homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Looking for Love   » I am looking for love. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: I am looking for love.
Al
Mini Geek
Member # 2706

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 20, 2004 19:46      Profile for Al     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dangit.

--------------------
-al

Posts: 50 | From: TN | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted May 20, 2004 20:44      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You dont look for love. Love finds you.
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 20, 2004 21:37      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Soviet Russia, love finds you [Big Grin]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Orpheus
Highlie
Member # 2397

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 20, 2004 21:42      Profile for Orpheus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heh get in line.

--------------------
my cats make me crazy

Posts: 554 | From: Galveston, TX | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 20, 2004 21:50      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Al:
Dangit.

Stoppit. You're only making yourself miserable.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted May 20, 2004 21:52      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some guys dig a desperate chick.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 20, 2004 21:57      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
quote:
Originally posted by Al:
Dangit.

Stoppit. You're only making yourself miserable.
That may not be true. He's probably also reminding all those other single geeks of their singleness, and thus making plenty of other people miserable, too [Wink]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted May 20, 2004 22:06      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me nunges csk

Al is a she.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 20, 2004 22:11      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
/me nunges csk

Al is a she.

Well, yes, but my point remains [Big Grin] Besides, she doesn't have any profile picture, so how am I meant to know that she's a she? Maybe she's actually a he pretending to be a she [Wink]

More seriously, /me finds it hard to understand how females remain single, since most of the single and looking people I come across are guys.

Edit: then again, I just got an email that made it through my spam filter from a girl who's seen my profile, and has her videocam working(I just need to go to her "friends" site to get to it). So there must be single females out there after all [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted May 20, 2004 22:40      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
In Soviet Russia, love finds you [Big Grin]

I was waitin for it. I even considered saying it but i knew it would be said.
Zim'et
Alpha Geek
Member # 2448

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted May 21, 2004 12:42      Profile for Zim'et         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you find Love notify the rest of us and we can have a good old-fashioned lynching.

--------------------
3 2 1... Let's Jam

Posts: 254 | From: Montana | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
angryjungman

Member # 2434

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 21, 2004 13:00      Profile for angryjungman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zim'et:
When you find Love notify the rest of us and we can have a good old-fashioned lynching.

Ouch. That's harsh.

--------------------
Meh.

Posts: 633 | From: princeton, nj | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
sconzey
Assimilated
Member # 2347

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 21, 2004 14:32      Profile for sconzey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sings* "Where is thuh love..."

*dodges rotten tomato.*

--------------------
"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent."
--Isaac Asimov

Posts: 490 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 21, 2004 15:31      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sconzey:
*sings* "Where is thuh love..."

*dodges rotten tomato.*

...It's in the fridge. 100% FACT*

*may not be entirely true

Posts: 1263 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 21, 2004 20:19      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zim'et:

"What is looove? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more..."

*dodges more tomatoes*

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
chromatic
Geek
Member # 164

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 22, 2004 09:33      Profile for chromatic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a gentle reminder; if you can't be happy being single, you won't be happy in a relationship.
Posts: 223 | From: Squeaky First Geek House | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 22, 2004 09:49      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by chromatic:
Just a gentle reminder; if you can't be happy being single, you won't be happy in a relationship.

You know, I was thinking about saying the same thing here...
A somewhat odd addendum to that: if you can't be your own best friend, you might find yourself screwed at times in life, if you can't deal with stuff on your own. Sometimes we have to do hard things in life, and the people who are closest to you might for some reason not be around, and you just have summon your strength, and just do it.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9319 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Al
Mini Geek
Member # 2706

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 22, 2004 15:13      Profile for Al     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am indeed a she and I only posted this to poke fun at the name of the thread, I hope no one's mad at me now.
Soddy [Frown]

--------------------
-al

Ivan
Alpha Geek
Member # 2622

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 23, 2004 14:29      Profile for Ivan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"What is looove? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more..."
heheh. You just reminded me of the movie Night at the Roxburry and all those SNL skits. You have made my day.

/me walks off bobbing his head

Posts: 269 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Al
Mini Geek
Member # 2706

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 23, 2004 19:49      Profile for Al     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those are hilarious. The only one that bothered me was the one in which Jim Carrey feeds apple sauce to an old woman in the car and it gets all over her face. Bad visual. But yes, those are lovely

--------------------
-al

Alan!
Geek
Member # 1261

Icon 1 posted May 24, 2004 03:17      Profile for Alan!     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about the one where Jimmy Fallon makes out with a different grandma in the back, and pulls her false teeth out?

Jimmy: Souvenir!
All: Score!

(Me: fall off couch laughing)

--------------------
Alan!

Two rabbis, a priest, and an awkward silence after there's no intelligible punch line to this joke, walk into a bar.

Posts: 219 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
angryjungman

Member # 2434

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 24, 2004 05:43      Profile for angryjungman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the one with Sylvester Stallone.

--------------------
Meh.

Posts: 633 | From: princeton, nj | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Al
Mini Geek
Member # 2706

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 24, 2004 14:27      Profile for Al     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Sly one is lovely. I'm blank on any others right now, maybe I'll think of them

--------------------
-al

priscilch
Mini Geek
Member # 2727

Icon 1 posted May 24, 2004 15:16      Profile for priscilch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, the other day, SNL had this great tribute to Christopher Walken! So funny and so weird....
Posts: 53 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ivan
Alpha Geek
Member # 2622

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted May 24, 2004 15:36      Profile for Ivan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the one where the power goes out and the music stops, so they start small talking each other as if they're strangers [Big Grin] [evil]
Posts: 269 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture