homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » Trip pics

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Trip pics
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted November 02, 2005 10:57      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a couple of quick shots of our flight down to Phoenix...

Leaving Vancouver Island
 -

-
The Outlands!

Ok more soon!

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Kinguy
Geek
Member # 4527

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2005 11:54      Profile for Kinguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2005 12:10      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You didn't get any pics of the monster on the wing? [Wink]
Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2005 12:16      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GMx,

The monster on the wing only shows up on DC-10's and in the middle of a huge storm.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2464 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2005 13:28      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shroom, GMx is talking about the monster of Lake Nitrosnag - it's been known to surface from time to time.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2005 13:34      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh. I was assuming that he was referring to the old Twilight Zone episode. Silly me.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2464 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
ChildeRoland
Alpha Geek
Member # 3880

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 03, 2005 03:39      Profile for ChildeRoland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, that wasn't a Willy Shatner reference?

--------------------
=====================
Childe Roland

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 03, 2005 06:13      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CommanderShroom:
Ahh. I was assuming that he was referring to the old Twilight Zone episode. Silly me.

I would too. Actually, wasn't that a Twilight zone "movie" along with a few other choice episodes ("you want to see something _really_ scary", the racist who got timewarped as a Jew in Nazi Germany, the boy who could make anything happen by thinking it, etc)

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 03, 2005 08:35      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ChildeRoland:
So, that wasn't a Willy Shatner reference?

I believe you are correct. It was a young Shatner that played the freaked-out passenger who alone could spot the gremlin on the wing.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 03, 2005 10:26      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I was talking about that Twilight Zone episode with Shatner. That episode was also part of the Twilight Zone movie with John Lithgow playing the Shatner part.

The Twilight Zone movie really sucked. That's what csk was referring to. Poor Vic Morrow got decapitated by a helicopter blade in an accident on the set because of Jon Landis' rush to get the take done so safety was overlooked. He was cleared at trial though.

Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Erbo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 199

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 03, 2005 13:02      Profile for Erbo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That must have just been the first leg of your journey, 'cos I can see you're on a prop plane, and the only prop planes airlines run these days are those little "puddlejumpers" used for short hops, like the EMB-24 Brasilia that United used on its LAX-to-Santa Barbara and LAX-to-Monterey runs as of 2000.

--------------------
See more From The Erbo Files: www.erbosoft.com/blog/

Posts: 1480 | From: Denver, CO, US | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted November 03, 2005 19:57      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. Those are awesome. I have yet to get a good picture out a plane window. Somehow, I always get the window with nose prints. Are there going to be more selected moments from the trip? Did you have a good time? Was your talk well received?

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
maswan

Lord of the Root!
Member # 269

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 03, 2005 21:24      Profile for maswan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Erbo:
That must have just been the first leg of your journey, 'cos I can see you're on a prop plane, and the only prop planes airlines run these days are those little "puddlejumpers" used for short hops, like the EMB-24 Brasilia that United used on its LAX-to-Santa Barbara and LAX-to-Monterey runs as of 2000.

Well, Munich to Pisa isn't _that_ short, it is a 2-hour flight. And Air Dolomiti runs those with prop planes.
Posts: 71 | From: UmeŚ, Sweden | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted November 04, 2005 17:29      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a quick update...

We did our presentation this morning and it went really well. [Smile] We started with a Keynote-based overview of the website and the history of geeks, then Nitro did a demo of how we produce a comic by drawing one of the students. Plus we had a bunch of giveaways, those who had the correct answers to some geeky trivia won JoT books and propeller beanies, so that was really fun.

The school (UAT) is pretty neat, we really like the mix of technology and creative training they have going. We sat in on some of the students's portfolio presentations, and we were blown away by some of the stuff they're doing.

Feels great to have the presentation over with, now we can relax a bit for the next couple of days. [tired] [Big Grin]

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2005 07:51      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats on the presentation, Snaggy!

I looked at previous posts and couldn't find what this is about, other than the "geek" research in one thread.What kind of symposium is this? How did you get involved?? What's it all about, Alfie? [Big Grin]

wow. William Shatner was the guy in that episode?

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture