homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » Comic I made. What do you think?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Comic I made. What do you think?
JCP
Newbie Larva
Member # 3810

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 08, 2005 08:10      Profile for JCP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I've been reading your comics for a long time enjoying them very much. I recently made a comic in the same style for my brother's blog. I'd like to know what you think of it. It's my thrid piece including vector work and first comic ever. [Big Grin]

I'm sure you are all familiar with the subjec so I'll spare you from the normal build up. Here goes. (I hope you don't sue me for the name, it's a one-time project and the blog entry did mention this site [Wink] )

-

Posts: 5 | From: Finland | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
nit
Geek-in-Training
Member # 2690

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 08, 2005 08:56      Profile for nit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pictures are quite nice, not sure I get the joke

--------------------
Nit
_ _ ___________________________ _ _
Truth is like a blanket that always leaves your feet cold. You push it, stretch it, it'll never be enough. Kick at it, beat it, it'll never cover any of us. From the moment we enter crying, to the moment we leave dying, it'll just cover your face as you wail and cry and scream.

Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 08, 2005 09:06      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heehee, like it [Big Grin] [thumbsup] By the way, 'ey up and welcome to the forums JCP, stick around and have some fun.
Posts: 1143 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
greycat

Member # 945

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 08, 2005 09:26      Profile for greycat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's way better than anything I could do. [thumbsup]
Posts: 1522 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
bob_weiner
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 3813

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 08, 2005 11:25      Profile for bob_weiner   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was funny! Nice job with the art and gag! [Smile]

-Krishna

--------------------
The PC Weenies Cartoon
http://www.pcweenies.org
"When you're in IT, you'll get it."

Posts: 3 | From: Savannah GA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 08, 2005 20:20      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Work.  -

And to bob_weiner, nice website. You should intro yourself on a new All About You thread.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
SilverBlade
Alpha Geek
Member # 3541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 09, 2005 07:04      Profile for SilverBlade   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great! You should talk to Nitrozac and Snaggy about joining the team [Wink]

--------------------
http://www.silver-blade.net

Posts: 303 | From: Hong Kong | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
JCP
Newbie Larva
Member # 3810

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 10, 2005 12:44      Profile for JCP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for compliments guys! I'm having real trouble drawing faces and people in general but if I can sort it out I'm sure to try my hand on a project like this again.

(sure would like if Nitro or Snaggy commented [Wink] )

PS sorry for posting under wrong forum..didn't find the "creative" one before.

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted April 10, 2005 17:09      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
very nice!

Welcome JCP [Smile]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Nitrozac

Benevolent Dictator!
Member # 111

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted April 10, 2005 17:18      Profile for Nitrozac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoa! Impressive! I dig the humor too. I detect some talent around here! [Big Grin]
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 10, 2005 21:26      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After all, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery [Smile]

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
JCP
Newbie Larva
Member # 3810

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 17, 2005 14:34      Profile for JCP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nitrozac:
Whoa! Impressive! I dig the humor too. I detect some talent around here! [Big Grin]

Was out of town for some time. But great thanks for the comment. You are the best guys!

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture