homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » 2007 PC sales

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 2007 PC sales
Jim in the Forest
Maximum Newbie
Member # 5025

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 22, 2007 02:51      Profile for Jim in the Forest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The Gartner report is calling for worldwide PC shipments to grow 10.5 percent this year to a total of 255.7 million units. Meanwhile, revenue is slated to grow 4.6 percent to $213.7 billion."

"In its analysis of the PC market, IDC found that worldwide PC shipments topped 227 million in 2006, a 9.5 percent growth compared to 2005, and sales grew 6.1 percent to $231.9 billion.

According to IDC, the number of PCs shipped worldwide should increase 11.1 percent in 2007, to a total of 252 million units."

Sales figures that Apple can only dream about..

TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 22, 2007 03:39      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jim in the Forest ____________________ Oh mah god. That number is huge, Now lets supose that 3/4s of those the owners doesn't keep up to date and they become spam bots. 96% of my E-Mail is spam because you PC/MS users can,t do any thing constructive except to try to sell me on Land in Florida/ or buy my time share. I liked it better when the Internet was mostly Macs.

--------------------
If it don't glow it ain't Ham Radio

Posts: 5457 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted March 22, 2007 04:34      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jim in the Forest. Your back, we missed you so much. We do have a place to post when you will be gone for a while now. Just to let everyone know you are going to be back.

Stop making us worry like that.

Cheers,
MacD

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 22, 2007 06:01      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, between that, and this awesome review, I'm totally dropping all of my Macs in the dumpster and buying a Dell. I'm sold.

Thanks for posting that!

</sarcasm>

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 22, 2007 07:13      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That link gives a 404 WS!
Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 22, 2007 07:25      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Should go to http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/01/29/xp-vs-vista/page11.html#conclusion_ko_for_windows_vista

Tom's Hardware review on Vista.

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted March 22, 2007 07:56      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ha ha... Jim's quoting from...

Vista Will Have Little Impact on PC Sales in 2007, Gartner Reports

I believe the "PC" here means Personal Computer, not Windows PC. Check out the vender stats link, and you will find this tidbit...."Gateway, Apple and Toshiba rounded out the top five in IDC report. Once again, Apple showed the greatest year-over-year growth with a 31.8 percent increase."

Posts: 7818 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 22, 2007 08:34      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
haha what a buttstick.
Posts: 4894 | From: Kitchener, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 22, 2007 08:45      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he's lost in the forest. [Razz]
Posts: 5830 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 22, 2007 10:15      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jim -- I'm behind you all the way, buddy. Windows roolz... like, totally.

The rest of you should read that article co-authored by Jobs and Stallman: "How I stopped worrying, and learned to love Microsoft." It's a great read. [Smile]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6520 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 23, 2007 05:59      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In case anyone is interested, Roughlydrafted has a couple of articles which dissect the whole market share argument quite effectively here, and here.

JIF's type of rabid Apple hater is fast becoming an endangered species. As this article points out, Apple seems to be getting some very friendly comments in even the most surprising places. Could we start a forum section here for JIF and any PC trolls we might find in the wild, a sort of wildlife reservation. We could come by each day and throw a Zune or two into their cage, and who knows, maybe eventually we could get them to breed. It would be sad if this type of digital dinosaur was to die out completely. [Wink]

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted March 23, 2007 07:23      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Calli, great links!

and lol! [Big Grin]

Posts: 7818 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2007 07:24      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He can stay. I like nothing more then a heated debate. Win or lose it's all good. [Big Grin]

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 23, 2007 08:41      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MacD _________________________________ I sort of like his blather too, adds some spice to things. I mean the Solar Power Wheelbarrow failed, must be because I did not design it with M$Winblows.

--------------------
If it don't glow it ain't Ham Radio

Posts: 5457 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 23, 2007 13:23      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Callipygous:
JIF's type of rabid Apple hater is fast becoming an endangered species.

I'll believe it the day John C. Dvorak becomes an Apple fan. [Wink]
Posts: 5830 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 23, 2007 13:33      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe not fan... but he does seem to like the Mini [Big Grin]

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2014 Geek Culture® All Rights Reserved.