homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » NitroKitty is ill. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: NitroKitty is ill.
Luke Skywalker
Assimilated
Member # 3096

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 14, 2005 13:17      Profile for Luke Skywalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear shes doing better, and wishing her a full recovery.

--------------------
Use the Force, Luke.

Posts: 406 | From: The Line Between Time and Space | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jade Dragon
Geek Apprentice
Member # 1172

Icon 14 posted December 14, 2005 14:15      Profile for Jade Dragon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a beauty! NitroKitty looks identical to my Tigger, the oldest of my three cats - they look like they could be siblings...

We can sympathize as we've also gone through some major cat medical crisis; including only last January, when our middle cat, Shadow, had to have major surgery to have her entire lower intestine removed, due to blockage. I'm happy to report that she not only recovered, she has thrived and has even gained weight. It cost us a fortune, but our cats are like furry children and we would do almost anything for them...

We know how difficult it can be during such a crisis, so we send our very best wishes to you and your special furry child for a speedy recovery!

~ Jade Dragon (AKA the Klingon Ambassador)

Posts: 42 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Doco

SuperFan!
Member # 371

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 14, 2005 18:29      Profile for Doco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good thoughts and prayers for NitroKitty. I sure hope she pulls through ok.... I remember web-cam shots of her as a kitten being shy and wild.

Pets do have that ability to get under our skin. Maybe the farm background has made me this way - but I can't spend money for a vet on a cat or dog that isn't absolutely necessary. Of course I still cried like a baby when my cat died a little over a year ago. He was pretty old, and the last day was not pretty. I ended up making and lacquering a nice oak coffin for that critter. A lot more dignity than being thrown into the brush that the farm cats always got - but not a pet cemetary plot either - just a deep hole under the branches of his favorite tree to snooze under. < snif > I sure hate remembering all that.

Once again - here's hoping that NitroKitty has a quick and full recovery.

Posts: 419 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Nitrozac

Benevolent Dictator!
Member # 111

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted December 15, 2005 11:51      Profile for Nitrozac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She's really doing good now! Yay!!! She's holding everything down, eating more enthusiatstically, she's getting her old spunk back! Last night we cuddled on the couch for 2 hours! She likes to tuck her head under my chin and cuddle. So adorable.

So, looks like no feeding tube after all! I'm really happy about that. The biopsie results came in, doesn't sound like anything too serious, so *fingers crossed*. I'll be taking her into the vet today (she HATES that), but, they can weigh her, and have a look at her. She picked off her pain med patch last night, so, maybe they'll give her an injection or something.

Whew! I'm tired! But, a happy, ecstatic tired. [Big Grin] Thanks guys, your posts really helped me! *Big Hugs!*

maia
Alpha Geek
Member # 3778

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 15, 2005 11:59      Profile for maia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YAY!!! That's awesome. [Applause]

--------------------
Nothing is too petty to be thoroughly discussed.

Posts: 316 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 15, 2005 13:01      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear your cat's on the mend.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 15, 2005 13:14      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me rejoices!!!

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erbo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 199

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 16, 2005 00:14      Profile for Erbo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Star is doing better now, too. Pamela found her some jars of baby food, the strained meats like veal, turkey, and so forth. She set out some of the veal, and Star wolfed it down. Hopefully, this will stay with her. She's also giving Star some dental treats to help clean her teeth.

Star has certainly gotten more affectionate with me; she comes to visit me while I'm at my computer, and will jump up onto my lap and sit down for some attention. I think Maui's jealous, but, then again, he'll only stay on my lap if I hold him there.

Here's to continued good health for the furry members of our families! [Smile]

--------------------
See more From The Erbo Files: www.erbosoft.com/blog/

Posts: 1480 | From: Denver, CO, US | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
codazzo
Geek-in-Training
Member # 3047

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted December 16, 2005 02:22      Profile for codazzo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me happy [Happytears]

i love cats at least as much as i'm allergic to them
i'm happy you can have fun with your kitty [Applause]

Posts: 36 | From: Italy | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
DigitalBill

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 646

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 16, 2005 07:10      Profile for DigitalBill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
N & S,

Sorry I missed this, but my best wishes for Nitrokitty's full and speedy recovery. I know she's been your muse for years!

I sure would like to have a cat in my life again, but life's just too weird these days. Maybe one day soon.

Get Well, Nitrokitty!

=DB

--------------------
I've found life is so much better in the cartoon universe!
"No power in the 'Verse can stop us!"

Posts: 604 | From: The Wizards of Technology Binary Bunker | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doco

SuperFan!
Member # 371

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 16, 2005 07:15      Profile for Doco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoop!
Posts: 419 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Matias
Highlie
Member # 4216

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 16, 2005 08:16      Profile for Matias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The NitroKitty is adorable. I am so happy to hear that she is better.

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Posts: 516 | From: The Land of the mouse.... | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
CyberGoddess
Highlie
Member # 147

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 23, 2005 13:11      Profile for CyberGoddess   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember her first appearance on the forums. [Smile]

I'm so glad to hear she's doing well.

--------------------
CyberGoddess
La Goddess of Go-Go :)
http://www.kageneko.net
After Y2K Fan Club Member #15

"Chaos. Panic. Disorder. My work here is done."

Posts: 621 | From: Larkspur, CA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Danimal
Mini Geek
Member # 2016

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2005 13:44      Profile for Danimal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have a place near here called Dr. Joe's Animal Hospital and Chinese Buffett.

They have really great Szechuan there. [Smile] [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Corporate America (or place your country here)" is one of those weird religions that still believes in human sacrifice.

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture