homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » the "rationalize like a pirate" comic

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: the "rationalize like a pirate" comic
Darren Duncan
Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1694

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 21, 2007 14:04      Profile for Darren Duncan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a couple questions about comic 1010, for "rationalize like a comic" day.

1. What show is that being watched on the TV?

2. How come the poll didn't have "try before you buy" as a rationalization? I think that's a reasonable one. Or were you just keeping to the non-serious options because of the humor?

Posts: 27 | From: Victoria, BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nitrozac

Benevolent Dictator!
Member # 111

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 21, 2007 15:44      Profile for Nitrozac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's Resident Evil; Extinction, not out in theatres yet, so it has to be pirated or seen at a theatre. [Big Grin]

Good poll suggestion, however, if you "try" a movie before you buy it, by watching it, then, it's not "tried", it's "consumed". Although, I have a theory, that you know whether or not a movie is your cup of tea in the first five minutes. There are exceptions tho.

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 22, 2007 09:02      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How come the poll didn't have "try before you buy" as a rationalization?

because I didn't think of it. [blush]

I think that's a reasonable one. Or were you just keeping to the non-serious options because of the humor?
Actually, I thought most were reasonable... at least they are the ones that I use. [Big Grin]

handy dandy link to comic:
http://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/joyarchives/1010.html

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Darren Duncan
Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1694

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 22, 2007 13:05      Profile for Darren Duncan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nitrozac:
Good poll suggestion, however, if you "try" a movie before you buy it, by watching it, then, it's not "tried", it's "consumed".

Speaking for myself, I don't download movies or music, but I do download TV shows, since the internet makes a better VCR than many alternatives, or some things aren't broadcast in my area, or not in my language (thank you, fansubs).

The "try before you buy" comment means to me that if I watch a show and like it, then I go and buy the official DVD release when it becomes available, thereby supporting the creators. If I don't like something from having seen it, then I stop watching it and haven't bought the DVD.

Posts: 27 | From: Victoria, BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture