homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » Cell phone in the woods - that's **so** true

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cell phone in the woods - that's **so** true
Doco

SuperFan!
Member # 371

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 08, 2005 08:17      Profile for Doco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey - that comic hits a little close to home. A couple of weeks ago we went camping for the weekend at a state park. Of course the cell phone said "No service" which is normally a good thing - no chance for work or other interuptions - just a weekend of family and no worries. Ok - only a few worries about keeping the kids from fighting too much.

Anyway - I grandfather was in the hospital recovering from surgery and I was a little worried about him. We were driving up to the park office from the campsite and found that we had *some* signal at one point. However - it wasn't enough to make more than a 30 second call. So up the nearby moraine to the top and I was able to get good enough signal to find out that grandpa was not only doing better but home from the hospital. Granted I looked a little wierd just standing on top of a grassy hill in the middle of the park but it sure was nice to be able to make that call.

Posts: 419 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Frost
Geek
Member # 1267

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted July 09, 2005 03:54      Profile for Frost     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you just gave some cell phone service provider their next comercal. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Success requires no explanations, Failure permits no alibis.

Posts: 217 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture