homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » Funeral Playlist... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Funeral Playlist...
Mr. Geek 2U
Alpha Geek
Member # 28663

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted October 15, 2009 14:12      Profile for Mr. Geek 2U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
What would be on your funeral playlist? [Razz]

Ha-ha-ha, Mr. Snaggy!

You are so funny! Funny, funny, funny!

You post what would be on my funeral list on the very day I get Dx with CANCER!

CANCER! Hello-o-o-o-o!

LOL! Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat all over my computer screen and keyboard! I laugh so hard.

You do children's shows and corporate events, too?

Hey, just bustin' your prostate gland there, Mr. Snaggy! Really.

Bet I had you going there, eh? (As they say in Canadia!)

Heck, I rented The Bucket List, Dead Man Walking and The Unbearable Lightness of Being that night. Mrs. Geek 2Me did not think that was funny, but I did!

My bucket list? I mean funeral play list?

Well I did have some time to think about a serious list:

Start Me Up -- The Rolling Stones

I Feel Good -- James Brown

Topsy -- The Blue Wisp Big Band (so upbeat with VanOhlen banging out a jumpin' beat on the skins!)

I'm Coming Home -- Collective Soul

Unchained Melody -- The Righteous Brothers (from Ghost, just to let Mrs. Geek 2Me! know my love for her did not die)

Ave Maria -- Franz Schubert version

Hallelujah Chorus -- Handel's Messiah

Ode to Joy -- Beethoven's 9th Symphony

So Long, Farewell -- The Sound of Music

That is it for now, Mr. Snaggy. I hope you took no offence with me pulling your leg there in the beginning!

Ha! Ha! Ha!

Have a great day!

Mr. Geek 2U!

--------------------
My friends call me Skippy

Posts: 260 | From: Kalamazoo | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted October 15, 2009 21:09      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr. Geek 2U, the day after we posted that funeral mix comic, I discovered a friend's mom had died suddenly, and that my friend had posted about looking through the most popular songs on her Mom's iPod. [ohwell]

Laugh every chance you can.

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. Geek 2U
Alpha Geek
Member # 28663

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 16, 2009 00:45      Profile for Mr. Geek 2U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr. Snaggy, Hello!

Do not worry!

No offence!

I was not offended by your topic. No Sir-e-e-e! I really thought it was funny.

With what has happened to me, I figg'rd I should take some time and really think about those songs be-cause I might need them soon. So I did!

My sister told me she thought the list was really good and I must have thought about it a real long time. And I did!

I hope your friend's Mom had time to say good bye, and laugh and go with a smile! That is my plan.

I am using up a whole lifetime of laughs before I go. No kidding there!

Have a great day!

Mr. Geek 2U

--------------------
My friends call me Skippy

Posts: 260 | From: Kalamazoo | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 16, 2009 03:06      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

____ Ah the string of life, we all get one at birth, however we never know how long it is. While we are young it seems to go on forever. Then some of our friends or parents die and see that maybe this string is not as long as we thought. Some of us go off to a war and start to believe that our string is very short, then somehow we come home. Our age doubles from then and we start to see that we should have done some things in our life much differently than we did. More years add-on and the infirmities of life start to add up, we start looking at what was the average life span of my Aunts and Uncles where is my string, what can I do better, that would stretch this string, out for some decades.

____ String shorteners, at least mine

____ A: High Blood pressure
____ B: High Cholesterol
____ C: BMI of 34
____ D: Had Cancer, not yet totally considered a Survivor.

____ So do I have twenty more years of string. I want to have.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture