homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » New application "Comic Life" to make comics easier

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New application "Comic Life" to make comics easier
songcarver
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 3843

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2005 07:39      Profile for songcarver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hiya all, I enjoy reading the comics here and I see people making their own too - wish i had your skill!

Just thought I'd share something which my little collective has just finished this week which some of you guys may like to try out - we'd love to hear your comments!

We're called http://plasq.com, and we've just released Comic Life, which is a fun, but powerful app for making comics and other art out of digital photos (or pictures etc)

anyway, love to hear your thoughts..
Keith
http://www.plasq.com

Posts: 2 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2005 09:25      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*cough*

spam

*cough*

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
n4dmx
Geek
Member # 3177

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2005 09:39      Profile for n4dmx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmmmm...

-

Posts: 218 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nitrozac

Benevolent Dictator!
Member # 111

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2005 10:45      Profile for Nitrozac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, the post is little Spammish, but I tried the app, it's really fun! I like it a lot! [Big Grin]
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted April 13, 2005 10:50      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yep, spam, but somewhat relevant spam anyway.

I checked out the app... it's actually very nicely designed. Ties into iPhoto and is very easy to use... the sounds are fun too. [Smile]

I predict a rash of "what my cat is thinking today" comics.

One thing that I would suggest is making the balloon interface a little clearer... both Nitro and I were stuck at "how do I flip the balloon so the pointer is facing the other way?". You may want to add a "flip horizontal" menu command?
'Course once we figured out to use the '"extend" setting, all was well... nice execution on that. Quickcomic is a kinda cool idea too.

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
RScottV

SuperFan!
Member # 3540

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2005 09:22      Profile for RScottV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
One thing that I would suggest is making the balloon interface a little clearer... both Nitro and I were stuck at "how do I flip the balloon so the pointer is facing the other way?". You may want to add a "flip horizontal" menu command?

All you have to do is move the orange dot at the point of the balloon origin and the balloon automatically flips as needed.

I just bought this program and I love it. (It won't put N & S out of business as it does not come with a sense of humor or a "convert to illustration" effect.)

If someone can tell me how to post an image, I will post an example page of a comic that I am doing of my daughter's birthday.

Posts: 211 | From: Saint Paul, MN | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
n4dmx
Geek
Member # 3177

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2005 14:29      Profile for n4dmx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have to use an outside image host, such as photobucket. After you upload your stuff to the image host, and wish to include a picture in a post on these forums, click the "IMAGE" button below the message text, and a dialog box will ask for the image URL. Put the URL for the image you wish to include in the post in the textbox, and add the reply. [Wink]
Posts: 218 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
RScottV

SuperFan!
Member # 3540

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2005 15:39      Profile for RScottV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your help. I will try it with my .Mac account as host when I get a chance.
Posts: 211 | From: Saint Paul, MN | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
songcarver
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 3843

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 15, 2005 09:47      Profile for songcarver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks guys!

I risked looking spammy, but hey, you gotta take risks. :-) it's plasqs first product, it's mac, and we're learning as we go.

thanks guys for the praise, it means a lot to us :-)

Keith

Posts: 2 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
magefile
Highlie
Member # 2918

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 15, 2005 12:54      Profile for magefile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm getting my first (well, first outside of work) Mac tonight, so I'll try it then.

Actually not my first ... just my first since my LGII. '93-ish, IIRC.

--------------------
Let them be stupid - the market will sort it out.

Posts: 743 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture