homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » Godzilla DVD Giveaway! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Godzilla DVD Giveaway!
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted May 27, 2007 08:55      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's right! We're having another MONSTER giveaway and giving away two sets of two Godzilla DVDS! And what are these movies?

... drum roll please....

They are Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster and Invasion of Astro-Monster (aka Godzilla vs. Monster Zero)!

BTW: This is the first time that Ghidorah will be on DVD in the US and Canada. Also, both titles will be in Anamorphic Widescreen! W H O A ! These titles start selling June 5th, but you can win them early via us Godzilla geeks here at The Joy of Tech, and of course the generousity of godzillaondvd.com!

How can you get a chance to win these Godzillian freebees? Easy! All you have to do is post a reply to this Forum thread, and you're in on the giveaway. And, if you are a SuperFan, you can enter again in the SuperFan Forum and get double the chance to win! We'll randomly draw names from the people who post, and they will be our lucky winners! Giveaway ends on Sunday June 3rd at 6PM Pacific. One entry per person per thread please, or you will be disqualified and fed to Rodan.

Check out all the details here, as well as the box shots and a cool publicity shot of Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster fighting Rodan and Godzilla, while Godzilla breathes fire on a poor helpless rocket ship.

UPDATE: Contest is over, congrats Steen and RScottV! [Applause]

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 27, 2007 09:11      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Beard of Peter Gabriel!]
Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted May 27, 2007 09:58      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of Rodan's less well known attacks...

-

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted May 27, 2007 10:00      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pick me and i'll save the puppy from spungo.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 27, 2007 10:21      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool beans!
Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted May 27, 2007 10:34      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cha Cha
sosumi
Uber Geek
Member # 1106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 27, 2007 11:13      Profile for sosumi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
rwaaaaarrrr!
Posts: 845 | From: Boston | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted May 27, 2007 15:08      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kewl! I'm glad I've got a zone 1 DVD player [Smile]

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 27, 2007 15:32      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what I hear, Godzilla is quite capable of crossing the Pacific.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 27, 2007 16:45      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
me me me - I hope i finally win I haven't seen anything good for awhile on my tv.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 27, 2007 17:01      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<Start Cheezy Mexican accent>

"Here, leezard, leezard, leezard."

<End Cheezy Mexican accent>

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted May 27, 2007 17:29      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<singing>

Oh no, they say he's got to go
Go go Godzilla, yeah
Oh no, there goes Tokyo
Go go Godzilla, yeah

</singing>

Me too! Me too! May I be added to the list of entries?

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Papa
Geek
Member # 172

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted May 28, 2007 02:56      Profile for Papa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I try again.

--------------------
Papa
Keeper of The Book

Posts: 173 | From: Syracuse, NY, USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 28, 2007 03:33      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tokyo is about to be destroyed....

again....

I'm in

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1936 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
trowelblister
Geek
Member # 897

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted May 28, 2007 07:11      Profile for trowelblister   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wish there was a Godzilla theme song I could sing.
"Godzilla is really neat, he is full of lizard meat, Hirohito Godzilaaaaaa"

Posts: 242 | From: lansdale, pa, usa | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
WindowzDroolz
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 6546

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted May 28, 2007 12:17      Profile for WindowzDroolz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
That's right! We're having another MONSTER giveaway and giving away two sets of two Godzilla DVDS! And what are these movies?

... drum roll please....

They are Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster and Invasion of Astro-Monster (aka Godzilla vs. Monster Zero)! ... <snip>

Godzilla my favorite - ah the memories, Saturday afternoons, watching Japanese monster movies on the TV...

[crazy]

--------------------
Macs Rule and Windowz Droolz!

Posts: 4 | From: Spokane, WA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted May 28, 2007 12:36      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't need another reason to kick these dogs.

-

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
RScottV

SuperFan!
Member # 3540

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 30, 2007 04:31      Profile for RScottV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"A happy moment."
Posts: 211 | From: Saint Paul, MN | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 30, 2007 10:32      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1739 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sludgedragon
Maximum Newbie
Member # 8746

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 02, 2007 11:10      Profile for Sludgedragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone remember the episode of The Simpsons where they go to Japan? There were more kaiju in-jokes than you could shake a stick at! Starting with the airline pilot, voiced by George Takei, warning of turbulence caused by Godzilla activity as they flew in.
Posts: 10 | From: Oregon USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 02, 2007 17:01      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you betcha!!!

Godzirra!!!
[thumbsup]

Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted June 03, 2007 22:25      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
contest is closed... winners will be announced soon. :-)
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted June 03, 2007 22:33      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The winners are....

Steen and RScottV!

[Applause]

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 10 posted June 04, 2007 04:00      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egg-celent!

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 04, 2007 04:41      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lost again - who would of guessed that two superfans win.

Oh well - congrats Steen and Rscottv

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture