homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » By the way… Congratulations!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: By the way… Congratulations!
Shooshie
Geek
Member # 2205

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 27, 2013 00:22      Profile for Shooshie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snaggy and Nitrozac, while discussing how much we all hate the new tapastic site, maybe we've forgotten the most important aspect of it. You guys were asked to get on board a money-making proposition! Congratulations for that! I hope that your years of tireless dedication to the chronicling of our geeky age with your great humor and drawings has finally brought you some much needed rewards of the more creature-comforts variety. You deserve it.

I've always wondered why your comic hadn't been picked up by at least a dozen tech magazines. Everyone who has come along this path knows about Joy of Tech! I've been addicted to it for years and years.

So, I hope others will join me in saying congratulations for the opportunity. Don't worry about the complaints. We'll all learn to appreciate the new place. If they'd just give us the polls, I think we'd feel very little difference, really. (Except I still have to type in the URL to get here to the forums)

Really, disregard the slings and arrows. Stay focused on where you're going, and keep the great cartooning rolling. We'll always love ya!

Shooshie

Posts: 119 | From: Texas to Nevada... depending. | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 27, 2013 12:58      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I second that! [Applause]

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Shooshie
Geek
Member # 2205

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 28, 2013 00:54      Profile for Shooshie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I third the motion!
Posts: 119 | From: Texas to Nevada... depending. | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted February 28, 2013 01:42      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Shooshie, we really appreciate that. :-)

(Find the polls polls via geeklove.com) [Wink]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Papa
Geek
Member # 172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 03, 2013 06:29      Profile for Papa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep up the good work.

--------------------
Papa
Keeper of The Book

Posts: 173 | From: Syracuse, NY, USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted March 07, 2013 23:43      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! I had already been noticing that Joy of Tech seemed to have some primo positioning on the Tapastic home page. Then today I got an email from them calling out our Benevolent Dictators as the top artist for February. And by the looks of things March is off to a good start as well.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 08, 2013 11:19      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed, we rock! [Razz]

But seriously, you can see why we had to go for it. That Tapastic payout is about 10X more than our monthly ad sales. Game changing for us.
(Too bad they are only paying that for the next couple of months) [ohwell]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture