homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » Superhero Movie Giveaway (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Superhero Movie Giveaway
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted July 01, 2008 18:23      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Note: GIVEAWAY IS NOW OVER!

Time for another great giveaway! And this time we are giving away 2 copies of the new DVD release of Superhero Movie.

Synopsis
After being bitten by a genetically altered dragonfly and gaining superhero abilities, high school student Rick Riker uses his incredible strength and armored skin to become the masked crime fighter known as "The Dragonfly.” Standing in the way of the good-doer is the villainous Lou Landers, a.k.a "The Hourglass" who holds the power to steal a person's life force. With unimaginable strength, unbelievable speed and deeply uncomfortable tights, “Dragonfly” attempts to stop the sands of “The Hourglass” and save the world.

Sounds unmissable, doesn't it. [Big Grin]

OK, I want that. How do I enter?
Easy! All you have to do is post a reply to this Forum thread, and you're in on the giveaway. And, if you are a SuperFan, you can enter again in the SuperFan Forum and you get twice the odds to win!

Wait a sec, to heck with that, since they are SUPERfans, they will get even better odds... I will chose one super winner from the SuperFan Forum, and one from this thread. So there.

Giveaway ends on Monday July 7th at 9PM Pacific. One entry, per person, per thread only please, or you will be disqualified.

More info and pretty picture of the DVD here.

Good luck!

Note to winners... Nitrozac and I may pre-view one of the copies in order to determine if it's working OK. [Razz]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2008 18:46      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What the heck... I'm in.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 01, 2008 19:08      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oooooohhhhh!! Me too!

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 01, 2008 19:14      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like to wear my underwear on the outside.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 01, 2008 19:32      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May as well.

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted July 01, 2008 19:36      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooooo pick me! Pick me!

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted July 01, 2008 20:27      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm feeling lucky!

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Papa
Geek
Member # 172

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted July 01, 2008 23:26      Profile for Papa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:

Sounds unmissable, doesn't it. [Big Grin]

Sounds silly, but what the hey; I'll try anyway.

--------------------
Papa
Keeper of The Book

Posts: 173 | From: Syracuse, NY, USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 02, 2008 00:00      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up and atom!

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Night Q. Hand
Geek-in-Training
Member # 19080

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 02, 2008 03:51      Profile for Night Q. Hand   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in...

--------------------
Human intelligence has a limit, for some it's higher, for some lower (J. Heinzelmann)

Posts: 31 | From: Münsingen, Germany | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
angryjungman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2434

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 02, 2008 05:04      Profile for angryjungman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Post, eggs, sausage and post. That's not got much post in it.

--------------------
Meh.

Posts: 633 | From: princeton, nj | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 02, 2008 05:13      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let me ask myself if I'm feeling lucky... well, not so much, but, what the hey [Razz]

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2008 05:21      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've got spam, spam, spam, post and spam... with beans.
Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
CoyoteSD39
Geek Larva
Member # 10138

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2008 05:40      Profile for CoyoteSD39     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in!

--------------------
Ack. Hairball.

Posts: 29 | From: In the Heart of the Seven Mountains | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
NoRealReason
Mini Geek
Member # 6992

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 02, 2008 07:44      Profile for NoRealReason   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SPOON!!!
Posts: 70 | From: Never you mind | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2008 09:59      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*cough*

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 02, 2008 10:10      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could use a laugh. [Big Grin]

(I can always use a laugh. [crazy] )

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 02, 2008 10:48      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:

Last time we were together you weren't wearing underwear at all. what gives?

wait.. what?

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 02, 2008 15:14      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh go on then... after all nothing to lose but our dignity [Big Grin]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tech Angel
Alpha Geek
Member # 908

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 02, 2008 16:44      Profile for Tech Angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure! I love anything superhero-ey. Used to be one, in fact, before I changed careers. [Wink]

--------------------
We must be the change we want to see in the world. -Mahatma Ghandi

Posts: 330 | From: the Great State of Confusion | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 02, 2008 18:07      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I prefer mine inside-out. Those seems are just sooo annoying...

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 02, 2008 19:19      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hooray for giveaways!

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
stringlion
Mini Geek
Member # 4767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 03, 2008 13:25      Profile for stringlion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this movie looks so funny!
Posts: 94 | From: NYS, US | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
muttnik
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 19442

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted July 05, 2008 19:57      Profile for muttnik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After well over a year browsing this site and nearly as long lurking on this forum it's time to de-lurk. I really want a shot at this movie!

Beside I've been reading long enough to know I stand better than fair chance the people (otherkin included though I don't know about any furs) here can deal with my....er....non-conformity. And sorry no I'm not a elf wanting so badly to be a dentist, nor fur, nor otherkin. Nothing THAT simple!

P.S. To give credit where credit is due the quote below comes from fit 14 in Richard Adams "Watership Down" titled "Like trees in November." As you get to know me better you'll understand just how much that author has meant to my life.

Posts: 3 | From: Central Ohio | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 05, 2008 20:07      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by garlicguy:
quote:

I prefer mine inside-out. Those seems are just sooo annoying...
Underwear goes inside the pants boys.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture