homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » Summer Sauce-tice Giveaway v2.0! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Summer Sauce-tice Giveaway v2.0!
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted June 06, 2007 15:35      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
count me in [thumbsup]

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tominfla
Geek
Member # 6767

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 07, 2007 01:27      Profile for Tominfla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's BBQ season! Duck sauce season! BBQ season! Duck sauce season!

--------------------
"Go get that Earth creature and bring back the Uranium Pew36 Space Modulator" -- Marvin Martian

Posts: 245 | From: Orlando, Florida, USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 10, 2007 06:16      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in

Random.org i know we have had our share of difficulties - but what we have between us is special and no one can take that away - and what better way to prove that bond with a nice jar of BBQ sauce for the summer.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
stringlion
Mini Geek
Member # 4767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 10, 2007 11:20      Profile for stringlion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I=in
Posts: 94 | From: NYS, US | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted June 10, 2007 19:09      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this one's wrapped up!... stay tuned for the saucy winners!
Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted June 10, 2007 19:58      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here you go, our winners as picked by the omnipotent random.org....

PB!
Tech Angel!
BooBooKitty!
stevenback7!
David Rogers!
stringlion!

Congrats to the winners. Pending confirmation that you are eligible, you win! [Smile]
Please contact garlicguy, and send him your choice of sauce and an address.

Oh and big thanks to gg for providing the awesome prizes! Be sure to visit http://www.heygarlichead.com/ and pick up some awesome BBQ sauce!

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 10, 2007 20:40      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, neat! I know just what I'm going to use it on too. I've got a ten pound pork shoulder in the freezer that will soon be covered in Garlichead. [Big Grin] [thumbsup]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Oscar Z.
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 6292

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 11, 2007 05:26      Profile for Oscar Z.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love garlic. Here I am!
Posts: 2 | From: Netherlands | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 11, 2007 06:12      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yay - thank you so much - summer is going to taste great now

--------------------

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 11, 2007 11:32      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
Here you go, our winners as picked by the omnipotent random.org....

PB!
Tech Angel!
BooBooKitty!
stevenback7!
David Rogers!
stringlion!

Congrats to the winners. Pending confirmation that you are eligible, you win! [Smile]
Please contact garlicguy, and send him your choice of sauce and an address.

Okay! All of these are qualified. Please send the Postal address you would like your sauce mailed to and include your preference for regular or spicy. Use the email address located in my profile link please; NOT a PM here at GC.

Thanks. And thanks for playing!

gg

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 11, 2007 15:15      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
w00t!!!!

And bbq season is just starting! [Smile]

I await for the goods!

//bbk

Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 11, 2007 16:53      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get the spicy sauce, y'all. It's not too hot, just a mild kick that acts in nice contrast to the sweetness of the sauce's base. Jonathan made ribs with it the other night and boy, were they good!!!

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Papa
Geek
Member # 172

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted June 13, 2007 02:08      Profile for Papa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Frown] I cry. [cry baby] I so wanted to win this time. Garlic sauce looked so good.

--------------------
Papa
Keeper of The Book

Posts: 173 | From: Syracuse, NY, USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 06, 2007 10:49      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oi!

My apologies to the winners! The sauce shipments are just going out today.

Mea Culpa! So kick my a$$ if it makes you feel better.

I just got David Rogers' address via a random contact with him on another forum.

Still haven't heard from Tech Angel or stringlion.

gg

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 06, 2007 12:31      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had wondered about that. [Razz] That giant pork shoulder got used up already, but I'll be sure to pick out something suitable once the sauce gets here. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 06, 2007 13:42      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by garlicguy:
Oi!

My apologies to the winners! The sauce shipments are just going out today.

Mea Culpa! So kick my a$$ if it makes you feel better.

I just got David Rogers' address via a random contact with him on another forum.

Still haven't heard from Tech Angel or stringlion.

gg

Oh thats okay - i'm just happy I won - I hope customs dosn't take to long at admiring the bottle because my new barbeque needs to be used more often and your sauce would make a perfect excuse.

YAY post number 700 - I can't believe i've become so old.

--------------------

stringlion
Mini Geek
Member # 4767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 17, 2007 19:31      Profile for stringlion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, I really should check the forums more often.
That Was A really, Really Stupid Mistake.

Posts: 94 | From: NYS, US | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 19, 2007 16:31      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Canada.

stevenback7 and BooBooKitty:

Your packages of sauce came back to my Post Office yesterday and today. I am unclear as to why. The local Post Office actually called today to have me come in to pick them up. They were unclear as to the problem also.

I will make one more attempt to get them to you.

Did everyone else receive their packages?

gg

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 19, 2007 18:50      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got mine. I'm still awaiting the perfect opportunity to try it.

--------------------
óMiss Piggy

Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2007 06:23      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by garlicguy:
Did everyone else receive their packages?

gg

Yes, I did. I have sent something your way as well. [Big Grin]
Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 21, 2007 18:12      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess the Canadian goverment dosn't want us to taste your delicious sauce.

--------------------

BooBooKitty

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 21, 2007 20:20      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh drat! [Frown]

Well, it is "construction holiday" here. Maybe everyone was on vacation?

Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 24, 2007 13:19      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
StevenBack7 and BBK:

The final attempt is being made today. The USPS has stated they think it was their error - they had me use the wrong Customs Declaration.

Anyhow, everything has been re-packed and re-done. I do hope they go through this time.

gg [thumbsup]

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 24, 2007 13:21      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BlackWidow:

Your generosity is tremendous. The young folk and I thank you sincerely!!

gg

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 24, 2007 15:44      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GG : Thanks so much

I had to put the steaks on the barbeque without your sauce last weekend.

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture