homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » A beautiful tribute....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A beautiful tribute....
Jennisuzan
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 30519

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted August 26, 2011 15:04      Profile for Jennisuzan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today's comic was very touching... I was shocked to read that Steve is stepping down as CEO. I hope he recovers, but I admit I fear the worst. I do appreciate all he has done, and I hope those who follow will take the same path he has.

Thanks Steve!

Posts: 1 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 28, 2011 16:21      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Jennisuzan!

Yeah, it was a tough week for us here in Canada. First Jack Layton dies (our much beloved Opposition Leader) , then Jobs resigns. [Frown]

Posts: 7803 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Shooshie
Mini Geek
Member # 2205

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 10, 2011 01:05      Profile for Shooshie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In regard to this strip:
http://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/joyarchives/1582b.html

I've been working in New York for a few weeks, and while I had my iPad, I was too busy to access the comics. Just catching up now. SO I had to add my thanks to the strip about Steve Jobs, taking us from the old 128K Mac to an iPad (which I cannot live without now), and thanking him for it.

I'm so completely indebted to Steve for giving me all these life options that would never have happened without him. I chose the path with the Macs (and iPods and iPads), and it has made all the difference. What a wonderful world they have made!

Thanks Steve, and thanks Snaggy and Nitrozac for helping put it into print so concisely.

Shooshie

Posts: 72 | From: Texas to Nevada... depending. | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2014 Geek Culture® All Rights Reserved.