homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » Coffee

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Coffee
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 22, 2006 23:47      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The poll results say "Tim Hortons, nuff said, ... worth the drive to Canada." Tim Hortons invaded the US at least 8 years ago, no need to cross the border.

..As of July 2005, there are over 260 Tim Hortons locations in the United States. These are situated in Michigan, Ohio, New York, West Virginia, Kentucky, Maine, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Massachusetts and Pennsylvania. Future expansion and opportunities will continue in these markets for the next several years....

How long has Wendys owned Tim Hortons?

Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 23, 2006 00:15      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I prefer a bit of irn in my bru.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Retropier
Maximum Newbie
Member # 2244

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted January 23, 2006 03:56      Profile for Retropier   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uhmm.. I didn't get the comic. Are the devils related to the coffee, or the coffee is just a conversation topic?

And Tim Horton's assorted bakeries are wicked indeed. I've been in Canada some months ago...

ps: I haven't been here for long because I lost my password file. Well actually I didn't lose it, but I was too lazy to turn on the old computer in order to find it.

Posts: 14 | From: Twin Hills | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 23, 2006 06:44      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sh*t, man...I'm glad I'm having tea this morning. I'll just have to hope that Typhoo won't skewer me. [Razz]

I concede that I don't quite get the devil reference. It's still good for a chuckle...but maybe that's just a bit of schadenfreud showing. [Wink]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 23, 2006 07:53      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bibo:

How long has Wendys owned Tim Hortons?

Over 10 years now.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted January 23, 2006 11:19      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was in Montreal this weekend, and I ran into a friend from NY who had driven up as well. She was telling me about "these wonderful doughnuts we bought, but I think we left the box in the hotel room." I said "Tim Hortons?", and she said "Yeah, that's the place. How did you know?".
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ugurcan

Member # 4746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 23, 2006 13:05      Profile for Ugurcan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unlike the comic, I can be a real problem if I can't find my coffee ready on my desk in the morning. Everybody knows the rule, no one wants anything from me until I finish my first mug.

That tiny caffeine molecule is a real miracle. [Big Grin]

Give me coffee and no one gets hurt..

--------------------
"Constants aren't, Variables won't..."

Posts: 219 | From: Under a 110 ft satellite dish... | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted January 23, 2006 15:49      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard it from a good source this weeekend that the US Tim Hortons uses a *different* recipe for their coffee than the Canadian Tims, one that is more like Dunk'n Donuts... tailored more to what Americans think coffee should taste like. [Eek!]

What are they thinking??? [crazy]

/me hugs Canada

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 23, 2006 21:50      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds about right, Dunkin Donuts coffee went downhill about 7 years ago, they used to sell nice dark oily beans. Last time I bought coffee beans from Dunkin Donuts they looked like pinto beans. I have been getting some beans at Sams club that are from a local roaster made in small batches. It's a nice dark bean and is about$14.50 for 3 lbs. Krispy Kreme actually sells nice dark roast beans too, but they are about $8.50 lb.
Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 23, 2006 21:56      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not much beats drinking Blue Mountain coffee home-roasted by the growers while watching the fog roll over the hillside toward the top of the Blue Mountains.

/me wants to go back to Jamaica (and Puerto Rico).

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 23, 2006 22:11      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take my caffeine mostly in the form of tea and soda. When I do drink coffee, I need to drown it in milk, so it's either cafe au laits or lattes with extra milk for me.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 24, 2006 00:05      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
I heard it from a good source this weeekend that the US Tim Hortons uses a *different* recipe for their coffee than the Canadian Tims, one that is more like Dunk'n Donuts... tailored more to what Americans think coffee should taste like. [Eek!]

What are they thinking??? [crazy]

Could be a cunning plan to recycle their old dishwater.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Frost
Geek
Member # 1267

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 24, 2006 22:49      Profile for Frost     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm is Baldrick involved?

--------------------
Success requires no explanations, Failure permits no alibis.

Posts: 217 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture