homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » Great Portrait of Steve

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Great Portrait of Steve
Shooshie
Geek
Member # 2205

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 06, 2011 10:29      Profile for Shooshie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't believe he's no longer with us. But his legacy will continue to shape our lives for the foreseeable future.

Rest Peacefully, Steve; you did more than your part. I just hope the world can continue to build on what you did. Reality Distortion Field? Is that just another phrase for "visionary?" When people are shown what they cannot see, they think it's distortion of reality. Time passes, and it becomes reality itself. Time for people to own up to admiring the man who inspired greatness… and whose own greatness provoked petty jealousies among those who just couldn't stand to see the world changing.

As he said in the Stanford speech a few years back, you can only connect the dots in hindsight. Now that we are connecting the dots traced out by the life and career of Steve Jobs, the picture only becomes more and more amazing. It's almost too much to grasp. How can one man change the world so many times?

Nitrozac, your portrait is great. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Shooshie

Posts: 116 | From: Texas to Nevada... depending. | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
SandmanUSMC
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 41962

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 06, 2011 15:11      Profile for SandmanUSMC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agree Shooshie, he will be sorely missed.

Nitrozac, great portrait.

I'm new to these forums, but have enjoyed the Joy of Tech comics for a few years now. Bar none they're the best tech cartoons out there.

Some Apple history for you that I shared with Snaggy: Steve's design team have used our software (Siemens PLM - NX) to design all the new Apple products the last several years, and we even compiled a version of NX just for them that runs on MAC. We have never done this for another customer. We are proud of their fine work and know they will continue to design his legacy of designing fine products.

Needless to say, we tilt our hats to Steve for all his fine work, and to all of his creative colleagues at Apple.

RIP Steve.

Cheers,

Joseph

Posts: 1 | From: Chesterfield, MO | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 07, 2011 11:01      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Telegraph has a nice selection of tribute art too

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/picture-galleries/8810128/Steve-Jobs-art-fans-artists-and-designers-pay-tribute-to-the-Apple-co-founder.html

Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
joliet_jane
Alpha Geek
Member # 818

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted October 17, 2011 14:16      Profile for joliet_jane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know what? It wasn't until seeing the Oct. 9 JOT that I really believed that Steve is gone.
http://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/joyarchives/1601.html

I knew that he had passed away, but I didn't feel it until then.

But it was a funny comic too. Work ethic and drive to excellence is what I'll remember Steve for, not iDevices. [Happytears]

--------------------
Please Visit http://www.wideweb.com/phonetrips/
And for Phun on the Phone:
http://www.Telephone-Entertainment.com/

Posts: 330 | From: PA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture