homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » screwpocalypse

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: screwpocalypse
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 24, 2011 00:05      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That JoT was just screwy.

( sorry, but with all of the screw double entendre and or adianoeta, I had to start a thread to start punning it.)

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted January 24, 2011 09:04      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obviously I have a screw loose (or perhaps one too tight!)
 -

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 24, 2011 09:57      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ If you use some gasket sealer on the threads they may loosen but will not fall out.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5835 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 24, 2011 11:55      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talk about screwing up, look a the freshes 15 posts page, I double postd this topic.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 24, 2011 11:58      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ So what one do you want us to reply to????

You aren't the first and doubt you will be the last..

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5835 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nitrozac

Benevolent Dictator!
Member # 111

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted January 24, 2011 13:21      Profile for Nitrozac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK OK, quit putting the thumbscrews on me! I'll fix that duplicate screw-up!

seconds later...

OK OK, I screwed down that duplicated to the dustbin of history. It's screwed!

Sheesh, a gal just can't screw around anymore without having to screw up her courage and fix something.

Now screw off and have some fun! [Big Grin]

TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 24, 2011 13:56      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ Just like a woman go fix some thing that ain't broke, now readers will wonder what we were talking about, sheesh just like when we were kids the moms would show up and spoil our fun, well notting to see here might as well go home.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 24, 2011 14:30      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pentalobe, how I dislike you. The delays and costs you incurred when you were installed in the MBP 15. How you caused more delays with the new MBA... Now you threaten my repair times with iPhone4....

May you rust and disintegrate in short time....

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 24, 2011 21:45      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmb: Are they really that much harder to work with?

(Did you previously use a screwgun or something?)

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 24, 2011 22:18      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dman, Apple Service mentioned nothing about fasteners until the service manuals came out... So not till a week or two after product shipment. Then to add insult to injury some repairs started coming in... then you find out then that they have the damn pentalobe.... then you have to order the damn tool. So one for the MBP 15 battery.... then a smaller one for the MBA.... Seeing as iPhone is solely serviced by Apple, they will not be offering this new microscopic one. So now, any out of warranty service on newer model iPhone 4's will be delayed due to this damn fastener...

sigh....

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

macmcseboy

Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 24, 2011 22:22      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[img] http://img.search.com/thumb/4/43/BCTV_1990%27s_Logo.svg/120px-BCTV_1990%27s_Logo.svg.png [/img]

I think this where Apple was inspired for the Pentalobe. The ancient logo for BCTV... now CTV Global Vancouver or CHAN-TV

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 25, 2011 06:44      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nevermind, nothing to see here, move along.

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture