homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Looking for Love   » Anyone up for marriage?? *blink* (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Anyone up for marriage?? *blink*
HiTechLeaf
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 4489

Icon 5 posted October 18, 2005 00:27      Profile for HiTechLeaf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello dear you-out-there,

My close friend got engage for a few days ago. Now I'm wondering if there is any of you kewl guys who wants to get engage? [Big Grin]

I'm sweet and seventeen [Cool]

If you're not intrested in marriage you are wellcome to write anyway and have a few laughs. [Applause]

Posts: 2 | From: Sweden | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Alan!
Geek
Member # 1261

Icon 1 posted October 18, 2005 01:43      Profile for Alan!     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
get off my forum.

(too harsh?)

Posts: 219 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 18, 2005 02:43      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alan!:
(too harsh?)

Yup, 'fraid so.

You've got to start slow, leave that kind of talk until after the wedding.
I believe it's traditional to start with buying the lady a drink.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
HiTechLeaf
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 4489

Icon 2 posted October 18, 2005 03:07      Profile for HiTechLeaf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh guess I'm not to appriciated [blush]
Posts: 2 | From: Sweden | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
jordanv
Assimilated
Member # 3189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 18, 2005 05:08      Profile for jordanv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HiTechLeaf:

i'll marry you!

i do crazy things like that.

as long as you arent an fbi agent pretending to be an old man pretending to be young woman.

Posts: 364 | From: a house (in Sydney) | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 10 posted October 18, 2005 09:32      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alan!:
get off my forum.

(too harsh?)

Not at all. I would have went with the old:

Show us your tits!

-or-

Is that a corn cob in your mouth or are you just happy to see me?

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
shriver
Geek
Member # 3556

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 18, 2005 09:48      Profile for shriver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always wanted to be proposed to on the GC forums.

*single tear*

--------------------
And a thousand thousand slimy things
Lived on; and so did I.

Posts: 111 | From: Seattle | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 18, 2005 10:05      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marrying a 17 year old in my country would cause big problems with some... um... er... laws. Plus my wife would probably have some issues with it. But what a wonderfully magnaminous offer. Who could resist a proposal over a forum? No questions asked! Sight unseen! Beautiful. Gorgeous. The flood gates of my tear ducts begin to open. Take cover. [weep]

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 18, 2005 10:24      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

My close friend got engage for a few days ago. Now I'm wondering if there is any of you kewl guys who wants to get engage? [Big Grin]

Engagement: the new "in" gift for teenage girls this holiday season. Don't be the last girl on your block without one! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
The White Tree
Geek
Member # 4040

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 18, 2005 17:26      Profile for The White Tree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marriage in the U.S. is legal for someone under 17 as long as they have parental consent or something like that. Maybe 17 is even old enough not to have parental consent. Age of consent laws are the best, or else I would technically be a pedophile...
Posts: 201 | From: York, PA, residing/school at NNPTC at NWS Charleston, SC. | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 18, 2005 17:34      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't Macauley Culkin get married when he was 16? Of course, he was divorced by the time he hit 20.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 18, 2005 17:43      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The White Tree:
Marriage in the U.S. is legal for someone under 17 as long as they have parental consent or something like that. Maybe 17 is even old enough not to have parental consent. Age of consent laws are the best, or else I would technically be a pedophile...

Depends on the state. In some states you can get married as young as 12 with parental consent, in others it's 16. There is at least one state where you are a legal adult at 16 1/2 so you wouldn't need permission, and one state where you aren't a legal adult until 19. Also in CA, even if the younger partner is 16 (age of consent) you still can't have sex with them if you are more than three years older.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 18, 2005 18:02      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jordanv:
quote:

i'll marry you!

i do crazy things like that.

as long as you arent an fbi agent pretending to be an old man pretending to be young woman.

Then you're up for some dissappointment

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 18, 2005 21:15      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marriage to a 17yr old? No thanks. [Smile]

/me wants the number for the waitress he saw tonight... [Wink] I'm quite certain she has a few years past 17...(but only a few :-D)

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 18, 2005 21:42      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thought of marriage is enticing, but I'd prefer to marry a man between the ages of 23 and 40. (Exception will be made for certain 18- and 22-year-old men.)

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 18, 2005 22:36      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
The thought of marriage is enticing, but I'd prefer to marry a man between the ages of 23 and 40. (Exception will be made for certain 18- and 22-year-olds.)

So which 18 -22 year old women are you interested in marrying? [evil]

( not that there's anything wrong with that... )

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
agbullett
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4426

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted October 24, 2005 10:27      Profile for agbullett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are as cute as your emptor count me in for engagement if not marr....!

The one Woman who married me now says she has always hated me for the last 27 years.

I would hate for someone as cute as you to end up hating me in another 20 years or so.

Write me back and we can make all the necessary arrangements for our engagement.
I can give you everything but a date to get hitched. With my current mental state my fingers would shake too much to type the word marr....! By the way I make three times my teaching salary working with pizza delivery, so money will not be a problem when we hook up.

Write me back maybe we can just be buddies to start!

Posts: 11 | From: 38012 Brownsville, TN | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
agbullett
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4426

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted October 24, 2005 10:33      Profile for agbullett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am 40 something, rich, cute, polite, intelligent, and I don't quite look my age. I can beat your 22 year-old boy friends at 100 meters or the mile.
Will you make an exception and consider marrying me; instead of the average 22-25 year old male. I am already well trained which would save you alot of time.
Or will you continue to discriminate against me just because I am an OLD FART?

Posts: 11 | From: 38012 Brownsville, TN | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 24, 2005 10:43      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not because of your age that no one really wishes to give you the time of day.

But more for the fact that you appear to be an unstable loon that is trolling message board for tail.

[shake head]

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 24, 2005 12:07      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the legal age to marry here is 18, but the legal age to have consentual sex is 14 unless the older party is in a position of authority, then the age of consent becomes 18.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
lauristone
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 4192

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2005 03:17      Profile for lauristone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey marry me
just think you get to move to sunny Australia
17 is the legal age

Posts: 3 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
The White Tree
Geek
Member # 4040

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2005 17:59      Profile for The White Tree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think marriage is quite the first thing you ask about when you are looking for someone. It tends to scare them off.
Posts: 201 | From: York, PA, residing/school at NNPTC at NWS Charleston, SC. | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2005 21:04      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
I think the legal age to marry here is 18, but the legal age to have consentual sex is 14 unless the older party is in a position of authority, then the age of consent becomes 18.

I'm curious, can you actually be charged for having sex? What is the penalty if it's both consentual?

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2005 22:04      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I'm 17, female, and unmarried too!

We should snoop around on internet forums and look for future husbands together.

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2005 22:15      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alfrin:
I'm curious, can you actually be charged for having sex?

Yeah, it's about 200 an hour, or so I hear.

/What?

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture