homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Looking for Love   » Ok, so where *does* one meet the geeks? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Ok, so where *does* one meet the geeks?
R0x0r_G0dd3ss
Geek-in-Training
Member # 3041

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 07, 2004 09:19      Profile for R0x0r_G0dd3ss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep yep. Libraries are good. Then again, I'm vice president of our school's gaming club. And the only girl in it. Soo...I've got my pick of the geeks there. But if you really wanna meet a few?
Game stores, book stores, libraries...you could start up conversation about what's good or what they're looking at.
Just a thought.

--------------------
Ph33r my l337 n3kk1d skillz!!!

Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 07, 2004 09:22      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know ChemGeek, you've very succintly explained why I've never bothered looking in the chem department at my school. Smacks of incest.

However, if you're that interested, discreetly ask her out and be ready for some gossip. I have a couple classmates who're dating. Not many people care though it did raise a few eyebrows at first. Not because they were biochemists but because she was also with someone else...

I like working on the fourth floor. I can just stay out of the whole gossip farm and that's good.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 07, 2004 09:23      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ChemGeek:
This might be off topic a little, but here goes. I meet and know plenty of geeks, some of which I wouldn't mind asking out. The problem is that they are all in the chemistry department. Asking someone out would be akin to asking out your sister. Problem is that I really like one of them of them. Any ideas?

Show up naked, with beer! *

* This meme was brought to you by Acme Memes - a division of Conglomerated Mememes, Ltd.

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
R0x0r_G0dd3ss
Geek-in-Training
Member # 3041

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 07, 2004 09:41      Profile for R0x0r_G0dd3ss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Naked with beer, hm? Well...it might work, if all the girls in the world were as weird as I am. I think I'd be apt to take in someone who showed up naked with beer.
It's better than naked with:
A gun, a knife, his mom.....
[Big Grin]
IMHO....

--------------------
Ph33r my l337 n3kk1d skillz!!!

ChemGeek
Mini Geek
Member # 3124

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 07, 2004 11:14      Profile for ChemGeek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The beer might work, my department has an obsession with alcohol and drugs. I'll take it under consideration. [Smile]

--------------------
Experience is directly proportional to the amount of equipment ruined.

Posts: 62 | From: Armpit of America | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
I/O dev
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 3157

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 20, 2004 05:33      Profile for I/O dev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody know of any places to meet geek girls in Las Vegas, besides the normal places. I'm about to move there in a few months. Their will be a butt-load of convintions to go "scope," as the kids says these days.

--------------------
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GE d--(---) s:- a-- C++ UL+ P+ L++ E W+ N+ o? K--? w-- !O M !V [email protected] PE Y+ PGP+ !t !5- X+ !R- tv b++ DI+ D++ G e h++$ r y+
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

Posts: 1 | From: South Korea | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 20, 2004 06:23      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by I/O dev:
Anybody know of any places to meet geek girls in Las Vegas, besides the normal places. I'm about to move there in a few months. Their will be a butt-load of convintions to go "scope," as the kids says these days.

Just be careful not to get drunk and wake up married. [Eek!]
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture