homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » Post-Pogue keynote report

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Post-Pogue keynote report
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted January 11, 2006 18:19      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a quick post to say we had an amazing time at David Pogue's keynote! Nitrozac did a fantastic job drawing an audience member on the spot, and David was a dream host.

Then we went directly to our book signing at the O'Reilly booth, which I thought went pretty good, especially since our JoT book is over a year old now.

But best of all we got to meet PeeBs and Kaitlin! Wow what a couple of sweethearts! Geordie was there too (yay!), and John Swerdan and his partner Lynn! So the six of us went out to lunch and we had a great time.

We are dead tired, but pretty happy how things went, and very happy to have free time now to actually see the show. [Geek] [Applause]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted January 11, 2006 18:49      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before the show, as always there was all sorts of speculation flying about, and I never know what to believe, so can you put me out of my misery and give me the big news - did Peebs reveal her new haircut and was it as fabulous as the rumours promised?

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted January 11, 2006 20:11      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha Ha!

YES! Her new hair made an appearance, and it looks fantastic.

Peebs in person is *wonderful*, and honestly, Kaitlin is the cutest and best behaved baby on the planet. [Big Grin] [Happytears]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
tobinj
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 4810

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 11, 2006 23:14      Profile for tobinj         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where is everyone? It's now 11pm on the 11th.... Ah rats: I'll bet you meant 11am!! Well, it's dark out here now, not sure we'd see each other anyway. Unless you look like that scary guy across the street, or that one over there. But look! There's a guy who'll sign "David Pogue" in my book! Gotta run.
Posts: 1 | From: Olympia, WA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 12, 2006 01:07      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
[QB] Peebs in person is *wonderful*

Of course. [Smile]

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 12, 2006 08:52      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw, you guys are too sweet. I had a great time out at lunch yesterday. Thank you so much for the pass to the expo! It was so cool getting to meet people in real life that I've only known online before. It was like meeting old friends, which I guess it was. You guys are just as fun in person as online. Though it was a little weird to have faces to connect to names instead of avatars. [crazy] Snaggy, you look a lot like a guy named Andrew I was in a couple of plays with back in Sacramento. I kept expecting you to sound like him, too.

So, everyone else, if you ever get a chance to meet up with folks from the forums, go for it. We had a blast!

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Geordie

Member # 996

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted January 13, 2006 08:30      Profile for Geordie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it was a lot of fun. I wish I had not been so frazzled from working the floor all morning. Sitting down and having lunch with nice people made a big difference in my day .

It was awesome to get a signed copy of "The Best of Joy of Tech" too. I had been putting off getting a copy because I thought I had already seen nearly everything in it, but boy was I ever wrong. It turns out it is possible to make great comics even better.

Maybe this seeing people in the real world thing and dead tree media stuff will catch on. No, it is probably just a passing fad.

--------------------
Geordie

Posts: 322 | From: Fairfax Station, VA, USA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture