homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Looking for Love   » Insanity: The Resurrection

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Insanity: The Resurrection
aberrantgeek
Geek
Member # 2336

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2004 18:02      Profile for aberrantgeek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it just me or does it seem like a lot more guys are desperately posting in this section. It may just be my cynical outlook on the world caused by my low success rate with women or maybe not. Someone told me that geeks tend to be gay, of course maybe this was just his way of hinting something at me. link. Well im sort of rambling on here, uh we have any masochists in the house, besides sconzey....just curious. Maybe I should have put this in the random thread. *thinks about it, stops thinking, and pushes the button*

--------------------
"Everyone's life sucks" -Jerry Seinfield

AIM SN=aberrantgeek

Posts: 106 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2004 22:00      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aberrantgeek:
Someone told me that geeks tend to be gay, of course maybe this was just his way of hinting something at me.

I only met... two gay geeks in the time I have spent around geeky people. That article is pop-psych bull[shavingcream]. Okay, the reason that the companies are in "gay" cities is because they have three things in common that draw both groups: they're old and established; they are culturally diverse; and they have an established upper-middle class, a,k,a, investment money. They also are art centers, financial centers, cultural centers, and educational centers. They encourage different thinking. When I think Minnesota, I don't think "different". I think large Swedish population. And lakes. Lots of lakes.

Anyway, they're all moving to Texas and India, and I don't recall those places being big gay centers. My proof: look at India's population. As for Texas, it's got a reputation for hurting gay people.

Um, just because someone TELLS you you're gay doesn't MAKE you gay.

Here's what I consider to be the Clincher:

Are you sexually aroused by men? Close your eyes, and imagine twenty years from now being in a happy long-term relationship -- everything you've ever idealized. Is the person you're with the same sex or opposite sex? (Spungo, don't Answer!)

Ask any gay person -- if it were as easy to be straight as being told one is, don't you think they'd pass on the heartache, emotional anguish, and self-denial? The gay people I knew would have. However, they also realized that it was who they were: no right, no wrong. They feel the same way about people of their same gender as heterosexual people feel about people of the opposite sex.

So, I ask you, again -- when you think sexually arousing and emotionally entreating, do you think man or woman?

And then, ask yourself, Am I a Geek?

As stupid as what I'm about to write is, "Labels are for jars of pickles. I'm a person."

Jess

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
sconzey
Assimilated
Member # 2347

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2004 10:37      Profile for sconzey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Someone told me that geeks tend to be gay, of course maybe this was just his way of hinting something at me.

I know only one geek who could potentially be gay... There is much debate on this matter, some say he is bi, some completely gay, some only bi-curious...

IMOHO he is straight and is either:
a) Playing gay because its fun to see people's reactions.
b) Considering uhhh 'other paths'... Not bi-curious yet, but thinking about it.

People say I'm gay, so you're not alone... [Wink] I assume its either an insult or wishful thinking on their part... [Razz]

quote:
uh we have any masochists in the house, besides sconzey....just curious.

No, I am not a masochist... I just enjoy coding in perl... Is there anything wrong with that? [Wink]

--------------------
"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent."
--Isaac Asimov

Posts: 490 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2004 11:48      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sconzey:

People say I'm gay, so you're not alone... [Wink] I assume its either an insult or wishful thinking on their part... [Razz]

Unless you're particularly sensitive and have excellent fashion and interior design sense
[Razz]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Spoongirl
Uber Geek
Member # 2143

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2004 12:19      Profile for Spoongirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, moi is a bisexual sadist...

but then again, i'm also a girl, so i guess that doesn't help your problem/question much?

i also don't think that more guys have been posting about loveness that the girls, just that they are catching up and its getting pretty much equal.

love from the tin, Spoonie [Wink]

--------------------
"And we will call it... This Land..."

Posts: 901 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2004 12:37      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a friend of mine is into the theatre buisness and she has a lot of (male) gay friends. They are open about the stuff that they do and for a little while i doubted myself because i enjoyed their company so much. i tried something and found out real fast that i was VERY STRAIGHT. It is not something that we dont talk about but they all know that i am straight and i dont even catch the slight of eye that they may give other men and that is out of pure respect. I respect them and they respect me. but because of the way that i dress, at a first glance one might consider me to be gay. Im no metro-sexual but i do care about how i look.

I guess what i am trying to say is dont knock it till you've tried it and if your sure your straight/gay you still need to respect the other. We are all people and we all deserve respect for who we are.

Nick
Mini Geek
Member # 2413

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2004 15:56      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ya I have a polocy I dont care if they are gay or not until they come onto me. then its a problem.

--------------------
~Blade

Posts: 89 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2004 16:59      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i used to think that way but then i was just in fear of what i did not understand.
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2004 17:16      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nick:
ya I have a polocy I dont care if they are gay or not until they come onto me. then its a problem.

You have to be able to spell policy, before you can have one, homophobe.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2004 17:39      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nick:

That shouldn't be an issue, most gay people prefer guys who have at least a moderate level of education and communication skills.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2004 19:04      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it depends upon how desperate they are.

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2004 20:08      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SpikeSpiegel:
it depends upon how desperate they are.

That explains why you are writing in all 'lower case'.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture