homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » Raging

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Raging
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 04, 2009 15:10      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought today's comic "A Picture of Rage" might have been about the whole Christian Bale rage out on the set of Terminator IV. After hearing the audio of it, I'll never go see another movie with that jackass in it again. He's an a-hole supreme. There's absolutely no reason to treat someone like that.
Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 04, 2009 17:19      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't heard the audio at this point, but I'm not sure I really care that much.

Some people take their work seriously, no matter what it is, and will get pretty angry if someone carelessly screws it up. The screaming and yelling probably wasn't appropriate, but it may have been understandable if put in context. I don't really know, but I'm not comfortable judging him without knowing the full situation.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 05, 2009 09:33      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bale did overeact, however, The DoP walked into the the shot, ruining the scene. This would make ANY actor flip. The DoP's responsibility failed in this respect. But what do you expect from the Welsh [Wink]

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 05, 2009 10:44      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GMx:
There's absolutely no reason to treat someone like that.

After hearing a little more about the incident, I'm feeling more sympathetic to Bale. First of all, no one should be wandering around the set while they're shooting, second, the Director of Photography wandering away from the cameras and monitors is like your boss leaving in the middle of an important meeting to go to Starbucks. He could have handled it better, but the anger was justified.
Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 05, 2009 12:31      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Threatening to "kick his ass" was justified? He was working on a movie about robots taking over the world. It's not like he was making Citizen Kane.
Here it is http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_audio/020209_christianbale.mp3

And I think most people would be happy if their boss left a meeting. [Wink]

Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 05, 2009 14:19      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TO be upset over what the man did is entirely understandable. Pehaps one might even have to walk of to take a few deep breaths somewhere. But christian Bale lost control, over somethign that in the end is relatively minor. People have fucked me over at work. I have never lost control.

THe poitn is not whether bale was right to be mad, but wehter he shuld grow up or not.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 05, 2009 14:53      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the famous Bill O'Reilly outburst was way funnier, as Bill clealy didn't know what the hell he was talking about.

At least Bale won't have the future quandary of whether or not to take that Disney voice-over gig.

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 05, 2009 16:32      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
I thought the famous Bill O'Reilly outburst was way funnier, as Bill clealy didn't know what the hell he was talking about.

FUCK IT WE'LL DO IT LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:
Threatening to "kick his ass" was justified?
No. Threats were not justified, but I can see why he got angry.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 06, 2009 00:20      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:

Originally posted by spungo:

FUCK IT WE'LL DO IT LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

Which reminds me.

They make a lovely couple [Razz]

--------------------
"arm, aber geeky"

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
deathweaver
Geek Larva
Member # 24253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 06, 2009 12:29      Profile for deathweaver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wired link

Well, I'm going to chime in here. I haven't heard the audio, but I have heard some of the quotes from his little tirade. Did he go too far? That's a matter of opinion. I know that when I get that angry, I'm either going to walk off for some deep breaths, or somebody is really going to get it. They may or may not deserve the full brunt of the situation. However, it takes the bigger man to admit his mistakes and apologize. I posted a link to him actually being the bigger man.

Posts: 24 | From: CA, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2009 15:30      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know... I'd actually like to know what the interrupted scene was before passing judgement.

In action movies, the actors and actresses have scenes where they're called on to act like they're angry, scared, violent... all sorts of intense emotions. That doesn't come easily and they have to psych themselves up for it to make it appear real, so I can believe his explanation.

Plus, the audio does have him shouting about the scene being interrupted for the second time. The first time we don't have audio for, so I imagine it was a lot tamer.

*shrug*

That said, at least there's an awesome dance mix (obviously NSFW due to language)

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted February 06, 2009 19:06      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That remix HAS to be released commercially. It'll blow the dancefloor.

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted February 08, 2009 11:32      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christian Bale takes David to the dentist...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70r-Ca8wcVg&feature=channel

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture