homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » Revenge of the Sith (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Revenge of the Sith
zboy
Mini Geek
Member # 2969

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 18, 2005 16:29      Profile for zboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So tonight is the night. I've got my ticket and ready to see the movie. How many of you are going to see Episode 3 tonight? I also wonder how many of you can't see this cause you are already in line.
Posts: 72 | From: A galaxy far, far, away ... | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 18, 2005 16:37      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about those of us that have already seen the midnight session about 9 hours ago? [Wink]

It was good, very good. Still some sucky dialogue, but the plot in general was much better this time, I thought. And a lot of nice touches that tied up a lot of loose ends. Well worth seeing.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 18, 2005 16:39      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got my ticket and am sewing up the finishing touches on my costume right now. [Big Grin] It's not as good as I would like, but I never said I could sew. [crazy] I'll post pictures as soon as I'm finished and I have my wig done.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 18, 2005 16:44      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not a Star Wars guy; however, my work is paying for the tickets, and the time for everyone in my office to go see it tomorrow afternoon as well as drinks and food afterwards, so I'm nog goint o pass up the chance at freeness. [Smile]

We have tickets to see it for 12:45pm EDT tomorrow.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
RScottV

SuperFan!
Member # 3540

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 18, 2005 17:09      Profile for RScottV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today's Minneapolis Star Tribune had a blurb that stated that 20,000 people in Canada and 400,000 people in the UK listed their religion as "Jedi" in the last census!
Posts: 211 | From: Saint Paul, MN | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 18, 2005 19:24      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, my costume is finished. It looks pretty bad, but it's the first costume I've ever made so no laughing. [Wink]

This is what it is supposed to look like.

Here is a picture of me from the front. And here is one from the side where you can see my tiny pregnant belly. I thought I would look bigger than this at 5 months, but there you go. [crazy] Tell me what you think (unless it's bad, then I don't want to know [Razz] ).

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 18, 2005 19:34      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, clever move going as a pregnant Amidala (I don' t suppose that was factored into the conception date [Wink] ) I can just see all the "Wow, you look like you're really pregnant, how did you do that?". Presuming they don't die of shock first from seeing an actual live female [Wink]

Costume looks good, too, by the way.

/actually, plenty of females at last nights show, more than I expected,really

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted May 18, 2005 19:44      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PB! I was hoping you'd go as the Preggers-Padme [Big Grin]

[thumbsup] looking good... Nitro's trying to drag me to the midnight show now. [Razz]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 18, 2005 21:03      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(baby kicks)

Hmmm.... the force is strong in this one ....

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted May 19, 2005 03:09      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got back from the midnight showing, Nitro and I had a great time. [thumbsup]

I concur with csk... a few sucky details, but overall very nice work Mr. Lucas! The Force was relatively strong with you this time. [Big Grin]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted May 19, 2005 03:28      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AWSOME!!!! i love this movie.. a great intermediary to EP IV. no details to mince untill most of you ave seen it...

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 19, 2005 05:43      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Q) What did Darth Vader die of?

A) Sithilis.

/coat

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

jordanv
Assimilated
Member # 3189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 19, 2005 07:30      Profile for jordanv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Teh movie was teh suxx.

You people have lowered your standards based on the tripe that was EPs I and II.

Then again, I think that Star Wars IV - VI sucked.

Take from that what you will.

Posts: 364 | From: a house (in Sydney) | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Zwilnik

Member # 615

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 19, 2005 07:55      Profile for Zwilnik   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RScottV:
Today's Minneapolis Star Tribune had a blurb that stated that 20,000 people in Canada and 400,000 people in the UK listed their religion as "Jedi" in the last census!

I was one of them, but more as a way of protesting about a question about religion in a government census. Next time they won't put such stupid questions in an important census [Smile]

--------------------
The Universe is entirely made up of elements.
The most important of which is the element of surprise.

Posts: 1040 | From: West Sussex, UK | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 19, 2005 08:54      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jordanv:
Teh movie was teh suxx.

You people have lowered your standards based on the tripe that was EPs I and II.

I don't think it was anywhere near as good as the original trilogy, but it was much better than Episode I and II. A lot of the acting was still bad, but this time in a few scenes there was genuine affection between Anakin and Padme. And even if the rest of the movie was terrible the fight at the end between Obi-Wan and Anakin made the whole thing worth while. [Big Grin]

I was disappointed that some of my favorite lines from the book weren't in there. [Frown]

--------------------
óMiss Piggy

Orpheus
Highlie
Member # 2397

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted May 19, 2005 09:24      Profile for Orpheus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maia and I went to the midnight showing last night and though she hadn't had much sleep the night before managed to stay up. We both thought it was the best of these first three episodes. It just felt more mature and I think they did a better job of developing Anakin's turmoil. Though its easy to see the family trend of whininess. Lightsaber fights were definitely pretty good and you got to see lots more of Yoda kickin ass.

BTW, very nice costume PB! We actually saw a Jar-Jar at the theater last night, the guy was up on stilts and everything.

--------------------
my cats make me crazy

Posts: 554 | From: Galveston, TX | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Nitrozac

Benevolent Dictator!
Member # 111

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 19, 2005 11:11      Profile for Nitrozac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great outfit Peebs! You could wear that for normal clothes, it looks awesome!
zboy
Mini Geek
Member # 2969

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 19, 2005 11:55      Profile for zboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I have had time to contemplate on the movie. It is what I was hoping for. It was great. I thought the lines were alot better in it, except for the "I love you", "No, I love you more." line.

Excellent seqway (check spelling on that) between the Ep. 3 and 4. It also left me emotionally exhausted when it was done.

Posts: 72 | From: A galaxy far, far, away ... | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Evilbunny
Uber Geek
Member # 970

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 19, 2005 13:12      Profile for Evilbunny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved the movie! There were some humorous moments. The news came and interviewed me for my darth vader costume too, but I don't have pictures. They said I was best dressed, but I'm from Wyoming, so there were only aout 600 people in line. I don't know if that's a lot or not!
Posts: 904 | From: A Calculus book near you... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
greycat

Member # 945

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 20, 2005 05:24      Profile for greycat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

From WordNet (r) 2.0 [wn]:

segue
v : proceed without interruption; in music or talk; "He segued
into another discourse"

[Geek]
Posts: 1522 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 20, 2005 05:48      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
btw - does anyone know if those Star Wars geeks in L.A. are still waiting outside the wrong theatre?

--------------------

littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 20, 2005 06:35      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they got there
Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 20, 2005 08:50      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I said before, I'm not a Star Wars fan, and never was. I tried to ignore that and give the movie an honest chance.

It sucked.

Don't get me wrong. I thought the premise and the plot, and the story were quite excellent. The effects based on the cost, and the dialogue and acting were nothing short of poo.

Hayden Christensen was the only one who turned in a half decent performance.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
angryjungman

Member # 2434

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 20, 2005 09:03      Profile for angryjungman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steph and I went to the 22:30 showing lst night. While it didn't suck nearly as bad as Episode II, it was still not even remotely as good as Ep. IV-VI.

--------------------
Meh.

Posts: 633 | From: princeton, nj | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 20, 2005 12:20      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
Hayden Christensen was the only one who turned in a half decent performance.

First Phil Collins, now this. You've got to put down the crack pipe. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture