homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » Jayce and The Wheeled Warriors Giveaway!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jayce and The Wheeled Warriors Giveaway!
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted March 19, 2008 09:08      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Time for another great giveaway! And this time we are giving away TWO 4-disc sets featuring season one of the action packed '80's cartoon Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors.

Synopsis:
When a solar flare wreaks havoc on his botanical experiments, Jayce's father is forced to flee from his accidental creations: Saw Boss and his band of ruthless mutated plant life called the Monster Minds. Now it's up to Jayce, joined by the valiant Lightning League, to reunite with his father and combine the two halves of the magic Root amulet—the only object capable of purging the universe of Saw Boss and his army forever.

Based on the popular line of Mattel toys, and scripted by acclaimed writers such as J. Michael Straczynski (creator of Babylon 5), the first 33 episodes of Jayce and The Wheeled Warriors finally make their way to DVD, taking nostalgic action to a whole new level!

Don't remember Jayce? Check out the media on the main contest page.

OK, I want that. How do I enter?
Easy! All you have to do is post a reply to this Forum thread, and you're in on the giveaway. And, if you are a SuperFan, you can enter again in the SuperFan Forum and you get twice the odds to win!

Giveaway ends on Tuesday March 25th at 9PM Pacific. One entry, per person, per thread only please, or you will be disqualified.

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 19, 2008 09:49      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Modern cartoons suck! Old shows are teh rulezorz!!!!

I mean, er, count me in [Smile]

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1739 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted March 19, 2008 10:00      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neat! More '80s vintage!

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 19, 2008 11:32      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll take a stab at it.
Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
AnastasiaFall
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 15842

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted March 19, 2008 14:24      Profile for AnastasiaFall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is too sweet to pass up! Count me in! [Big Grin]
BooBooKitty

Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 19, 2008 15:12      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uhm... okay!
Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Papa
Geek
Member # 172

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted March 19, 2008 22:22      Profile for Papa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I'll give it a try. Maybe I'll get lucky again.

--------------------
Papa
Keeper of The Book

Posts: 173 | From: Syracuse, NY, USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
angryjungman

Member # 2434

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 20, 2008 04:13      Profile for angryjungman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SYN

--------------------
Meh.

Posts: 633 | From: princeton, nj | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 20, 2008 05:28      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ACK

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted March 20, 2008 11:53      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gun ====> Puppy

Clear?

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
umthula
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 15887

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted March 20, 2008 12:24      Profile for umthula   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This has got to be the coolest show from the 80's. (It's my favorite one anyway, and I was a huge 80's cartoon geek back in the day). Please count me in for the giveaway. :-)

If anybody wants more info on the show, I've got a fansite at: http://www.wheelies.net/

Drew
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 15855

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 20, 2008 14:32      Profile for Drew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fine... for *this*, I'll register.
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2008 05:28      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chance no. 2 taken

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1936 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
gt
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 15984

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted March 22, 2008 16:28      Profile for gt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember Jayce and the wheeled warriors when it was new! That show was awesome! It later inspired my mate and I at university to conduct experiments with rotting vegetation in the flat. Our experiments weren't quite as successful as Jayce's fathers, although our creations were pretty vile they never develop intelligence above that of maggot, not nearly enough to take over the world.
Posts: 1 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Volt
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 16056

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2008 10:12      Profile for Volt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh maaaan. I loved this show when I was younger. It was definitely one of my favourite cartoons back in the day. There's no way I can pass this one up.
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2008 12:34      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't say I remember the show, but it sounds a little too good to pass on the contest.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
nesmap
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 15898

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 25, 2008 03:26      Profile for nesmap     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I remember early mornings in the 80s getting up just to watch this show

Good times [Big Grin]

Mr. Dave
Geek
Member # 1977

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 25, 2008 15:47      Profile for Mr. Dave     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't say I remember it - I think it was after my time [blush] but free stuff is good stuff...

It also seems you've lured a fair number of lurkers out of the WANwork. Hi, new people! Welcome to the forums!

--------------------
I'm not normally like this, but then I'm not normally normal.

Posts: 193 | From: Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted March 25, 2008 20:08      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
contest is now closed... after tonight's JoT update, and a visit to random.org, I'll post the winners [Smile]
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 25, 2008 21:01      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YaYawoman and BooBooKitty take them!

[Applause]

I'll be contacting the winners via email... to the rest of you, best of luck the next time!

BooBooKitty

Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 26, 2008 04:35      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woooooooooooooo!!! I won something!

Maybe I should buy a ticket for tonight's Lotto 6/49 draw! [Big Grin]

BooBooKitty

Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 20, 2008 04:35      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got the prize in the mail the other day. Thanks!!!

[Big Grin]

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture