homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » JoT Cameo at Macworld

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: JoT Cameo at Macworld
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted January 15, 2008 11:59      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being the geek that I am, I couldn't help but notice a Joy of Tech webclip shown in one of the keynote slides for the iPhone enhancements. I think the slide was supposed to show how to remove items from your iPhone homepage, but Engadget didn't explicitly caption the shot.

Anyway... Woohoo!

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1673 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted January 15, 2008 12:20      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
whoa cool! I hope that is true! [Applause] [Geek] [Big Grin]

holy cow it is...!

-

Posts: 7836 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Nitrozac

Benevolent Dictator!
Member # 111

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 15, 2008 12:43      Profile for Nitrozac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow! OMG! I'm squealing in delight! [Happytears]
Ugh, MightyClub
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 15, 2008 13:05      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm... It looks like the "Superpoke Extreme" comic even. Nice and recent. Kindof funny / ironic how a Facebook webclip is also in the shot though, if it really is the Superpoke comic [Big Grin]

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1673 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted January 15, 2008 13:24      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yep, it's our superpoke extreme comic.

and even cooler for me, I was the model for the character. :-)
So that means I've made the cover of Macworld UK, and cameoed on Steve Jobs's iPhone. [Big Grin]

Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 15, 2008 14:43      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He he he,

Now you can truly say you once appeared on stage with SJ at a MWSF keynote! How cool is that!

Oh and the onscreen shot showed that you can now configure upto 9 "Home" screens all of which are user configurable... (SJ moved a new Webclip (the NYT one if you are remotely interested) from the "base home page" to his page of webclips...

And yes the Keynote was to coin an SJ term "awesome" just finishe watching it on the QT stream from Apple's pages

Not too sure what Randy Newman was all about - but I noticed some shaking there - either he was mighty "stage frighted" or perhaps the signs of Parkinsons Disease?

Anyway - the keynote was full of "stuff" much of which the pundits "knew" or had guessed as 90%+ likely... only the Time Capsule was not widely predicted - though Gruber nailed it on Daring Fireball yesterday - only one to get it to my knowledge (but at such short notice maybe he had an inside tip?)

The MacBook Air - well that has been tipped for a long time (mostly as the "thin" and yes it is mightily THIN!!!)

Anything to make me want to blow some cash? Time Capsule is very nice... most of the rest of it - all good and cool and great and all that but not anything to float my boat. AppleTV "take 2" with "no Mac/PC required" could just be a real winner though - possibly a new wave "iPod" and something that just builds and builds as a consumer electronics "home user" must have...

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1924 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 15, 2008 16:28      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<total dork moment>

JoT was just on G4!!!

</total dork moment>

Well, on the iPhone screen... but still... I was excited about it.

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
NoRealReason
Mini Geek
Member # 6992

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted January 15, 2008 18:24      Profile for NoRealReason   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Totally awesome. Congrats!
Posts: 70 | From: Never you mind | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted January 15, 2008 18:49      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just wondering what nom de post Mr. Jobs is using here in Geek Culture.

Hmmmmmmm. I'm thinkin' it's Mo-Man. [Wink]

Kudos.

Colonel Panic

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Shooshie
Mini Geek
Member # 2205

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 15, 2008 22:52      Profile for Shooshie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Totally Cool, guys! Personally, I think JOT should be the official comic of Apple. Not sure what that means... maybe the comic they store in their screensavers? I guess in the digital age we don't pin things up on cubicle walls anymore, do we? But at least they could make sure that it's on every iPhone!

Well, I hope that wasn't your 15 minutes of fame. Something tells me it's only the beginning.

Shooshie

Posts: 74 | From: Texas to Nevada... depending. | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted January 16, 2008 05:55      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to burst your bubble, but if Mr. Jobs has JoT on his iPhone, it's to react quickly in case he wants to launch another "cease-and-desist"... [Roll Eyes]

Just kidding. It might just be that he has a sense of humour, after all! [Big Grin]

Now, the real question is: how much more traffic will this cameo bring to the comic - and the forum?

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted January 16, 2008 08:35      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ha ha Stereo!

I doubt we'll get much traffic as a result, since it was only onscreen for a few seconds, and in the keynote video from Apple, it's really hard to see unless you know the Engadget photo already.

But that won't stop me from telling everyone I know. [Razz]

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted January 16, 2008 10:00      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kara Swisher gave us a nice un-bitter blurb. :-)

Joy of Tech’s 15 Seconds of Macworld Fame!

zorgon
Assimilated
Member # 546

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted January 17, 2008 10:36      Profile for zorgon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bet Steve J reads JoT every day to gauge the mood of the (larger) community. Because JoT is tapped into the main vein.

Seriously, the funny is obviously your first priority, but the issues are there, too. When Steve is being Bad Steve you call him on it, and make us all laugh to boot.

You two are more awesome than you know ... !

Posts: 385 | From: Beautiful Uptown Goleta | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2014 Geek Culture® All Rights Reserved.