homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » Mirror image in the Cartoon Universe

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mirror image in the Cartoon Universe
supaboy
SuperFan!
Member # 183

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 20, 2009 20:19      Profile for supaboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obama and Roberts were on opposite sides from where they were depicted in the comic.

I know: I was there in the Real World, where unlike the Cartoon Universe, the Oath of Office got slightly mangled. [Smile]

Also, the subtitles on the Jumbotron screens said "CHEESE AND APPLAUSE" once. My sister and I burst out laughing at the same time, but it happened so fast we had to make sure we'd both seen the same thing. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1767 | From: Columbia, SC USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted January 20, 2009 20:36      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you were there Supa? wow nice.

Researching the comic, we went back through past inaugurations, seeing what side the different Presidents were on, and decided, hmmm, Obama will probably want to be on the right side, like Kennedy was during his swear-in. Alas, Obama was on the left in real life. There was also a debate about open or closed Lincoln bible... luckily we got that right... (closed). [Smile]

Michelle's gold dress threw us for a loop though. [Razz]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mac Geek
Geek-in-Training
Member # 25023

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 21, 2009 17:29      Profile for Mac Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe that was the Evil Obama (wait no, he didn't have a beard) Never mind.

Jonathan

--------------------
Mac Geek Member # 25023
"I am not a Number, I am a FREE MAN"

Posts: 33 | From: Brooklyn, NY | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted January 21, 2009 20:03      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah! I see they re-did the oath to get Obama on the correct side! [Big Grin]

-

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted January 22, 2009 12:52      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How could a famous stickler for grammar have bungled that 35-word passage, among the best-known words in the Constitution?

Oaf of Office:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/22/opinion/22pinker.html

supaboy
SuperFan!
Member # 183

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 22, 2009 18:28      Profile for supaboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
Ah! I see they re-did the oath to get Obama on the correct side! [Big Grin]

So, just how much influence regarding these things do y'all have, anyway?!?
[Eek!]

Posts: 1767 | From: Columbia, SC USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture