homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Looking for Love   » Geek's gotta stick together!! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Geek's gotta stick together!!
mdee2004
Geek Larva
Member # 2803

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted June 22, 2004 00:50      Profile for mdee2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm one of the few that saw, one of the fewer that liked and one of the damn near non-existent people who saw, liked and own free enterprise (respectively) which stars William Shatner. In the movie there is a romance that happens between one of the main characters and his female geeky counterpart. This is one of my favorite love stories because in addition to falling head over heals in love they also dress up like sci fi characters and do all kinds of fun geeky stuff. I hope one day meet the geeky gal of my dreams. Any women out there want a tall, geeky, electrical engineer?

--------------------
Bass lines are at their best when they are played by a bass.

Posts: 26 | From: Maryland | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
angryjungman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2434

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2004 05:21      Profile for angryjungman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is one of my favourite movies ever. I made my girlfriend watch it [and she is not a geek by any stretch of the imagination] and she thought it was good too. I understand that they're making a sequel with both Bill and Nimoy.

--------------------
Meh.

Posts: 633 | From: princeton, nj | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2004 06:45      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Us geeky chicks are out there. Some of us even own our own set of Jedi robes.
Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2004 07:21      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grey_girl:
Us geeky chicks are out there. Some of us even own our own set of Jedi robes.

So, how many marriage proposals have you received after that admission [Wink]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2004 07:48      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
None. [Frown]
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2004 08:02      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gee, what they say about geek guys being slow on the uptake is true [shake head] [Wink]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2004 08:27      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And to think of all the threads where geek guys complain there are no geek girls...
Katie
Geek
Member # 2502

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2004 10:23      Profile for Katie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jedi robes,please...I own darth sith's.

--------------------
I am not the type of person to do shamless plugging,how dare you
http://freewebs.com/lordofmuffins

Posts: 183 | From: Florida land of the retired | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
fanboy_uk

Member # 2132

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2004 10:24      Profile for fanboy_uk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My girlfriend is a geekette, she just doesn't know it yet.

--------------------
A woman walked into a cocktail bar, took one look at the drinks menu and asked the barman for a Double Entendré.
So he gave her one

Posts: 161 | From: Brighton, UK (50.8389, -00.1876) | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2004 10:27      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Katie:
Jedi robes,please...I own darth sith's.

I never said my robes were brown. [Wink]
MacintoshGeek
Geek
Member # 960

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2004 11:52      Profile for MacintoshGeek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey I might be geeky but I'm just not gonna jump the first girl with a jedi robe. LOL

I can find geeky chicks on the net, but they are usually much younger or live far away. I only date local gals now, because I want to be in the space of another person - I spend too much time staring at this screen with work as it is [Frown]

So, where are the Portland gals? [Smile]

Posts: 130 | From: Beaverton, OR | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
mdee2004
Geek Larva
Member # 2803

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2004 12:11      Profile for mdee2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm more of a trek geek myself, not that I wouldn't date a star wars geek. I wouldn't want to date a girl who would refer to star trek as star wars and vise versa, that always sets me off. Similar to what the MacintoshGeek said there arn't many local geeky chicks, especially not in my town. I live in a college town where all the girls conform to the call of abercrombie and fitch. I would have posted sooned but I just got up, my whole house has been infected by the star craft bug. [shake head] If your geeky and you live in the Washington DC area, then get up with me.

--------------------
Bass lines are at their best when they are played by a bass.

Posts: 26 | From: Maryland | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2004 18:52      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MacintoshGeek:
Hey I might be geeky but I'm just not gonna jump the first girl with a jedi robe.

You're in grave danger of getting your geek club membership revoked, my friend. In my day, we jumped the first girl with a pulse (and some weren't even that picky) [Wink]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Mercury_Blue
Geek
Member # 2322

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 24, 2004 01:16      Profile for Mercury_Blue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weren't that picky? You mean alive/dead, or human/non-human. Oh, that reminds me. Where's Spungo? [Wink]

--------------------
~~~The Geek Will Inherit the Earth~~~

Posts: 215 | From: Radioactive Wastland of Tzi-lak | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 24, 2004 02:38      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MacintoshGeek:
Hey I might be geeky but I'm just not gonna jump the first girl with a jedi robe.

Padawan, oh Padawan [shake head]

You have much to learn of the ways of the Force.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
crazyarlo
Geek
Member # 1226

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted June 24, 2004 06:07      Profile for crazyarlo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grey Girl.... if I was not already married you would get a proposal after that admission!!! rofl

I am not sure geek girls and guys actually make a good match, or are even attracted to each other. Are there any couples here who are geek/nongeek like myself and my wife? (although my geekiness is slowly rubbing off on her)

So anyway here is my theory. There are some people that get a kick out of geeks, and are attracted to them because of it. Musicians? Teachers? Artists?

Any thoughts people??!!????

Posts: 238 | From: Southern Ohio ... SURF OHIO, BABY! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
angryjungman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2434

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 24, 2004 06:14      Profile for angryjungman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by crazyarlo:

So anyway here is my theory. There are some people that get a kick out of geeks, and are attracted to them because of it. Musicians? Teachers? Artists?

Here's some data for your theory crazyarlo. My girlfriend is a music teacher. Although she doesn't seem to be interested much in my geekier qualities.

--------------------
Meh.

Posts: 633 | From: princeton, nj | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 24, 2004 06:53      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL...

For the record, my robes are various shades of grey, from light to dark. (The screen name came from somewhere, you know. [Wink] ) The friend that made them used different textures of fabric in each piece of the outfit, so these robes are pretty unusual (no burlap!). Her idea was to make robes for the sexy jedi. The cloak is very sheer and diaphanous, for example.

I've worn the outfit in public just once, at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas, of all places. A large group of my friends and I had gathered there the week Attack of the Clones opened, and we had a private party at one of the restaurants in Caesar's. Thankfully I wasn't the only geek walking around like that. Also, the outfit has been shown at cons during costuming panels on how to make your own robes.

Arlo, to answer your question, yes, there is an attraction to geeks just because they are geeks. At least for me there is. Now if I could just find one...

snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 24, 2004 09:17      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geek's what gotta stick together???

This has been brought to you by the Apostrophe Police. [Wink]

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 24, 2004 09:27      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look out! It's the Grammar Gestapo - we've been rumbled! [Smile]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Allan
SuperFan!
Member # 1717

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 24, 2004 09:52      Profile for Allan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
Look out! It's the Grammar Gestapo - we've been rumbled! [Smile]

You speak for yourself, I haven't been rumbled for months [Frown]
Posts: 1280 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland / Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted June 24, 2004 10:52      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grey Girl....just curious. Do you go 'regimental' under those robes?

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 24, 2004 11:05      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
Grey Girl....just curious. Do you go 'regimental' under those robes?

Oh, that's for me to know.
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted June 24, 2004 11:24      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me drops a handful of change on the floor behind GG and kneels down for a look [Eek!]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
priscilch
Mini Geek
Member # 2727

Icon 1 posted June 24, 2004 11:36      Profile for priscilch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Quoted by crazyarlo I am not sure geek girls and guys actually make a good match, or are even attracted to each other. Are there any couples here who are geek/nongeek like myself and my wife? (although my geekiness is slowly rubbing off on her)

I don't know about that. I know that my non-geek roommate is engaged to a tech geek.

As for myself, I like geeks. This revelation came to me when I was talking to a ivy league Waterpolo player, and I just had no interest in talking with him. But it did teach me to appreciate nice abs. [Smile]
I find being able to tell my significant other that I can't talk to him on the phone that evening because I have a D&D game.

Posts: 53 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture