homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » Special Saucetice CONTEST (for earlier recipients)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Special Saucetice CONTEST (for earlier recipients)
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 04, 2007 16:10      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um...er....well it seems I forgot to post this earlier.

But just to clarify things a bit: If you were awarded sauce in the 2006 giveways or were given sauce for the asking in the 2005 giveaway we wanted you to be eligible for "freebies" in a different way.

Namely a contest! Oooooh. C-o-m-p-e-t-i-t-i-o-n. Using the brain. So here it is:
Without restriction on country of residence, those of you who have used the sauce before can email me (Please use my email address as given on my GC profile -Not PMs here at GC) your testimony or comments (slogans) or recipes.

You'll need to add a brief disclaimer/permission statement allowing us to use your efforts in our advertising or promotional material, (including on the website).

My wife and I will compare the entries and award sauce (in quantities at our discretion) to those we find most useful. Some have had this experience with us before and I hope they found their rewards equal to their efforts.

So we look forward to hearing from many of you. And those who have bought sauce in the past will benefit from having greater experience to draw from in formulating their entries! [Big Grin]

You can make more than one entry and we'll let this one run until the 30th of June 2007.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 06:11      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Email sent. Oops, I guess I forgot to include the disclaimer. Oh well, you can use it if you like.
Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 08:45      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got it BW! Thanks for the recipe - I'm going to try it this week. You're gettin' sauced, lady! (Same address?)

DocO- Thanks for the order. If you let me use your comment from the order here and on the website I'll send you something nice - (apron? another T-shirt)

By the way, we also have heavy canvas shopping bags available with GH Bob screened on them....

--------------------

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 10:22      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awww thanks. Yeah, same address.

Hey, are those canvas bags direct from you or through Cafe Press?

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 12:46      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Widow:
Awww thanks. Yeah, same address.

Hey, are those canvas bags direct from you or through Cafe Press?

We had all our current items made locally. The bags are $20 - shipped - but hey, make me an offer (privately) and I'll see what I can do.. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 13:39      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GG, thanks so much for bringing up the subject of your sauce. My husband brought home ribs from work* last week and he used the barbecue sauce in the fridge. It spites me that I didn't remember to get out the GarlicHead in the cupboard. I'm sure he would have loved the spicy sauce!

*Texas Roadhouse.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 10:52      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just an update to let you know that BlackWidow and -ct- have earned a saucing by their latest recipe and comments (respectively).

Only 24 more days left for the rest of you USERs to reply! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2007 07:15      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*bump* [Big Grin]
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted June 11, 2007 16:15      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bumpity bump bump

come on all you Garlic Headers, write some stuff and getz mor sauz!!!!

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tominfla
Geek
Member # 6767

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 11, 2007 16:34      Profile for Tominfla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in ur kitchen, makin moar sauz

GG I am placing an order!

--------------------
"Go get that Earth creature and bring back the Uranium Pew36 Space Modulator" -- Marvin Martian

Posts: 245 | From: Orlando, Florida, USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture