homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » A toast to DigitalBill

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A toast to DigitalBill
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted October 04, 2008 08:34      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's been two years since Bill died, and I still miss him like crazy.

Here's to you DB. Thank you for your friendship, your kind heart, and your laughter. [Happytears]

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 04, 2008 09:24      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____________________ Digital Bill __ I always liked his segments on The Screen Savers, along with the rest off that group. Patrick, Leo, Sara and all the others that have become faded memories. I once in a while turn to G4 to see if they have improved, nope same old pablum. So I hope that the network big wigs see this post and figure out that there is an unfilled need for Geek TV. Because vast areas of this world only have dial-up, you would think that web designers and TV networks would keep that in mind, ever catch just the last few seconds of a news story and try to get a transcript of the story.

____Digital Bill __ You are missed.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5835 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 04, 2008 11:45      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me raises a Timmys in DB's memory

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Double D
Geek Larva
Member # 786

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 04, 2008 20:00      Profile for Double D   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's to you, Digital Bill, my brother! I wore my kilt and various Apple-logo-bedecked items in your honor. I'm still subscribed.
[Happytears]
Love you, bro.

--------------------
--D2--

"Love is the nonpossessive delight in the particularities of the other." -- Dr. James E. Loder

Posts: 20 | From: West-By-God-Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
supaboy
SuperFan!
Member # 183

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 05, 2008 19:10      Profile for supaboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I kept a copy of iTunes subscribed to the Wizards of Technology podcast until my co-workers re-imaged my laptop (it had been blue-screening on a regular basis and they wanted to repair it while I was out of commission due to an injury).

I still tell people who say they don't understand some technology, "Don't worry. I'm a geek, so that you don't have to be."

Posts: 1767 | From: Columbia, SC USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Nitrozac

Benevolent Dictator!
Member # 111

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted October 05, 2008 20:54      Profile for Nitrozac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think about him a lot, and wish he was here. *sigh* [weep]

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture