homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » 1000th comic giveaway! (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  11  12  13 

Author Topic: 1000th comic giveaway!
Eric Desfonds
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 3664

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 27, 2007 07:37      Profile for Eric Desfonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for your great comic, it has been part of my daily routine since the days of old (I remember the last After Y2K update and the Nitrozac boots fan site).

I would like, if I am a lucky winner, getting the 2GB drive, the backpack, the iWoz book or any goodies from Google (such as getting a beta tester-status for Platypus, but it sounds like that might be canned).

Keep up the great work!

Posts: 3 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 27, 2007 07:39      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow what a stupendous giveaway!

Err - Drivestation 2Gb, Bluetooth Mouse, illuminator, backpack... anything else...

and congrats on the milestone btw!

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1936 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Steve L.
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 4107

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 27, 2007 07:43      Profile for Steve L.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1000, how cool. If I was a real geek I'd do that in binary, but, alas, I don't have to know all that stuff to keep my photos on my Mac. Here's to 1000 more.
Posts: 4 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted August 27, 2007 07:47      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My turn to send in congratulations!

More or less in order: BT500 Bluetooth, rechargeable 3-button mouse, Big Bang Brain Games, Wingnuts 2!, iWoz, Google goodie.

(And I already own Pogue's "Hard Drive", so I'll pass on this one.)

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Footsie
Geek-in-Training
Member # 3444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 27, 2007 07:48      Profile for Footsie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I might not post but I am still here and I sometimes go in IRC...
[Big Grin]

Anyway - erm - Freeverse stuff, games (Mac ones), mouse, anything really

--------------------
Here today... Gone tomorrow?

Posts: 33 | From: smelly foot farm | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
staplin
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 4706

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 27, 2007 08:06      Profile for staplin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A 1000? Wow, keep the Joy coming! It's the highlight of my morning to read JoT!

1) BT500
2) Heroes
3) Wingnuts
4) Google stuff
5) Sendstation combo

HikerCA
Newbie Larva
Member # 3277

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 27, 2007 08:12      Profile for HikerCA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Nitro and Snaggy!
Wow, look at all the peoples crawling out of the woodwork *pulling slivers*

1. STM large backpack
2.iWoz
3.SoundStudio3
4.Google stuff

Hope the weather's fine on the island!

Greg aka HikerCA

Posts: 9 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mister Boo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1419

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted August 27, 2007 08:25      Profile for Mister Boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay! Congrats on 1000!!!!!

--------------------
Geekculture's Original Boo

Posts: 314 | From: Naugatuck, CT | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
HubmaN
Geek Larva
Member # 7554

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted August 27, 2007 09:07      Profile for HubmaN   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm.... maybe the backpack first, iWoz second, and the Drivemate third. (oh yeah, the earBuddy next, and last, the iPhone-The Missing Manual, been looking for that for a long time.)
G'luck!

Posts: 29 | From: Bangkok, Thailand | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Emperor of Neumannia
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 3498

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 27, 2007 09:15      Profile for Emperor of Neumannia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! Congratulations on reaching 1,000! It already takes me more than 2 days to re-read them all, which I do about once a year, but that's not your problem. Keep them coming!
Speaking of reading, if you should happen to pull my name, my ordered prize choices are: iWoz, Hard Drive, DriveMate, and STM backpack. I haven't got an iPod and don't play computer games, so if that's all that's left when you get to me, please draw another name and let them win.
Thanks!

--------------------
"Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." - Mark Twain, misquoting Emerson's Self-Reliance: "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by statesmen and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do."

Posts: 3 | From: Illinois | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
OldMacGeek
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 6562

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 27, 2007 09:38      Profile for OldMacGeek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has it already been 1K? Thanks Nitrozac & Snaggy for all of the times in my life when I could actually laugh at work!

Wayne

Erbo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 199

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 27, 2007 09:40      Profile for Erbo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From beyond the mists of time the Jedi Master (see JoT #689) returns...

Looks like iWoz is pretty popular, but put me down for that, too, along with any of the RadTech stuff and anything Google happens to turn up.

And congratulations on making it to the big one-oh-oh-oh!

Posts: 1480 | From: Denver, CO, US | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 27, 2007 10:02      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats on reaching #1000.

If I were to win, my choices would be:
  1. Drivemate Data Storage Module
  2. Backpack
  3. Hard Drive (novel)
  4. I-sight Personal illuminator

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
bobmaus
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 10517

Icon 1 posted August 27, 2007 10:07      Profile for bobmaus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JOT & MOKA JAVA = [Cool]
fededambri
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 10492

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 27, 2007 10:12      Profile for fededambri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great stuff!
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted August 27, 2007 10:22      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wireless mousey ......... I'm in!!!!!!

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
macmankev
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted August 27, 2007 10:30      Profile for macmankev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Free prizes? Count me in!

Happy 1000!

Posts: 1 | From: Chicago, Ill | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Big Joe
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 5006

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 27, 2007 10:36      Profile for Big Joe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy 1000th and thanks for a great way to start out my sometimes mundane days as sys admin! Anything would be great...but if I have my druthers:

iWoz, BT500, Drivemate, send station, iPhone the Missing Manual...If I'm one of the last picked...anything's gravy anyhow!

Thanks again!

Big Joe

Posts: 4 | From: The Beach...South OC California in the US of A | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
gianfranco
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 10497

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 27, 2007 10:37      Profile for gianfranco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your comic!

1) STM Large Loop Backpack
2) Google
3) iWoz

Posts: 1 | From: messina | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
norick
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 10502

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 27, 2007 10:42      Profile for norick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quite impressing, 1000 joyoftech comic.

I hope to see the 2000th!

My choices:

1 STM Large Loop Backpack
2 Drivemate Data Storage Module 2GB
3 Google... stuff

Grettings from France.

Jenkinsm
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 10525

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 27, 2007 10:43      Profile for Jenkinsm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woo! Free stuff!
frnk
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 10559

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted August 27, 2007 10:44      Profile for frnk         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hokey smokes, why does the IT Guy look JUST LIKE ME?!?!! I've got too many dopplegangers. If they ever gang up on me I'm in serious trouble.

Oh yeah, a list.
1 iWoz, uWoz, weallWoz for iWoz!
2 HardDrive because I like BOOKS
3 Google Grab-Bag consisting of a sweet job designing new stuff for them. (I can dream, can't I?)

Deema
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 10470

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 27, 2007 10:46      Profile for Deema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello. =] Count me in.

Wouldn't mind getting:
iWoz
Drivemate Data Storage Module 2GB
Or any of the other good stuff. =)

Posts: 1 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
LuisRaa
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 10534

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 27, 2007 10:47      Profile for LuisRaa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations for the 1000th comic of JoT, i hope 1000 more, well if tech behave with that speed, Snaggy an Nitrozack will have a lot of work.

I hope the best to you.

Keep drawing

Godspeed

--------------------
LuisRaa
www.elblogo.com

Posts: 1 | From: Miami | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
Wandel
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 10527

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 27, 2007 10:48      Profile for Wandel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooh, I'm in.

I'll gladly take any price as long as it doesn't require a Mac to run [Smile]

Posts: 1 | From: Stockholm | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  11  12  13 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture