homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » Valentines Day Survival Kit (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Valentines Day Survival Kit
Zantabar
Newbie Larva
Member # 4902

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 22:28      Profile for Zantabar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate v-day sounds likes D-Day doesnt it?
Posts: 8 | From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 22:36      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, V-Day is a holiday (or remembered by many veterans, at least) recognizing "Victory over Japan"—the day when the Japanese surrendered during WWII.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zantabar
Newbie Larva
Member # 4902

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 22:42      Profile for Zantabar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
Actually, V-Day is a holiday (or remembered by many veterans, at least) recognizing "Victory over Japan"—the day when the Japanese surrendered during WWII.

ooopps sorry didnt mean that I hated v-day day. I meant valentines day. so yeah ummm my bad
Posts: 8 | From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 23:11      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aren't they VE (Victory in Europe) Day and VJ (Victory in Japan) Day? Or is the designation different in the US?

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2006 01:30      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not sure, astro. I remember looking it up in the dictionary when I was in grade school and only seeing V-Day. Maybe it's changed since then?

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
ChildeRoland
Alpha Geek
Member # 3880

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2006 05:59      Profile for ChildeRoland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Astronomer Jedi:
Aren't they VE (Victory in Europe) Day and VJ (Victory in Japan) Day? Or is the designation different in the US?

I've heard both of these used.

--------------------
=====================
Childe Roland

ChildeRoland
Alpha Geek
Member # 3880

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2006 06:01      Profile for ChildeRoland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to a "V-D Party" on Saturday. I'm not sure what the heart shaped bowl of condoms, lube, and kisses was doing on the table, but I thought it was funny.

--------------------
=====================
Childe Roland

Stormtalon
Mini Geek
Member # 1163

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2006 06:43      Profile for Stormtalon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to point out that my favorite anti-Valentine's day movie is missing from that pile....

"War of the Roses." I mean, if any movie needs to be there, it's that one!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Those who are easily offended should be.
And often.

WoW: The Crazy Ones

Posts: 73 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2006 07:25      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2006 07:26      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Matias
Highlie
Member # 4216

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2006 10:17      Profile for Matias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love those! I should give them out at work.

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Posts: 516 | From: The Land of the mouse.... | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture