homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » Mac mini for Mother's day

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mac mini for Mother's day
Alan!
Geek
Member # 1261

Icon 1 posted May 11, 2006 23:17      Profile for Alan!     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/joyimages/821.gif

This one is gonna be a classic. Good work guys!

On a related note, who has bought mac-ish goodness for their parents?

My mum now has an ipod shuffle dock, logitech webcam, voip headset, and is rapidly accumulating more tech. Next up, coincidentally, is probably a mac-mini...

Alan

--------------------
Alan!

Two rabbis, a priest, and an awkward silence after there's no intelligible punch line to this joke, walk into a bar.

Posts: 219 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Modrak
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 4891

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted May 12, 2006 00:06      Profile for Modrak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me and my dad, we were looking long for xmas present for mum. We wanted small, 12" laptop. And the iBook was a cheapest one so why not ? [Wink]
I can switch other people, I'm so good at it [Smile]

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 12, 2006 00:09      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm afraid my mom would be more inclined to use the Mini as a coaster than as a computer. That is to say, she's horribly computer literacy challenged. [ohwell]

I like the Mini I use at work. It runs and runs and makes nary a sound. [Smile]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
nadrews
Maximum Newbie
Member # 5060

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted May 12, 2006 08:02      Profile for nadrews   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still waiting to break her the news about OSX.

--------------------
Beware of stupid people with brains.

Posts: 15 | From: Berkeley, California, USA, Earth | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
LinuxPhreak
Geek Apprentice
Member # 5033

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted May 13, 2006 17:26      Profile for LinuxPhreak   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's a Mac mini? That would be what my mother would ask when gets. Then when explain to her that it is a computer. She will ask me to hook it up. Then she will go to the nearest bookstore and buy PC for dummies book. Not knowing the differance. Then the Mac mini will sit in a room that no one goes in. And it wil be all hooked up but never turned on.

--------------------
I am not important. No one is. To be important you need to make history your word must be important. Your inventions must be as equally important.

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted May 13, 2006 21:21      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LinuxPhreak wrote:
And it wil be all hooked up but never turned on.

Just like many of the people on the forums

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
maybe.logic
Alpha Geek
Member # 5014

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 16, 2006 05:47      Profile for maybe.logic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
LinuxPhreak wrote:
And it wil be all hooked up but never turned on.

Just like many of the people on the forums

hahahahaha,

But back to the topic...

I bought a mac mini for my mum on her birthday and she has'nt stopped using all the cool stuff that comes with. It is a really good present from my point of view, for the lesser literate. [Confused]

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture