick google... A copy and a paste...
Monty Python rules.

--------------------
My Site

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 25, 2005 14:55      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I meant whoever wrote that song!

--------------------

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 25, 2005 17:56      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
No, I meant whoever wrote that song!

I wouldn't say that. It's actually one of the most clever satires of the Catholic theology on that issue that I've seen.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 25, 2005 18:00      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I know it's clever. It's just an absolutely hysterical concept to consider... that someone actually sat down and wrote a catchy song about, of all things, sperm!

I did have a theological question, though. The song mentions Mormons in what appeared to me a context of "wasting sperm i s okay." But aren't Mormons the ones who "seal" everyone who's ever lived into heaven? So wouldn't they be of similar opinions when discussing masturbation/condom use and all that? (Why is it so much easier to type that word than to say it aloud?)

--------------------

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 25, 2005 18:06      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I did have a theological question, though. The song mentions Mormons in what appeared to me a context of "wasting sperm i s okay." But aren't Mormons the ones who "seal" everyone who's ever lived into heaven? So wouldn't they be of similar opinions when discussing masturbation/condom use and all that? (Why is it so much easier to type that word than to say it aloud?)

Not sure re Mormons. I've got a friend on another board who's an ex Mormon, I'll ask him if I see him around.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Crewgeekette
Mini Geek
Member # 4506

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 25, 2005 19:15      Profile for Crewgeekette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From love to stuff that looks like ugly tadpolls...lovely. [shake head]

Lol I actually found that song quite a witty ditty...haha lol.

--------------------

Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted October 25, 2005 21:41      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crewgeekette:

That's the general order of things...

all in a days work here at Geek Culture Institute.

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Crewgeekette
Mini Geek
Member # 4506

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 25, 2005 21:54      Profile for Crewgeekette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Too Cool To Quit:
quote:
Originally posted by Crewgeekette:

That's the general order of things...

all in a days work here at Geek Culture Institute.

Ooo...nice. [Wink] lol

--------------------

YaYawoman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 25, 2005 22:03      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting the lyrics. The meaning of life was the first movie my mangled,pressed together step-family and I went to together.Actually, it was the very first 'together' thing we did after the wedding. Although I was squirming while I was laughing. Who wants to hear a song about sperm while sitting next to Daddy? ugh.
Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 26, 2005 07:08      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While you listen to the Pythons , consider this:

Every one reading this started out as one of those "ugly tadpoles". Not only that, but we were part of quite a large crowd of them, racing toward the goal, swimming for all we were worth. Not only that, but we won! We are all champion swimmers, having competed with literally millions of others in the race of our young lives. And we won!  -

Whew! I'm exhausted just thinking about it...  -

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 26, 2005 07:27      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by garlicguy:
While you listen to the Pythons , consider this:

Every one reading this started out as one of those "ugly tadpoles". Not only that, but we were part of quite a large crowd of them, racing toward the goal, swimming for all we were worth. Not only that, but we won! We are all champion swimmers, having competed with literally millions of others in the race of our young lives. And we won!  -

Whew! I'm exhausted just thinking about it...  -

Hopefully that luck wears through til tonight's Lotto 6/49 draw. Largest lottery in Canadian history. $40M. If I win, I'm holding a GC meetup somewhere like Maui or Cuba and I'm paying everyone's airfare and hotel. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture