homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Looking for Love   » anybody here? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: anybody here?
ZorroTheFox
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 917

Icon 12 posted September 16, 2004 16:27      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
any geek that has found a computer has already found love therefore there is little reason to start a thread on this subject [Big Grin]
Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 16, 2004 17:18      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ZorroTheFox:
any geek that has found a computer has already found love therefore there is little reason to start a thread on this subject [Big Grin]

But they don't like being whipped, though [Frown]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 16, 2004 17:34      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by neotatsu:
I think the point of the 'lookin for love' section is more about talking about your daily attempts to find love, or advice, as opposed to a dating service. There have been a few successful relationships started on these boards, but not because somone put up a one (crappy) paragraph add, and sat back and waited for replies. If you want it to even *potentially* work, try actually saying something about yourself.

No, there was a sorta personals thread here an eon ago... But in the light of how most the GC couples ended up, I think most people here are a bit more gun shy. Today has been quiet compared to what the forums used to be.

Welcome to the boards! Don't mind the over eager troll hunters who appear to have marked you troll before giving you a chance. In general, if no one replies to a thread posting a followup to move it to the top of the freshest 15 or Todays Active topics typically is looked down on. So, avoid "double posting," with the exception of replying multipule people (which some people here may still groan at you about), and they might back off a little. There geeks, their anal by nature.

--------------------
My Site

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ivan
Alpha Geek
Member # 2622

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 16, 2004 17:40      Profile for Ivan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
There geeks, their anal by nature.
Where are the geeks? And what about their anal?
Posts: 269 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2004 17:58      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't this the part where someone says: Your all gay!

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 16, 2004 18:39      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's nothing wrong with the Hershey highway, as long as you're in the driver's seat [Wink]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2004 19:23      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Priceless csk [Big Grin]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted September 16, 2004 21:46      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
eew.

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 16, 2004 21:59      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[dogbert]Bah.[/dogbert]

Hmm...why do I think that could be taken the wrong way?

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 16, 2004 22:04      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
[dogbert]Bah.[/dogbert]

Hmm...why do I think that could be taken the wrong way?

So not touching that obvious ope^H^H^Hopportunity.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Allan
SuperFan!
Member # 1717

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 16, 2004 22:26      Profile for Allan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:

( This is getting silly. )

Yes, but not nearly as silly as the fact that I can't see the word Klingon without thinking about that lame Star Trek / toilet paper joke.
You mean the one about the Captain's log?
Nah, and it's all worked out rather nicely the way this thread has gone.

They both fight the Klingons....

told you it was lame [Smile]

Posts: 1280 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland / Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 17, 2004 07:47      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I start reading threads, looking for something to spark my interest, and I find this???

You guys are nuts. I love you. [Smile]

Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 17, 2004 07:56      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grey_girl:
I start reading threads, looking for something to spark my interest, and I find this???

Awww, that's the nicest thing anyone's said about me [blush] It's good to know someone appreciates the collective warped sense of humour around here.

Long time no post anyway, Grey_girl. Last time I can remember you being here we were discussing female Jedi robe ownership, which resulted in slightly less marriage proposals than I expected.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 12 posted September 17, 2004 15:31      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
quote:

sure they do, you just have to use a cat-5 o' nine tails http://www.roadkill.net/madmins/CAT509pro.html
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 17, 2004 15:44      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GameMaster:
There geeks, their anal by nature.

That's they're a contraction for "They Are." "There" would be used if I were to point at something over there, "their" is a possessive. As in:

Look over there; their dog is absolutely crazy, and they're not too sane looking either!

</anal> [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Allan
SuperFan!
Member # 1717

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 17, 2004 15:56      Profile for Allan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grey_girl:

-
Posts: 1280 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland / Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 18, 2004 03:40      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

sure they do, you just have to use a cat-5 o' nine tails http://www.roadkill.net/madmins/CAT509pro.html
Yeah, tried that, but the poor machine will never use the safe word.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 18, 2004 12:27      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't that what the blue screen is for? [evil]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 12 posted September 18, 2004 16:52      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, tried that, but the poor machine will never use the safe word.
don't feel bad, I commanded mine to submit but all I got was a syntax error [Razz]
timberwolf5480
Newbie Larva
Member # 2944

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 20, 2004 05:59      Profile for timberwolf5480     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright, DIE THREAD DIE!!!!

Please, tech goddess, take pity on me.......don't end my 802.11g connection.....

[Eek!]

Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted September 20, 2004 21:59      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me wraps timberwolf5480 from head to toe with yellow "Police - Do not enter" tape.

/me invites someone to unravel the tape swiftly and send timberwolf5480 spinning out of here.

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
timberwolf5480
Newbie Larva
Member # 2944

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 21, 2004 19:18      Profile for timberwolf5480     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
puts himself on insanity leave and stops listening to ICP.....

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture