homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » The Apollo 11 Comic

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Apollo 11 Comic
Shooshie
Mini Geek
Member # 2205

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 20, 2009 00:32      Profile for Shooshie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was a great take on the disbelievers of the moon landing, guys! And kudos for the allusion to 2001, A Space Odyssey. As always, it's a great pleasure to be able to come here and enjoy comics that think as I do.

Shooshie

Posts: 72 | From: Texas to Nevada... depending. | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted July 20, 2009 10:24      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks Shooshie! [Big Grin]

I had an email from someone saying I have the phase of the Earth wrong, but according to my googley research, I think it's close.

http://www.cosmos4kids.com/extras/dtop_earth/moonearth_580.jpg

http://tinyurl.com/earthfrommoon

Posts: 7803 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 20, 2009 16:19      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was during the Earth of the Popping Rocks that the aliens came. They wore white. They planted a flag and left. Many Earths later, thy came back. Again and again and again. And then finally they never came back at all. We never understood why they came in the first place, or what they were looking for, though they never failed to take some of our rock and dust with us. They left bits of themselves behind, including their flag. We keep wondering if they'll come to collect their garbage, but they never have and the old ones say they never will. They young ones say they never existed in the first place. Even though they left their junk behind.

Sorry. Couldn't resist. Carry on.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7667 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 20, 2009 19:30      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
N+S: That's awesome! Cheers for a much needed laugh.

It's a pity I didn't see that until now. [Razz]

Well, I'll just call that a cherry on top of TW!

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9195 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Shooshie
Mini Geek
Member # 2205

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 21, 2009 14:59      Profile for Shooshie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
[QB] thanks Shooshie! [Big Grin]

I had an email from someone saying I have the phase of the Earth wrong, but according to my googley research, I think it's close.

Maybe what the critic really meant was that given the phase you exhibited, the shadows would have been wrong, or that they wouldn't have needed the lights, or... who knows? It worked for me! Without the familiar view of the earth, people might not have gathered that it was the moon. And without the lights and camera there would have been no joke, so I think it was perfectly drawn. How could it have been any different without losing some important element? It's a comic, not an atlas!

...er... anti-critic rant over. I'm sure the writer meant well, or was just doing what geeks do. Just don't ever mess up a depiction of Boba Fett, or the phase of the Death Star; then you'll get a hailstorm of email critics and Wookieepedia references! [Big Grin]

Shoosh

Posts: 72 | From: Texas to Nevada... depending. | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 21, 2009 17:57      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a little thing called artistic license, you know! [Razz]

The best way to sum my views on this come from /.:

*whoosh*

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9195 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2014 Geek Culture® All Rights Reserved.