homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » Netscape comic

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Netscape comic
Retropier
Maximum Newbie
Member # 2244

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted January 02, 2008 10:39      Profile for Retropier   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was beautiful.. the shooting stars panel raised sweet memories of Netscape 2.0 on Win3.11, which I remember from the dawn of my internet. It had such a beautiful "working" indicator. I remembered it fondly, because it was much better than the boring image of the dreaded Mosaic I had until then (in Mosaic, the browser locked and wouldn't let you scroll after you clicked a link. That was so annoying!)

And besides of some formatting issues and AJAX, nothing has much changed since these days.

I wonder how hard is it to put the "working" indicator to Netscape into Firefox.

Posts: 14 | From: Twin Hills | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2008 11:44      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Sweet memories" and "Windows 3.11" do not belong in the same sentence.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6355 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2014 Geek Culture® All Rights Reserved.