homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » Which is your favorite spacecraft?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Which is your favorite spacecraft?
Shooshie
Geek
Member # 2205

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 19, 2016 18:00      Profile for Shooshie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your poll said:

Of these, which is your favorite spacecraft?
  • Just Read the Instructions.
    Serenity.
    Soyuz.
    Enterprise.
    Millennium Falcon.
    Saturn V.

You left out the FireFly!
And Battlestar Gallactica!
And the Tardis
and... oh, never mind.

Shooshie

Posts: 119 | From: Texas to Nevada... depending. | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted January 20, 2016 02:20      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Serenity is the Firefly ship! Or did you prefer Alliance starships? [Cool]

Heh, I know, there are too many, which is why I had to go back and add the "Of these..."

Klingon warbirds were nice too. :-)

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 20, 2016 07:42      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jupiter II.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 20, 2016 12:59      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like me a nice Klingon Bird of Prey.

And the TARDIS is nice, too, although I think technically it's more of a timespacecraft.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Shooshie
Geek
Member # 2205

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 22, 2016 16:28      Profile for Shooshie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
Serenity is the Firefly ship!

Oh yeah! Well, now I feel better.
Except for the realization that memory is draining from my mind like sand from the top of the hourglass. Why did I think Firefly was the name of the ship? Oh well, it's been a long, long time. I guess it's safe to say they're never bringing that back.

Shoosh

Posts: 119 | From: Texas to Nevada... depending. | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 22, 2016 16:33      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least NetFlix is here to feed my nostalgia. Last night I added both Firefly and Serenity to my queue.

--------------------
Ugh!

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 22, 2016 17:09      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ugh, MightyClub:
At least NetFlix is here to feed my nostalgia. Last night I added both Firefly and Serenity to my queue.

Just got netflix a few days ago, and it's been feeding my nostalgia too.

btw - not sure if it's available on merkin netflix, but check out The Almighty Johnsons - a very nice low-key New Zealand comedy about the Gods of Asgard, a.k.a. the Johnson family of Auckland, New Zealand.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 25, 2016 13:08      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the tip! It's available, and added to my list. Too bad I have such a backlog of stuff already [ohwell]

--------------------
Ugh!

quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2016 15:50      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite was a cardboard box and some imagination.

But still, the Saturn V, that was an impressive piece of hardware.

Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 01, 2016 08:10      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks TFD.

We found the Alimighty Johnsons and added it to out Netflix queue. And so far we have binge watched the first season and half.

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture