homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » 1000th comic giveaway! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13 

Author Topic: 1000th comic giveaway!
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted August 26, 2007 17:33      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay, we reached 1000 JoTs! [Smile]

So what better way to celebrate than with a giveaway! And what a giveaway it is... it's our biggest ever, with over 66 winners! Check out all of the AWESOME prizes from super awesome folks like Woz, David Pogue, RadTech, SendStation, Freeverse, and Google!

(Update: It is looking less and less likely that Google will be able to donate anything for this contest. Despite assurances that they could, it seems the Swag Bureaucracy at Google is too mighty to overcome. I hope to be proved wrong, am keeping my geeky digits crossed, and hoping we get lucky.)
(Update #2 : our friends at Google were searching, searching, searching to find some goodies for us... but they have failed. [Frown] )

The contest page is here.

How do you enter?
Contest is now closed, but here is how you could have entered...
Easy! All you have to do is post a reply to this Forum thread, and you're in on the giveaway. Now to reward our long-time Forum members we thought we do the giveaway as such... new Forum members will get a chance to win, but Forum members since before August 24th 2007 will have twice as much chance to win. And, if you are a SuperFan, you can enter again in the SuperFan Forum and you get four times the odds to win! We'll randomly draw names from the people who post, and they will be our lucky winners! Giveaway ends on Sunday September 2nd at 8 PM Pacific. One entry, per person, per thread only please, or you will be disqualified, and fed to the Intergalactic Giant Chicken.

Note: In your Forum post, please name the prizes you'd like to win, if you are in fact chosen; i.e. First choice, second choice, third choice, etc. The first few winners selected will have their choice of prizes!

Good luck!

Posts: 7781 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 26, 2007 18:30      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*ping*

iWoz, Google-anything.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9168 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 26, 2007 19:16      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
iWoz, Hard Drive by David Pogue, Drivemate Data Storage Module 2GB, BT500 Bluetooth Rechargeable 3-button mouse. Ok I'd like them all!! Can't wait for #2000!
Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 26, 2007 19:47      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
iWoz, Drivemate, anything else...
Posts: 5829 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 26, 2007 20:02      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
congrats firstly on your 1000th - so many great comics.

Drivemate Data Storage Module 2GB, BT500 Bluetooth Rechargeable 3-button mouse, google anything.

I guess any price would be a cool way to celebrate the occasion.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 26, 2007 20:48      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I can't wait to see what you're giving away for the 1024th comic. [Wink]

Let's see...

First choice is Sound Studio 3.
Second I think would be the Drivemate Data Storage Module 2GB.
Third would be the STM Large Loop Backpack in Gray / Black.
And fourth, the I-Sight.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
NoRealReason
Mini Geek
Member # 6992

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted August 26, 2007 22:25      Profile for NoRealReason   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats, and I hope the giveaway for #5000 is even better!

Anything google would be nice, and I love games. [Smile]

Posts: 70 | From: Never you mind | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Neenahboy
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 10461

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 26, 2007 22:33      Profile for Neenahboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First choice: iWoz
Second choice: Google anything
Third choice: Drivemate module

Congrats on 1000 JoTs!

MomGeek
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 7782

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 26, 2007 23:14      Profile for MomGeek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love the comics!! Love RSS so I can see them right away!
I like the back pack and the blue tooth mouse, and my geek husband would love the iPod kit. Of course I'd also be happy with a t-shirt.

Posts: 1 | From: Ilinois | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Malacandra
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 1933

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 26, 2007 23:15      Profile for Malacandra   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Second choice: A Google Whatzit
Third choice: Heroes of Might and Magic

Mazel Tov on 1000!

--------------------
Nietzche was wrong. There are lots of things that won't kill me or make me stronger.

Posts: 1 | From: Northern California | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 26, 2007 23:19      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can dig this one.

Hrmm

The backpack
iWoz
or the Drivemate.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2434 | From: Somewhere between the gutter... and probably another gutter | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
IrishBoke
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 3635

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 26, 2007 23:25      Profile for IrishBoke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats! I'll settle for anything ;-)
Posts: 1 | From: Redmond | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
stringlion
Mini Geek
Member # 4767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 26, 2007 23:30      Profile for stringlion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. drivemate
2. wingnuts 2
3. Toy Sight Gold
4. The Sendstation bundle

and congrats on your 1000th comic!

Posts: 94 | From: NYS, US | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted August 26, 2007 23:31      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
congrats on 1K

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1125 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Modrak
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 4891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 26, 2007 23:36      Profile for Modrak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The bag......the google stuff (every geek should have a pile of those [Wink] )...or the mouse...or the 2GB Drivemate...or the iWoz book...or the sendstation schwag . Something like that, in this order [Wink]
pakkman781
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 10467

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted August 26, 2007 23:45      Profile for pakkman781     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'd really like the Drivemate thingy, but it looks like everybody wants that. I could also use that sweet ear-light-thingamabob, and backpacks are always handy! I love the little earBuddy, so put me in the running for that too. Some software from the awesome Freeverse'd be great, I just wish I had a 360 to get a copy of Marathon. I really should read more, so put me in for some iWoz and iPogue. Also, I'd love some Google-y prizes, you can't really go wrong there...

Thanks guys for a thousand of the best comics ever! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1 | From: Lebanon, TN | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
zuhl
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 10468

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 26, 2007 23:51      Profile for zuhl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations!

1) iWoz
2) Drivemate
3) bluetooth mouse
4) backpack

Thanks! You guys are awesome!

Posts: 1 | From: SLC, UT | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
sarah_briarmoss
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 10471

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 26, 2007 23:59      Profile for sarah_briarmoss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
grats on the 1000th comic.

1) backpack
2) anything else radteck
3) anything google
4) any of the books
5) anything else

=D

mrspleen
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 10469

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 27, 2007 00:07      Profile for mrspleen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
first choice: iWoz
second choice: Hard Drive by David Pogue
third choice: SendStation bundle

i would like to reserve the right to change this order once google's giveaway items are announced. =)

Wooooot!

Posts: 1 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
fernando
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 10473

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 27, 2007 00:08      Profile for fernando     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations! Been a long time reader but new to the forums.

I would like something like this
1. Drivemate Data Storage Module 2GB
2. STM Large Loop Backpack in Gray / Black
3. iWoz
4. Sendstation stuff
5. Google stuff, because we all love google

Posts: 1 | From: St. Joseph, MI | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted August 27, 2007 00:09      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
posting reply

drivemate
spyglass boardgames
iWoz
bluetooth mouse
i sight illuminator
pogue book
sound studio 3

anything else

The earbud is cool too, I didn't list it because I think any superfan is bound to win one. (Watch me be the only one that doesn't.)

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3072 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Gobo
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 4584

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 27, 2007 00:11      Profile for Gobo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations!

Second choice: STM Large Loopback backpack
Third choice: iSight illuminator

chump54
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 10474

Icon 14 posted August 27, 2007 00:11      Profile for chump54     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nice one...
Ricapar
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 10478

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 27, 2007 00:22      Profile for Ricapar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The backpack, the mouse, and third, the 2GB drive.
deBaer
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 10477

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 27, 2007 00:35      Profile for deBaer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy 1000th Anniversary, JoT! ;-)

Oh, and should you draw my humble name, I'd go for iWoz, the backpack, the iPhone manual, the drivemate, the iPod bundle or anything else you might have left. :-)

Cheers,

deBaer

Posts: 1 | From: Berlin, DE | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2014 Geek Culture® All Rights Reserved.