homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » Funkiness

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Funkiness
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 03, 2006 18:04      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I knew how to take screen shots on this Mini, but since I don't, try this link: http://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/joyarchives/767.html

Does the 3-D effect/TTB comic show up as both the Previous and Next comic for you too?

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2006 18:06      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it does. The effect is due to an animated .gif where the background moves. Any browser that supports animated .gif images should show the 3D effect.

A screen shot won't contain the animation, but you can save the .gif file itself to see it outside of the page.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 03, 2006 18:07      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it does for me... weird!

To take a screenshot on an Apple, just hit Shift+cmd+3 to take the whole screen or Shift+cmd+4 to select an area of the screen to take. The pictures should show up as either a .pdf file (on 10.3.9 or older) or as a .png (on Tiger) on the desktop.

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 03, 2006 18:15      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oops! Funkiness fixed. [blush]

Thanks for the heads up. [Cool]

For screenshots, you can also use the Grab app in Applications/Utilities folder. I like the timed screen shot feature. [thumbsup]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 03, 2006 18:17      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by supergoo:
To take a screenshot on an Apple, just hit Shift+cmd+3 to take the whole screen or Shift+cmd+4 to select an area of the screen to take. The pictures should show up as either a .pdf file (on 10.3.9 or older) or as a .png (on Tiger) on the desktop.

Cool! Thanks for the shortcut. I've just been using Grab.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2006 18:17      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm... I need sleep. I totally missed the point of the question [crazy]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 03, 2006 18:37      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Goo! The shortcuts worked. Totally awesome! [Big Grin]

--------------------

RScottV

SuperFan!
Member # 3540

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 07:35      Profile for RScottV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rhonwyyn, also worth looking at:

From the finder, choose "Mac Help."
Choose the index.
Choose the "Keyboard Shortcuts" topic under "K."
There you will find all kinds of fun time-savers.

Most Mac applications have their own shortcuts that can be found by searching with the word "shortcut" in their help menu.

Posts: 211 | From: Saint Paul, MN | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 14:40      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, even more fun! Thanks RScottV! [Big Grin]

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture