homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » JoyPoll on new iPhone features (9 April 2010)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: JoyPoll on new iPhone features (9 April 2010)
jqubed
Maximum Newbie
Member # 7897

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted April 09, 2010 19:50      Profile for jqubed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would've voted that the best thing is these features are coming to other phones, except my Droid already has multitasking, folders, wallpapers… [Razz]

--------------------
Unabashed Windows Fan
I employ ellipses extensively...

Posts: 10 | From: The States | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted April 09, 2010 22:18      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I needed an <irony> tag there.
Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 09, 2010 22:49      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah...and a BB using acquaintance looked at the feature list and basically noted a bunch of features seemingly brought over from BB. [Razz]

Except for the fact that some apps will probably only run on 4.0 at some point, I'm not too bothered by the fact that I won't be able to run this...the ad stuff sounds supremely obnoxious.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 10, 2010 07:52      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The one that fascinated me was the Enterprise deployment without the use of iTunes. But one of our Mac Devs informed me that there was some ridiculous number of phones that had to be on the network before you even could use that feature.

So our software still has to go through iTunes, still can't be well configured, etc. etc.

So close, yet still so very far.

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Zwilnik

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 615

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 10, 2010 09:41      Profile for Zwilnik   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CommanderShroom:
The one that fascinated me was the Enterprise deployment without the use of iTunes. But one of our Mac Devs informed me that there was some ridiculous number of phones that had to be on the network before you even could use that feature.

So our software still has to go through iTunes, still can't be well configured, etc. etc.

So close, yet still so very far.

If it's an app that you're just needing for use within your office, you can always do straightforward ad-hoc builds for your up to 100 provisioned devices and never actually need to submit it to the App Store. Essentially it's the same as you'd do for giving builds to your testers.

--------------------
The Universe is entirely made up of elements.
The most important of which is the element of surprise.

Posts: 1040 | From: West Sussex, UK | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 10, 2010 09:49      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True, but it really isn't the idea.

I work with a software company, and so the Enterprise solution idea sounded like a great supplemental way of managing and installing the software without the Apple approval garbage. But the hurdles means it is probably not a direction that we'll be going in any time soon.

For an Enterprise solution, the iPhone in general really is ass. And after almost a year of owning an iPhone, I still am wholly unimpressed. TBH, I still think the blackberry does work stuff better. Now, the browse the internet you tube f-in off thing. The iPhone has it beat hands down.

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
jqubed
Maximum Newbie
Member # 7897

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted April 11, 2010 13:40      Profile for jqubed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
I needed an <irony> tag there.

I should've figured that. I just read it as blind kool-aid support of the iPhone as cutting edge.

--------------------
Unabashed Windows Fan
I employ ellipses extensively...

Posts: 10 | From: The States | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture